PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh is not walking thru that door.

Looks like the old news cycle ran its course, time for some new :poop: stirring!

O'BRIEN is a fiery guy, love his grit his coaching style, that's the type of guyac needs. He's a great offensive mind. People forget under him gronk became gronk! I'd love it if Obrien was back here!

O'BRIEN is a fiery guy, love his grit his coaching style, that's the type of guyac needs. He's a great offensive mind. People forget under him gronk became gronk! I'd love it if Obrien was back here!
O'Brien lost us the '11 Super Bowl. He tried to get too cute when the team was rolling. It was the sort of thing Pete Carroll used to do with the Patriots all the time. The guy was the master at outsmarting himself. What, Brady has completed 7 passes in a row and the Giants are completely spent and toasted, muttering to themselves on the field how they're dead tired and have no answers, OK, here's what I'll do, why don't I run my jumbo package from the 35 so the Giants can bring in some big guys and give the rest of their D a rest! Brilliant! That B'O'B

It's been beaten to death, but the Pats could've rebuilt their top WR's in one single draft taking multiple WR's within the 1st 2 rounds or 1st and 3rd rounds like they should've. At worst they would've come away with one legit go to WR had they double dipped. And this was not hindsight, they had an atrocious group of WR's going into the draft and this was rated as one of the best WR groups in a long time.

JoeJuan WIlliams was another idiotic selection. Again, not because I didn't think he was any good or not, but because they were already 4 CB's deep when he was selected. It was another example of horrible use of assets by Bill.
I feel like it alls goes back to the draft, it's just funny once ownership steps in to have more of collabative effort, we start to draft better.. I believe groh is more Involved than people realize. Missing on those top tier receivers hurts, however we'll see what Thornton turns out to be.. I can't judge him yet because the offense has been so dysfunctional. It just feels like this season is just an experience gainer for all the rookies and second year players.
O'Brien lost us the '11 Super Bowl. He tried to get too cute when the team was rolling. It was the sort of thing Pete Carroll used to do with the Patriots all the time. The guy was the master at outsmarting himself. What, Brady has completed 7 passes in a row and the Giants are completely spent and toasted, muttering to themselves on the field how they're dead tired and have no answers, OK, here's what I'll do, why don't I run my jumbo package from the 35 so the Giants can bring in some big guys and give the rest of their D a rest! Brilliant! That B'O'B
I think the defense lost us that one, remember the Manningham catch on the left side line? The game was over at that point. We were historically good on offense that season! What a far cry from what we witness today! Then Wes didn't make the crucial catch.. kind of hard for me to get down on Billy O offense was dam good that season.. seem like we scored every time we touched the ball.. Hernandez, gronk, branch, Wes, Edelman. Wow! The defense mainly the secondary was pitiful that season..

I think the defense lost us that one, remember the Manningham catch on the left side line? The game was over at that point. We were historically good on offense that season! What a far cry from what we witness today! Then Wes didn't make the crucial catch.. kind of hard for me to get down on Billy O offense was dam good that season.. seem like we scored every time we touched the ball.. Hernandez, gronk, branch, Wes, Edelman. Wow! The defense mainly the secondary was pitiful that season..
Perfect coverage on the Manningham catch.

The whole Welker thing happened during the sequence I was referring to. That was the 3rd down play. We were 3rd and 14. Because Billy boy decided to outsmart himself, so we lost 4 yards on a 1st down run when the Giants were allowed to send reinforcements. Mic'd Up showed that the Giants were talking about how they lost the Super Bowl. They didn't thin they could stop Brady. Little did they know, there was a mastermind on the opposing sidelines about to send his jumbo package in so that the Giants could rest up their D and send fresh reinforcements.

The Giants just run-blitzed us on that play because they had absolutely nothing to lose. It was the height of stupidity.

Perfect coverage on the Manningham catch.

The whole Welker thing happened during the sequence I was referring to. That was the 3rd down play. We were 3rd and 14. Because Billy boy decided to outsmart himself, so we lost 4 yards on a 1st down run when the Giants were allowed to send reinforcements. Mic'd Up showed that the Giants were talking about how they lost the Super Bowl. They didn't thin they could stop Brady. Little did they know, there was a mastermind on the opposing sidelines about to send his jumbo package in so that the Giants could rest up their D and send fresh reinforcements.

The Giants just run-blitzed us on that play because they had absolutely nothing to lose. It was the height of stupidity.
I remember, yes! Correct giants caught a break gronk or was it hernandez?had a sprained ankle he suffered from the ravens game afc I remember.

Well I just remember we had the giants backed deep in thier own territory, next thing Eli makes a 45 years throw. I think sterling Moore and Chung were in coverage. We were just so dominant on offense that season.. looking back on it makes me appreciate brady even more he was the OC, play caller, and qb all in one.. I hope Mac can be fixed.. it's really disappointing what the coaching staff have done to him.. there are NFL teams executives that all said they have never questioned BBs decisions until this season..

So does Mac 10 get the blame when we don't make the playoffs? I'm telling you Kraft is watching, we don't make the playoffs that will tick Kraft off enough to interject into the coaching decisions.. we've had some good OC in New England, Weiss, o'Brien I think dabol was one too if not mistaken.. tough stretch coming up.
Soon there will be nobody else to blame. It happened to Drew Bledsoe too.

It's coming.

The Pats need to draft another QB. Zappe might not be the answer but neither is Jones.

Next season is sink or swim for Mac boy.

I hope Mac can be fixed.. it's really disappointing what the coaching staff have done to him.. there are NFL teams executives that all said they have never questioned BBs decisions until this season..

That’s funny. The NFL in general can sometimes be stubborn and self-righteous, attitudes that often come with being very successful.

My man triumph, go back and look at that 2011 season gronk was a beast! Furthermore on the jets I look at the fact that 2 starters are out on thier defense they must be thinking we don't need to be full strength to handle this pop Warner offense, you know that's what saleh is telling his guys.. the jig is up on your man Patricia

The Pats need to draft another QB. Zappe might not be the answer but neither is Jones.

I believe the great ingenious of Patricia and judge future hall of fame coaches have already sunk Mac.. Need o'Brien back here!

Soon there will be nobody else to blame. It happened to Drew Bledsoe too.

It's coming.
I believe the difference was drew Bledsoe was like an 9 year accomplished vet at that time.. drew was a hell of a QB with a rocket arm.. Mac is a patriots QB , he just needs an offensive minded coach, not a hear it , and repeat it yes man.. honestly

That’s funny. The NFL in general can sometimes be stubborn and self-righteous, attitudes that often come with being very successful.
That was being reported From NFL executives on other teams, being that we've been successful for so long. I'll never ever discredit BB, however not every decision works out. It's fine, you have trial and error. We just now know that we need a bona-fide offense mind, to allow Mac to ascend it very difficult to gage the offense this season. Coaching, injuries, scheme change.. I'm not ready to bail on Mac..

The Patriots are losing because of turnovers. Just imagine how good this defense could be if they were not constantly back out on the field because of QB mistakes?

Its totally ridiculous to blame anyone but the player committing the turnover. That applies to every offensive skill position and especially QBs. Nobody calling plays is deliberately placing the QB in a position to throw INTs and fumble. The other defense is.

Just SUPPOSE what you opine is the absolute truth (and ignore the OTHER 2 dozen things that cost us the game) OR the fact that the OTHER team has something to do with the outcome of a game). Don't you think O'Brian MIGHT have learned a thing or two in the ELEVEN years following that game? Or does any mistake a coach makes in the course of his career is what he's gong to be perceived as. If that were the case EVERYONE who coaches in the NFL is a blithering idiot.

And so the blame game goes on.

The Patriots are losing because of turnovers. Just imagine how good this defense could be if they were not constantly back out on the field because of QB mistakes?

Its totally ridiculous to blame anyone but the player committing the turnover. That applies to every offensive skill position and especially QBs. Nobody calling plays is deliberately placing the QB in a position to throw INTs and fumble. The other defense is.

So tip balls that turn into picks is the QB's fault? So balls that bounce off a receiver's hands and turn into pick the QB's fault? So a strip sack caused by a missed block is the QB's fault? So a pick that resulted because a receiver ran a bad route or didn't make the right choice on an option route is the QB's fault?

The Pats have had SEVENTEEN Take aways so far this season. Are you saying Mac was responsible for ALL of them? Mac has had 7 picks. At least 3 of them were caused by the above mentioned situations. Has he thrown some very bad balls this season, of COURSE he has. Every QB does. Its often a matter of just which QB's limit the damage. BTW- the QB who LEADS the league in TO's (11) is none other than the guy who led his team to the Superbowl title last season.

And the blame game CONTINUES

The good news is (as we all can see) in the last 5 games the key to victory has been the plethora of take aways we have gotten. I have preached FOREVER that the team who wins the TO battle on a given sunday is likely going to win. The BAD news is that TO's are often a matter of luck. A fumble bounces left into our guy's hands and not right into their hands. A tipped ball floats to our guy and doesn't hit the ground. So quite often is just a matter of luck, and because of that, you can NEVER count on getting a TO to help you win a game. And remember over the course of a season, the bad bounces you get, will be matched by the good ones. Just like penalties. Most of the time the bad calls will be matched by good ones. The problem is we only seem to remember the bad ones. ;)

Contrary to popular belief, O'Brien had nothing to do with Gronk becoming Gronk. He and Hernandez were the rare BB draft pick standouts from the first day they took the practice field. Gronk/Hernandez just made his job easier.

Just SUPPOSE what you opine is the absolute truth (and ignore the OTHER 2 dozen things that cost us the game) OR the fact that the OTHER team has something to do with the outcome of a game). Don't you think O'Brian MIGHT have learned a thing or two in the ELEVEN years following that game? Or does any mistake a coach makes in the course of his career is what he's gong to be perceived as. If that were the case EVERYONE who coaches in the NFL is a blithering idiot.

And so the blame game goes on.
He lost the Super Bowl!!! LOL.

I remember back in 98 a game where Bledsoe had the offense rolling with a huge comeback. The opposing defense was spent, and we were going in for the kill. Petey Carroll is screaming timeout, timeout, timeout, and the players are ignoring him, Terry Glenn was standing right by him, shaking his head. Pete call the timeout and kills all momentum. Patriots lose. Sometimes all it takes it the coach having a brainfart. Pete went on to become a bigtime coach at USC and he won a SB at Seattle, but I'm sure the '98 Patriots weren't surprised at all by the debacle at the end of the '14 Super Bowl.

He's in his rookie deal, he's very beneficial to the team salary wise. We have to stop and think what QB out there can come in and run this system? A proven vet? He will come in and crash with
Contrary to popular belief, O'Brien had nothing to do with Gronk becoming Gronk. He and Hernandez were the rare BB draft pick standouts from the first day they took the practice field. Gronk/Hernandez just made his job easier.
What I'm trying to say is the COACHING of o'Brien allowed gronk to play to his abilities, gronk himself alluded to o'Brien that season putting him In positions to allow his natural abilities to thrive, who else is going to get in brady's face when he messes up.. you NEED a combination of what a guy like o'Brien is.. contrary to what some say Arians was like that as well. He'd be perfect back here!

So in theory he had a lot to do with gronk, remember gronks numbers got o'Brien that head coaching job! just saying... ' 11 was the season gronk played to his full potential, of course he still was great,but we all know injuries kept the gronk from really being on the field

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back