PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh is not walking thru that door.

Pedestrian? Last season Mac was able to have the success from McDaniels offense. We looked like an actual offense last season. The issues being reported from the raiders organization is the players don't want the patriots culture there they claim McDaniels is trying to be lik
NO coach can survive long without winning or at least improving. Being an assh*le or not has nothing to do with it. If you can give your team game plans that work consistently, you will "win" your locker room. Understand they don't necessarily have to translate into wins, but rather in those losses the team understands WHY they lost. (TO's, lack of execution at key points in the game, penalties, etc). So you can keep the locker room while you LEARN to win

I HATED Josh's choice of LV. Not a great city to raise a young family. Not a great owner, and a top heavy roster that you have inherited with a TON of bad draft picks the last few years.

BTW- My best guess on why Josh got such a ringing endorsement from Chucky Jr is simply money. Relatively speaking. Mark Davis is NOT rich. He is paying Chuck Sr. a TON of money not to coach, he doesn't want to play even more to Josh to coach for another team. So as much as I would love to see him back, it isn't going to happen. Josh will get another year to turn this around
e BB. Lot's of in fighting in the raiders locker

NO coach can survive long without winning or at least improving. Being an assh*le or not has nothing to do with it. If you can give your team game plans that work consistently, you will "win" your locker room. Understand they don't necessarily have to translate into wins, but rather in those losses the team understands WHY they lost. (TO's, lack of execution at key points in the game, penalties, etc). So you can keep the locker room while you LEARN to win

I HATED Josh's choice of LV. Not a great city to raise a young family. Not a great owner, and a top heavy roster that you have inherited with a TON of bad draft picks the last few years.

BTW- My best guess on why Josh got such a ringing endorsement from Chucky Jr is simply money. Relatively speaking. Mark Davis is NOT rich. He is paying Chuck Sr. a TON of money not to coach, he doesn't want to play even more to Josh to coach for another team. So as much as I would love to see him back, it isn't going to happen. Josh will get another year to turn this around.
I believe given how Josh burned the Colts, and stafanksi getting the Cleveland job where Josh wanted to go. He felt his chances to be a head coach were thin. He looked at the roster as they were loaded. However Vegas, everyone knows what Vegas is all about.

I wish Josh wouldn't have left. He and another season with Mac would have definitely elevated Mac's progression.

The explanation is that last season Jones was in a Game Manager dink and dunk offense designed to protect him. Safe passing plays, an emphasis on the run and playing stout defense. When the 2021 NE run game and defense started to show cracks, the Alabama QB behind the curtain was exposed. If the opponent jumps out to a substantial lead, the Pats are screwed. We saw a glimpse of what the future held for the Pats when Jones tried to draw TD first blood when he aired it out to Agahlor vs the Bills.

Forward to 2022 where the Pats have been allowing Jones to throw like the big kids. It has been a freaking disaster. We are lucky that Jones only has 7 INTs to date. Do not blame the person throwing the ball though because its Patricia's fault and the OL fault. At times Jones looks exactly like Drew Bledsoe and when you think about it, the past has repeated itself. A whole list of people were blamed because Bledsoe played like axx too.

You will all see next season that Cam Jones is not a franchise QB.
To continue on this look at the last 6 games of 2021
Buffalo: Mac threw 3 passes
Colts: down 20-0 in the 4th Q
Buffalo2: Mac 14-32 145 yards 0tds, 2 ints
Jacksonville: Looked decent beating the 2-14 team
Miami: Down 17-0 2Q, and 27-10 4Q
Buffalo3: 33-3 in the 3Q, to be fair the defense was worse than the offense :eek:

Is there anything there that inspires confidence in Mac, even though McD was the OC?

I'm not a MIT graduate or rocket engineer at NASA, however what my eyes have shown me is under a real offensive player caller Mac adapted to the NFL and brung his team to the playoffs

Under the defensive coordinator, I mean offensive line coach, sorry I meant senior football advisor he's regressed!!!!!
Real: let's give piece a chance this bye week couldn't come soon enough. We will see what they come up with starting Sunday the Offense can't depend on the Defense to carry them all the time. Our Offense needs to pull its weight and it starts with Mac.

