PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh is not walking thru that door.

Why does Zappe excel with the same plays, players, OLine, coaches?

And it's for that very reason that Zappy should've been allowed to start vs da Bears... He seemed Much more capable of rising above the incompetence of the other two groups than Corky has Ever shown.

You keep bringing up this sh!t, but you NEVER look at who else was still available at #32... And that makes ALL THE ****ING DIFFERENCE,

Stop being so obtuse on this issue. You (& others who believe this way) insult our intelligence when you do.
I honestly don't think that point is lost on anyone. Everyone understands better prospects were available.

Not speaking for @upstater1 but i believe he was pointing out that not only did our scouts or Bill like Harry but so did everyone else. 49ers are on record basically saying it was him or Deebo with that pick.

Sucks we took the L but it happens.
Harry didn't come out of nowhere though. Production right on par with AJ Brown. Good combine with plenty of size. Big miss but Harry had a vg resume.

interesting take on McDaniels and his tenure in Las Vegas...

not enough money to fire him... makes sense, considering... there was some scuttlebutt floating around earlier in the year that and offer was made / Davis might sell a minority interest in the team... they have about 1.3 billion in debt, and based on what i read, they have paid the 325m relocation fee already, so the debt has to be tied up in the new stadium... which ain't so bad considering it probably doubled the value of the franchise...

I honestly don't think that point is lost on anyone. Everyone understands better prospects were available.

Not speaking for @upstater1 but i believe he was pointing out that not only did our scouts or Bill like Harry but so did everyone else. 49ers are on record basically saying it was him or Deebo with that pick.

Harry didn't come out of nowhere though. Production right on par with AJ Brown. Good combine with plenty of size. Big miss but Harry had a vg resume.
Yes, I would also point out that there were a bunch of WR misses that went before Metcalf who has outproduced them all.

So it's not like all you had to do was pass on Harry and you'd end up with Deebo or Metcalf. 4 players had middling numbers or worse like/than Harry's: Artega-Whiteside, Campbell, Isabella, Hardman. These 4 went ahead of Metcalf. Only 2 of the 8 WRs picked in the first 2 rounds that year are even producing for the teams that picked them. Hardman is the next closest but he's not even having as good a year as he did last year. He averages about 40 catches a year. Hs started in half of KCs games. I imagine that's not what KC was looking for even if he is an OK player.

Harry was a complete bust !

Plenty of higher rated receivers were available & Bill picked a guy who couldn’t get open.

Belichick loves receivers that can block
I believe Harry’s blocking won Bill over

Belichick should get nothing but criticism for drafting a guy who has been a complete bust.

It doesn’t matter who else was looking at him, because they didn’t draft him.

They could have moved up & drafted him, but they didn’t.

Bill own this pick !
Possibly it was worse than the Ron Brace pick if that is possible

Pedestrian? Last season Mac was able to have the success from McDaniels offense. We looked like an actual offense last season. The issues being reported from the raiders organization is the players don't want the patriots culture there they claim McDaniels is trying to be like BB. Lot's of in fighting in the raiders locker room.
What has McDaniels done to try to be like BB? I haven’t seen that yet. That’s the nail in the coffin for all of these guys. They try to be Belichick when they’re not. When are these guys gonna learn to just be themselves?

I think his arm is fine, his mechanics are just fine.. his coaching not BB of course, but his offensive coaching is the issue. These next few games are going to be telling. Anyway it ends I see the krafts interjection this off season big time!
Nah. Mac is definitely part of the problem. Then again, so is the offensive line, the receivers still failing to get separation on a consistent basis, and the coaching/play calling on the offensive side of the ball. They ALL need to be held accountable.

Plenty of higher rated receivers were available & Bill picked a guy who couldn’t get open.
I understand the pick though. Like Michel projected to be a dual back, Harry was picked because of his potential to be a boundary WR getting those 50/50 balls. I believe the Pats were trying to get away from the smurfs and get more physical on the outside. The irony is that he was probably the least physical WR they've ever had.
I'm not going to find the article again, but the media has said that there was a private workout with McDaniel's that sealed the deal. I also remember Daniel Jeremiah say at the combine that if Harry ran a 4.5 40 time, his stock would rise. He did and his stock obviously went up.
Belichick should get nothing but criticism for drafting a guy who has been a complete bust.
The blame should be 100% on the person that took the risk on him and that's Bill.
Brace was pretty idiotic. Not because he didn't play well, but because Bill took a player that high, but didn't know what to do with him. Ditto with Cunningham. But taking a guy with major injuries since High School (Ras IR Dowling) is something Mel Kiper would say "they clearly don't know what the draft is all about".

Belichick loves receivers that can block

It doesn’t matter who else was looking at him, because they didn’t draft him.

They could have moved up & drafted him, but they didn’t.

Bill own this pick !
What higher rated receivers were available?

The consensus is that Harry was picked after he was predicted to go. The WRs picked after were no slated to go higher.

AJ Brown, for instance, was a consensus 2nd rounder.

Metcalf was thought of as a 1st rounder for his outstanding combine performance. But then he had a bad lead up to the draft as many scouting reports said he was stiff, had bad hands, couldn't run routes. Those scouting reports from NFL scouts are still out there. There a reason he was the #64 pick. Very few teams in the NFL believe in him. If teams really thought he'd be this good they would've taken him earlier.

Deebo too was thought of as a 2nd rounder.

Check out these mocks: Daniel Jeremiah 2019 NFL mock draft 4.0: Redskins land Haskins

Not only was Harry slated to go to Seattle at 29, but lots of people had JoeJuan Williams as a 1st rounder.

So, they just tossed out the playbook they've been using, adding to, and refining for 22 years on a whim? Or did they add a few new wrinkles and some media clowns ran with it?

I understand the pick though. Like Michel projected to be a dual back, Harry was picked because of his potential to be a boundary WR getting those 50/50 balls. I believe the Pats were trying to get away from the smurfs and get more physical on the outside. The irony is that he was probably the least physical WR they've ever had.

I can understand the reasoning also... Too bad that Bill didn't take a longer look at AJ Brown if that was the type of WR he was looking to add...

So, they just tossed out the playbook they've been using, adding to, and refining for 22 years on a whim? Or did they add a few new wrinkles and some media clowns ran with it?

They are allowing Macintosh to throw for big plays and its been a failure. Tom House and the weightlifting didn't work out so well.

The MC10 plan is a fraud.

Not with this o-line and unimaginative game-planning.

Assume it would be different with him under center but who knows.
Brady made a lot of NE OL millionaires. Like Solder who never was worth what the Giants paid him.

To win, the ball has to leave fast. The QB must identify the defense and call the blocking scheme. Check out of runs if the defense shifts. The good QBs make those that surround him better and the Frauds need to be surrounded by pro bowlers and 1st round picks.

The pass plays are there when Parker and Agahlor have their DBs beat but the lame duck pass lands short. Blame Patricia for calling that INT play again. Henery and Johnnu vanish in games when they are open, but dont see the ball.

Mac can win when he has a better........................................................................and the ...........................................................is fixed.
.....................................................................(Choose 2 - OL, OC, WR, TE, RB, HC).............(Choose 1 - Defense, Draft, GM)

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back