PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McD: “I need to get Harry the ball more often”

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to this is "No, it has not translated to the pros". Regardless of how fast he is, Dorsett has very poor situational football awareness. Take a look at his last game against the Chiefs. Chiefs load the line of scrimmage and blitz and Dorsett doesn't adjust his route. It's one of the worst football plays I've ever seen a receiver make. Absolutely no help to his QB. I don't hate the guy but his low football IQ limits him.

A little dramatic, no? I saw a guy draw two PI calls, deep. Brady has been no help to himself the last 2 years skipping OTAs and refusing to work with new or rookie WRs,

Dorsett is a deep threat? Since when?
He has major problems getting separation. Gets manhandled at the los.
Gets zero yac. Cannot win a contested ball. He does catch a good percentage of whats thrown to him, so there's that.
He runs a fast 40. But he's never been a deep threat. Never will be.

Laughable. He drew 2 PI calls on Sunday and had a huge TD, deep, vs KC in the title game.

And, quite frankly, Brady absolutely sucks with the deep ball anyway. He's only good with it off play-action. He had his WRs waiting on under-thrown balls constantly.

Branch definitely a better WR than Dorsett, but he's not faster and was in no way, shape of form a deep threat. The one play I remember him ever scoring deep on was off of playaction, I believe in the 2nd qtr in the 2004 title game in Pitt, after Dillon had about 1o carries already, setting that play up, but Patten was the only real deep threat, and he was nothing more than an average WR anyway. SOlid player, but Dorsett has more overall skill than Patten, IMO.

If you look at Dorsett's catch/target rate, it's really good. He catches everything.

2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Phillip Dorsett

Strengths:
  • Extremely fast, elite speed
  • Superb route-runner
  • Deep threat receiver
  • Very sudden in and out of breaks
  • Superb at getting separation
  • Threat to score on any touch
  • Home-run hitter
  • Stretches a defense vertically
  • Explosive play-maker in college
  • Dangerous run-after-the-catch receiver
  • Very polished
  • Reliable hands
  • Quick release off of the line
  • Plug and play; ready to contribute
  • Experienced and successful against quality college programs

Looking at that list, Dorsett is none of that! I mean "Dangerous run-after-the-catch receiver". That is absolutely hilarious!

More evidence that these so called "scouting" reports are just junk.

Looking at that list, Dorsett is none of that! I mean "Dangerous run-after-the-catch receiver". That is absolutely hilarious!

More evidence that these so called "scouting" reports are just junk.

How would we know when Brady acts like some of these WRs have leprosy?

My favorite part is BB trading for Sanu, Brady gushing over him, and now all of a sudden because Brady has sucked, it's magically about "separation".

Kinda coincidental isn't it? Does Brady ever not play well in your eyes?

My favorite part is BB trading for Sanu, Brady gushing over him, and now all of a sudden because Brady has sucked, it's magically about "separation".

"Does Brady ever not play well in your eyes" seems to be a strawman. Based on what I've observed of your posts, you don't seem particularly to be interested in good faith discourse, discussion, and exchange. Rather, you appear have an agenda/set of opinions that you are interested in arguing for.

At any rate, to address your question, of course Brady has been struggling; it hasn't been a particularly strong season for him, or the offense in general. As thoughtful analysts have indicated, the offensive struggles (and Brady's struggles) are due to many variables, not one silver bullet.

The offensive line has been inconsistent and subpar at times. The receivers are up-and-down, young, inexperienced, and have yet to earn Brady's full trust. The TE position hasn't been great. And Sony isn't providing a ton. While there are flashes of brilliance, generally the offense cannot cohesively execute on a consistent basis.

It's not one specific individual; it's a collection individuals who aren't executing at a consistently high level.

In terms of Brady specifically, his arm strength still looks fine and he's still moving exceptionally well in the pocket. I don't see any telltale signs of a age-related drop-off. Rather, I think he's having an 'off' year for the aforementioned reasons, and I think he'd be having an 'off' year regardless of whether he was 42 or 32, given the circumstances.

Of course he does but honestly, Dorsett does not suck because of Brady. He sucked in Indy and that is why they traded him. He was a bust. He catches balls sure, but falls down right after.

Brady has to keep going to Meyers because he open. He will drop the ball (just like Lafell) but will eventually make a big play.

Laughable. He drew 2 PI calls on Sunday and had a huge TD, deep, vs KC in the title game.

And, quite frankly, Brady absolutely sucks with the deep ball anyway. He's only good with it off play-action. He had his WRs waiting on under-thrown balls constantly.

Yes those were the exceptions. He has never been a consistent deep threat. Not with Indy. Not with NE.
He is a possession receiver.
Brady has statically been the best deep-ball thrower in the NFL several times.
#1.
He also won the deep ball competition at least once at the old quarterback challenge.
Were you a fan in 2007?
When Brady has had wrs who can get deep, hes been a superb deep ball thrower.
But this isn't 1980.
You're not going to win consistently throwing the deep ball. Brady's body of work speaks for itself.
Even now, he still has plenty of zip on ball.
What he doesn't have is time to throw.
Or wrs beside je that can get open consistently.
You're full of ****, Chris.

See, when this sarcasm happens in such a black and white way. It actually makes you look bad.

Brady has been playing like hot garbage for a while. Period. Underthrown balls, throws high, temper tantrums and fingerpointing = bad leadership, etc. His comp% is way off the goal of 60% and he's ranked in with some awful QBs.

Why do you think BB drafted JimmyG in 2014 and worked everyday to develop him?

I'd bet money he's working daily with Stidham right now for the same reasons.

He may be thre GOAT, but you shouldn't absolve his crap play (at times) over his career, when it's happened either.

And, I don't think skipping OTAs 2 years in a row is a coincidence in terms of helping along the relationship with new or rookie WRs.

We are all so grateful for your wisdom. You must be some kind of insider. Thank you so much.

Well, can we at least agree this field stretching business was never a topic of discussion pre 2007 until Moss arrived?

If Weis wanted Patten to go deep, he went deep. If McDoofus wants Dorsett to go deep, he can certainly go deep.

Again, he got behind their D twice alone that Brady saw, and it drew PI. And , that's just one game.

I don't know what more you want.

Didn’t this douchebag post here under another name? Rusty something or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back