PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McD: “I need to get Harry the ball more often”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry sounds like the 2nd coming of Dan Graham.

For years,this board built Graham up as an up and coming Antonio Gates 2.0 with a 1st round pick price tag when the time came for the Pats to cash in via trade.
Patience .....which 90% of this board lacks

Nothing wrong with 4.5 as long as he catches the ball

Brady doesnt trust him because he doesnt catch the ball or run the route thats suppose to happen.

Brady is not a deep ball QB like Mahomes either.

Brady doesnt trust him because he doesnt catch the ball or run the route thats suppose to happen.

Brady is not a deep ball QB like Mahomes either.
He's a rookie. Feel free to give up on him after a handful of games.

I had a torn rotator cuff too. It was brutal. I had to take opioid pain killers to sleep.

But for me, eventually, I felt fine. It was my left shoulder and I could actually pitch with it no problem. But when I went to reach above my head to catch a high ball, the pain was crazy. But an hour later, it felt OK again but I learned quickly not to do that again. Took me almost a year before feeling 100%.

Also, people are saying that Jules' shoulder is so bad that it looks deformed when he has his shirt off. He has a significant shoulder separation as well from the sounds of it.

But for me, eventually, I felt fine. It was my left shoulder and I could actually pitch with it no problem. But when I went to reach above my head to catch a high ball, the pain was crazy. But an hour later, it felt OK again but I learned quickly not to do that again. Took me almost a year before feeling 100%.

Also, people are saying that Jules' shoulder is so bad that it looks deformed when he has his shirt off. He has a significant shoulder separation as well from the sounds of it.
Shoulder, ribs, knee.....one thing after another.

He is a bad man.

Shoulder, ribs, knee.....one thing after another.

He is a bad man.

I would also say that it is absolutely ridiculous that he has 90+ catches when he is the only person that defenses have to worry about. Yet, he is still getting open and making the catch.

You also forgot his thumb, which was the first I think! And he is also 32 years old with all of those injuries. Special dude that man is.

I would also say that it is absolutely ridiculous that he has 90+ catches when he is the only person that defenses have to worry about. Yet, he is still getting open and making the catch.

You also forgot his thumb, which was the first I think! And he is also 32 years old with all of those injuries. Special dude that man is.
Ah the thumb....Poor guy.

WRs dont need to be fast. I am so sick of people complaining about Harry's "lack" of speed. Hes 6-4 225. It might come to pass he needs to lose a couple of pounds. Josh came in bigger and it hurt him.

At the end of the day WRs need to know how to run precise routes, deal with contact, get open consistently and most importantly catch the ball.

If speed were all that mattered Phillip Dorsett would have JE11 numbers.

And when they get a smaller WR they complain about lack of size. Harry is going to turn into a really good player for them if they use him to his strengths. I love the idea of using him in the middle of the field and exploiting coverages that double Edelman wide.

And when they get a smaller WR they complain about lack of size. Harry is going to turn into a really good player for them if they use him to his strengths. I love the idea of using him in the middle of the field and exploiting coverages that double Edelman wide.

Some of our Brady Apologist fans move the goalposts as much as Goodell when Brady has a bad stretch of play.

"no separation"

"no deep threat"

lmao

All myths.

Some of our Brady Apologist fans move the goalposts as much as Goodell when Brady has a bad stretch of play.

"no separation"

"no deep threat"

lmao

All myths.

Agree completely. Brady owes every single one of us an apology for his play as the Patriots QB. It’s been a travesty.

"no separation"

"no deep threat"

lmao

All myths.

I’m just curious. Who is our deep threat stretch the field player on this roster?

Should at least get Harry the ball on some Cordarelle Patterson type plays. Harry is pretty nimble for a big guy.

Also should pull the plug on Sony for Bolden. Need to be less predictable, too obvious to tell if it's a run or a pass and Bolden is a lot more versatile.

TBH Bolden is having a significantly better year than Sony. Maybe it's time to bench Sony and give the reps to Bolden. Brandon is averaging 5.7 yars per rush and 12.3 yards per catch.

Harry needs to get more involved in the offense, yes. He should have scored a TD on the goal line play where the dumb refs called him out. But he didn't make much of an impact or get a chance to impact the game outside of that.

I’m just curious. Who is our deep threat stretch the field player on this roster?

Wow. You're a Pats fan and don't this answer?

Hint: Our guy got mauled for two PI calls last Sunday (well, one was called and Goodell's henchmen cheated on the other one), and he made a great catch before half in the title game.

How many of these speed demons did Brady have from 2001-2004?

Agree completely. Brady owes every single one of us an apology for his play as the Patriots QB. It’s been a travesty.