From what I can see all that baby fat Mac lost has impacted him not Just taking impact but his arm actually looks weaker.
Mechanics are all over the place. He is quicker on his feet than Tom Bailey or Jimmy. But he is very slow to set his feet and throw the ball.
He is not trusting what he sees on the field and his pocket awareness has dipped.
Now it’s quite possible all of these issues are due to bad coaching but we need to figure this out pronto.
I think his arm is fine, his mechanics are just fine.. his coaching not BB of course, but his offensive coaching is the issue. These next few games are going to be telling. Anyway it ends I see the krafts interjection this off season big time!

I want Josh McDaniels back, in two years

Real: let's give piece a chance this bye week couldn't come soon enough. We will see what they come up with starting Sunday the Offense can't depend on the Defense to carry them all the time. Our Offense needs to pull its weight and it starts with Mac.
Absolutely! Definitely give my team a chance it's just frustrating when I know what the issues are and it's not mac as a player. The kid showed he can play at a high level. Yes we have an elite defense, but offense has to show something other than FGs

Dabol is successful because Josh Allen is a real good QB. Top 5 easy. He still has to win something with Jones.
Josh Allen was terrible his first 2 seasons, Daniel Jones was terrible, dabol fixed them both!

Josh Allen was terrible his first 2 seasons, Daniel Jones was terrible, dabol fixed them both!
I've always felt dabol and Flores were the most successful BB deciples that left.

Absolutely! Definitely give my team a chance it's just frustrating when I know what the issues are and it's not mac as a player. The kid showed he can play at a high level. Yes we have an elite defense, but offense has to show something other than FGs
Those bad contracts from 2021 FA is pretty sickening and we have reaped the fruitage sour grapes. Saw Agholor's 11 Mill cap hit with induces vomiting plus Jonnu Smith with that untradeable contract his cap hit is 17Mill in 2023 :rolleyes: Great job on that contract GM BB wow. I see why BB sat on his hands last FA contemplating those bad contracts. We need Better more Explosive Players on Offense Rham's a start.

Those bad contracts from 2021 FA is pretty sickening and we have reaped the fruitage sour grapes. Saw Agholor's 11 Mill cap hit with induces vomiting plus Jonnu Smith with that untradeable contract his cap hit is 17Mill in 2023 :rolleyes: Great job on that contract GM BB wow. I see why BB sat on his hands last FA contemplating those bad contracts. We need Better more Explosive Players on Offense Rham's a start.
Spot on! I don't anticipate the Krafts spending like in '21 off-season. Smith has been a non factor, I thought alghlor was on IR, HH has been MIA all season coincidently he has the same number receiving yards as Dawson Knox! Who knew! Bourne has been marginalized he also has been Matty p'd. I hope Thornton emerges into that deep threat we need! I say trade for devante adams!

It’s funny how dug in people are on the play-calling vs. QB play debate.

In reality, it’s some combo of playcalling, Mac Jones just not being that great (average NFL QB), turnovers, below average WR/TE talent, and an absolute dumpster fire at OT.

There is also a learning curve, regardless of who the OC, to learning a new offense. If McVay/Daboll or any other “offensive genius” walked through the door there would still be a learning curve

At the end of the day, a good OC needs Talent. I think Matt Lafleur is a great example. Was OC on best offense in league with Rams, went to Titans and struggled. Had a good offense with Packers when they had some talent and they are struggling this year again with less talent…

To continue on this look at the last 6 games of 2021
Buffalo: Mac threw 3 passes
Colts: down 20-0 in the 4th Q
Buffalo2: Mac 14-32 145 yards 0tds, 2 ints
Jacksonville: Looked decent beating the 2-14 team
Miami: Down 17-0 2Q, and 27-10 4Q
Buffalo3: 33-3 in the 3Q, to be fair the defense was worse than the offense :eek:

Is there anything there that inspires confidence in Mac, even though McD was the OC?
He can hit a mean griddy. Especially after he turns the ball over multiple times.

It’s funny how dug in people are on the play-calling vs. QB play debate.

In reality, it’s some combo of playcalling, Mac Jones just not being that great (average NFL QB), turnovers, below average WR/TE talent, and an absolute dumpster fire at OT.

There is also a learning curve, regardless of who the OC, to learning a new offense. If McVay/Daboll or any other “offensive genius” walked through the door there would still be a learning curve

At the end of the day, a good OC needs Talent. I think Matt Lafleur is a great example. Was OC on best offense in league with Rams, went to Titans and struggled. Had a good offense with Packers when they had some talent and they are struggling this year again with less talent…
Sensible and I agree with everything you stated, however in the case with Mac it's pretty obvious
Last season came in as a rookie, played well adapted to the NFL pretty good. OC leaves and you see what the offense looks like..

This season something is wrong. He didn't just wake up and forget how to play QB. He arguably has more talent on the outside this season than last. Also let's not forget ty Montgomery is on IR poor man's Arron jones...

someone hasn't been paying attention. when McDaniels gets fired he will 100% come back to New England because Oakland will still be paying his salary and we know krafty Bob and Bill the GM love hiring coaches who are getting paid by another team.
Exactly. This is the Patriots MO. Save money, be cheap, hire some other team's castoffs so you can give them a different title so the former team foots most of the bill. It's already been done with Matt Patricia and Joe Judge. Why would we be surprised if the Patriots repeated that to bring back McDaniels on cheap money here?

Not sure why so many want McDaniels back as the offense was pedestrian last year.

And please spare yourself the effort in saying they were "6th in points scored". They were a limited offense who inflated most of their stats against really bad teams.
It's not because McDaniels was great, it's because Patricia is so horribly BAD.

It's not because McDaniels was great, it's because Patricia is so horribly BAD.
Yes, however last season that had just that an actual OFFENSE! BB gave Me an idea maybe I'll hire an electrician to do my roof..

Exactly. This is the Patriots MO. Save money, be cheap, hire some other team's castoffs so you can give them a different title so the former team foots most of the bill. It's already been done with Matt Patricia and Joe Judge. Why would we be surprised if the Patriots repeated that to bring back McDaniels on cheap money here?
I've been trying to express exactly what u stated,
Primary reasons judge/Patricia are here is they are BB yes men, team doesn't have to pay thier respective salaries, and they were once with the organization.

I'm sure this isn't working put how BB foresaw it however as intelligent as BB is he will have to make changes at some point.

The explanation is that last season Jones was in a Game Manager dink and dunk offense designed to protect him. Safe passing plays, an emphasis on the run and playing stout defense. When the 2021 NE run game and defense started to show cracks, the Alabama QB behind the curtain was exposed. If the opponent jumps out to a substantial lead, the Pats are screwed. We saw a glimpse of what the future held for the Pats when Jones tried to draw TD first blood when he aired it out to Agahlor vs the Bills.

Forward to 2022 where the Pats have been allowing Jones to throw like the big kids. It has been a freaking disaster. We are lucky that Jones only has 7 INTs to date. Do not blame the person throwing the ball though because its Patricia's fault and the OL fault. At times Jones looks exactly like Drew Bledsoe and when you think about it, the past has repeated itself. A whole list of people were blamed because Bledsoe played like axx too.

You will all see next season that Cam Jones is not a franchise QB.

Valid points, but with our current Jeff Fisher level of highschool offense, the defense knows what’s coming.

Maybe Patricia us dropping the sheet covering his mouth when he is wiping away the crumbs from his beard. Either way… our 2022 passing game sucks

Not sure why so many want McDaniels back as the offense was pedestrian last year.

And please spare yourself the effort in saying they were "6th in points scored". They were a limited offense who inflated most of their stats against really bad teams.

I agree with the 6th in points scored comment... But right now, I'll settle for pedestrian over sh!tshow...

Valid points, but with our current Jeff Fisher level of highschool offense, the defense knows what’s coming.

Maybe Patricia us dropping the sheet covering his mouth when he is wiping away the crumbs from his beard. Either way… our 2022 passing game sucks
The plays are open.

Parker had his man beat in Miami but the throw was too weak just like the 2021 deep ball to Agahlor vs the Bills. Last week it was the Pick 6 vs the Jets where Henry was open for the 1st down, but the ball was thrown too late like always. Luckily the Jets roughed the passer otherwise that is a turning point in that game.

Blame Patricia all you want. He isnt the one causing the INTs and the problem is not magically going away either.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back