PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh is not walking thru that door.

Nobody see the irony or hypocrisy in wishing McDaniels comes back after falling flat on his face twice as a head coach, but railing over Patricia and Judge?

In the two weeks Zappe started, Patricia looked like a genius and the offensive line blocked fine… but there’s no correlation to QB play… sure.
Why are people still saying this stuff. Do the words Lions and Browns mean anything to you? Do you honestly not think Mac could manage to throw for as many yards/TD's against those bottom ranked Defenses? Does that mean Mac is a top 10 QB, NO! But, competition affects how one appears. When the competition rises, and your guys aren't the more talented, you have to be more creative and innovative. That's what MP is NOT - because he's learning on the job. It's all right in front of us, it's as clear as the day is short (in the winter).

Did they club Macs shoulder and degrade his vision to not see the field?
No just installed a new offensive system not even really used these days, confused the heck out a bright intelligent foot ball player who thrived as a rookie. Brung in 2 guys with no offensive philosophy or creativity. The results show up each game on offense.

Mac was first on the depth chart, they have a year of development and a first round pick invested in Mac. They want to see if he can improve before they move on.

Either Mac stops throwing picks and starts playing better, or eventually Zappe will get another chance. Both are within the realm of possibility.
Agreed ! I believe the organization knows what Mac is. He's shown that as a rookie. If the same system was kept in place I feel you'd see mac thrive, just like what Mc Dermot did with Allen in Buffalo QB whisperer dabol left however he kept the same offense. I honestly feel like the offense was dumbed down to aid the the play caller not the QB. If no one took heed. Back in March at the owners meeting Kraft said some interesting things. " bill doesn't always do what we or the fans expect, however It works most of the time. We haven't won a playoff game in 2 years , I'm results driven "

Mac proved he was an NFL player under Josh
So did Mark Sanchez with the Jets
Mac has regressed under Patricia
Patricia has allowed Cam to air it out and have more control over the offense. Its been a failure because Cam is slow and his arm is weak.
The same Patricia who has no history as an offensive coach & his head coach experiment was a complete disaster
Patricias playcalling isnt the issue. Lack of execution from Cam is.
If Mac & Patricia were both let go tomorrow, who do you think would find a new NFL job first?
Cam Jones.

Like when the Eagles thought Sanchez was a winner. The Bills had a parade for Drew Bledsoe. The Steelers wanted Tribisky.The Panters wanted Mayfield. Tebow to the Jets. Plenty of QB who stink find new teams to scam.
Patricia may need to use his rocket science degree to get his next job, because without
Belichick, his options in the NFL would probably be minimal
Cam Jones with Belichick is looking like crap.

Kraft may fire the pair.

To continue on this look at the last 6 games of 2021
Buffalo: Mac threw 3 passes
Colts: down 20-0 in the 4th Q
Buffalo2: Mac 14-32 145 yards 0tds, 2 ints
Jacksonville: Looked decent beating the 2-14 team
Miami: Down 17-0 2Q, and 27-10 4Q
Buffalo3: 33-3 in the 3Q, to be fair the defense was worse than the offense :eek:

Is there anything there that inspires confidence in Mac, even though McD was the OC?
I am concerned about the Jets game.

Its not a gimme. I expect 1 INT and a fumble via QB.

So did Mark Sanchez with the Jets

Patricia has allowed Cam to air it out and have more control over the offense. Its been a failure because Cam is slow and his arm is weak.

Patricias playcalling isnt the issue. Lack of execution from Cam is.

Cam Jones.

Like when the Eagles thought Sanchez was a winner. The Bills had a parade for Drew Bledsoe. The Steelers wanted Tribisky.The Panters wanted Mayfield. Tebow to the Jets. Plenty of QB who stink find new teams to scam.

Cam Jones with Belichick is looking like crap.

Kraft may fire the pair.
Hall of fame coach Patricia would go before any of them

That's something to think about, only if we can include McDaniels in the trade to come back as offensive consultant like he did a few seasons ago.. dabol and Flores the most successful coaches to ever leave the BB tree..
O'Brien had a better career than Flores, and we don't know enough about Daboll. He's been a coach for half a season.

Remember, Eric Mangini got the Jets to the playoffs in his first year as HC with a 10-6 record.

Romeo Crennel got the Cleveland Browns to the playoffs in his 3rd year.

Then there are the college coaches like Nick Saban and Bill O'Brien who had great success.

O'Brien actually started his career at Houston with 3 straight winning seasons, then 2 losing seasons, then he went 11-5 and 10-6, before he was fired after a 0-4 start in his 8th season.

Crowning Daboll the best is way, way, way premature given all the guys who went ahead of him and had some success.

O'Brien had a better career than Flores, and we don't know enough about Daboll. He's been a coach for half a season.

Remember, Eric Mangini got the Jets to the playoffs in his first year as HC with a 10-6 record.

Romeo Crennel got the Cleveland Browns to the playoffs in his 3rd year.

Then there are the college coaches like Nick Saban and Bill O'Brien who had great success.

O'Brien actually started his career at Houston with 3 straight winning seasons, then 2 losing seasons, then he went 11-5 and 10-6, before he was fired after a 0-4 start in his 8th season.

Crowning Daboll the best is way, way, way premature given all the guys who went ahead of him and had some success.
That's right I totally forgot to mention Romeo and Billy 0, as far as crowning dabol not necessarily premature. What I look at is the pattern, when Flores was here Hightower flourished when he was the LB coach, once promoted to DC those guys all went to another level. What dabol has done to fix Allen and Jones and create a winning environment is that pattern.

That's right I totally forgot to mention Romeo and Billy 0, as far as crowning dabol not necessarily premature. What I look at is the pattern, when Flores was here Hightower flourished when he was the LB coach, once promoted to DC those guys all went to another level. What dabol has done to fix Allen and Jones and create a winning environment is that pattern.
Then you have to hand it to Patricia too. It's always surprising to me that Patriot fans don't remember some of his defenses.

The 2016 defense was #1 in the NFL, for instance.

As we see, being a good coordinator does not necessarily translate as a head coach.

Its a damn shame because this team is pretty good.
Either way it goes the Krafts will certainly be making changes in the off season.. we all know alot easier to cover up deficiency when # 12 was here.. my hope is judge and Patricia can do something else in the organization and stay far away from any QB..

Then you have to hand it to Patricia too. It's always surprising to me that Patriot fans don't remember some of his defenses.

As we see, being a good coordinator does not necessarily translate as a head coach.
Yes DEFENSIVE coordinator, that 2016 D was great and if I remember correctly Flores had a lot to do with that as well. I am putting my opinion aside and focus on what the game shows us.. offense is a totally different thing to coach

Yes DEFENSIVE coordinator, that 2016 D was great and if I remember correctly Flores had a lot to do with that as well. I am putting my opinion aside and focus on what the game shows us.. offense is a totally different thing to coach

Also McDermott did the smart thing in keeping the offense in tact that Dabol ran with Allen. People tend to forget BB is the coach and GM.

Hall of fame coach Patricia would go before any of them
Yeah, K Harry stuck around for 4 training camps.

Bum Jones will be around for 3 easy.

Either way it goes the Krafts will certainly be making changes in the off season.. we all know alot easier to cover up deficiency when # 12 was here.. my hope is judge and Patricia can do something else in the organization and stay far away from any QB..
My hope is that the Pats draft a QB who has quick senses and a rocket arm.

My hope is that the Pats draft a QB who has quick senses and a rocket arm.
Sorry Allen plays in Buffalo, my hope is Kraft will have groh handle some of BB duties groh is the guy behind the recent draft success..

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back