See, when this sarcasm happens in such a black and white way. It actually makes you look bad.

Brady has been playing like hot garbage for a while. Period. Underthrown balls, throws high, temper tantrums and fingerpointing = bad leadership, etc. His comp% is way off the goal of 60% and he's ranked in with some awful QBs.

Why do you think BB drafted JimmyG in 2014 and worked everyday to develop him?

I'd bet money he's working daily with Stidham right now for the same reasons.

He may be thre GOAT, but you shouldn't absolve his crap play (at times) over his career, when it's happened either.

And, I don't think skipping OTAs 2 years in a row is a coincidence in terms of helping along the relationship with new or rookie WRs.

Hint: Our guy got mauled for two PI calls last Sunday (well, one was called and Goodell's henchmen cheated on the other one), and he made a great catch before half in the title game.

2, Patten and later on both he and branch. Both better than Dorsett imo.

2, Patten and later on both he and branch. Both better than Dorsett imo.

Branch definitely a better WR than Dorsett, but he's not faster and was in no way, shape of form a deep threat. The one play I remember him ever scoring deep on was off of playaction, I believe in the 2nd qtr in the 2004 title game in Pitt, after Dillon had about 1o carries already, setting that play up, but Patten was the only real deep threat, and he was nothing more than an average WR anyway. SOlid player, but Dorsett has more overall skill than Patten, IMO.

If you look at Dorsett's catch/target rate, it's really good. He catches everything.

2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Phillip Dorsett

Strengths:
  • Extremely fast, elite speed
  • Superb route-runner
  • Deep threat receiver
  • Very sudden in and out of breaks
  • Superb at getting separation
  • Threat to score on any touch
  • Home-run hitter
  • Stretches a defense vertically
  • Explosive play-maker in college
  • Dangerous run-after-the-catch receiver
  • Very polished
  • Reliable hands
  • Quick release off of the line
  • Plug and play; ready to contribute
  • Experienced and successful against quality college programs

Branch definitely a better WR than Dorsett, but he's not faster and was in no way, shape of form a deep threat. The one play I remember him ever scoring deep on was off of playaction, I believe in the 2nd qtr in the 2004 title game in Pitt, after Dillon had about 1o carries already, setting that play up, but Patten was the only real deep threat, and he was nothing more than an average WR anyway. SOlid player, but Dorsett has more overall skill than Patten, IMO.

If you look at Dorsett's catch/target rate, it's really good. He catches everything.

2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Phillip Dorsett

Strengths:
  • Extremely fast, elite speed
  • Superb route-runner
  • Deep threat receiver
  • Very sudden in and out of breaks
  • Superb at getting separation
  • Threat to score on any touch
  • Home-run hitter
  • Stretches a defense vertically
  • Explosive play-maker in college
  • Dangerous run-after-the-catch receiver
  • Very polished
  • Reliable hands
  • Quick release off of the line
  • Plug and play; ready to contribute
  • Experienced and successful against quality college programs

Yeah his scouting reports all fine and dandy and his blazing 40 time made him a first rounder, but has that really translated in the pros? He made a play in last years AFCC and has made some nice grabs during his time here. But I’d argue he’s become more of a possession type with his hands. Defenses aren’t respecting his ability to stretch the field. His YPC doesn’t show a true deep threat (12 ypc). Ifhe is a true deep threat that number should be higher.

Yeah his scouting reports all fine and dandy and his blazing 40 time made him a first rounder, but has that really translated in the pros? He made a play in last years AFCC and has made some nice grabs during his time here. But I’d argue he’s become more of a possession type with his hands. Defenses aren’t respecting his ability to stretch the field. His YPC doesn’t show a true deep threat (12 ypc). Ifhe is a true deep threat that number should be higher.

Well, can we at least agree this field stretching business was never a topic of discussion pre 2007 until Moss arrived?

If Weis wanted Patten to go deep, he went deep. If McDoofus wants Dorsett to go deep, he can certainly go deep.

Again, he got behind their D twice alone that Brady saw, and it drew PI. And , that's just one game.

I don't know what more you want.

The answer to this is "No, it has not translated to the pros". Regardless of how fast he is, Dorsett has very poor situational football awareness. Take a look at his last game against the Chiefs. Chiefs load the line of scrimmage and blitz and Dorsett doesn't adjust his route. It's one of the worst football plays I've ever seen a receiver make. Absolutely no help to his QB. I don't hate the guy but his low football IQ limits him.

Dorsett is a deep threat? Since when?
He has major problems getting separation. Gets manhandled at the los.
Gets zero yac. Cannot win a contested ball. He does catch a good percentage of whats thrown to him, so there's that.
He runs a fast 40. But he's never been a deep threat. Never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes