PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh is not walking thru that door.

Brady made a lot of NE OL millionaires. Like Solder who never was worth what the Giants paid him.
That's for sure. He whiffed a ton of blocks and chased after many pass rushers to get back in the play, but was bailed out constantly Brady's quick decisions. Something that many fans didn't care to see because there wasn't a negative play.
I can understand the reasoning also... Too bad that Bill didn't take a longer look at AJ Brown if that was the type of WR he was looking to add...
I thought Debo was going to be the pick at #32, but was hoping they'd roll the dice on DK even though I was paranoid he was just the next workout warrior. I remember hearing many posters wanting AJ Brown.

That's for sure. He whiffed a ton of blocks and chased after many pass rushers to get back in the play, but was bailed out constantly Brady's quick decisions. Something that many fans didn't care to see because there wasn't a negative play.
Mac is too slow and struggles.

Not the same plays.

Evan Lazar did a good job of explaining that. A few others did too.

Got a feeling that Zappy could run Corky's plays better than Corky could run Zappy's... or his own.

What higher rated receivers were available?

The consensus is that Harry was picked after he was predicted to go. The WRs picked after were no slated to go higher.

AJ Brown, for instance, was a consensus 2nd rounder.

Metcalf was thought of as a 1st rounder for his outstanding combine performance. But then he had a bad lead up to the draft as many scouting reports said he was stiff, had bad hands, couldn't run routes. Those scouting reports from NFL scouts are still out there. There a reason he was the #64 pick. Very few teams in the NFL believe in him. If teams really thought he'd be this good they would've taken him earlier.

Deebo too was thought of as a 2nd rounder.

Check out these mocks: Daniel Jeremiah 2019 NFL mock draft 4.0: Redskins land Haskins

Not only was Harry slated to go to Seattle at 29, but lots of people had JoeJuan Williams as a 1st rounder.

So if the Detroit Lions have Harry rated as a 1st round pick, it sounds like you think that justifies a horrible pick.

Shouldn’t we be rating players based on talent, instead of where the lions might select them?

If the lions have JoeJuan Williams as a first round pick, it sounds like you think that justifies picking him in the 2nd round.

Harry was a bust in the first round & JoeJuan Williams was a bust in round two.

Where the Lions had them rated is irrelevant and does not justify a terrible pick.

Let’s be honest…..Metcalf & Samuels we’re both far better picks than Harry.

So if the Detroit Lions have Harry rated as a 1st round pick, it sounds like you think that justifies a horrible pick.

Shouldn’t we be rating players based on talent, instead of where the lions might select them?

If the lions have JoeJuan Williams as a first round pick, it sounds like you think that justifies picking him in the 2nd round.

Where the Lions had them rated is irrelevant and does not justify a terrible pick.

It's been beaten to death, but the Pats could've rebuilt their top WR's in one single draft taking multiple WR's within the 1st 2 rounds or 1st and 3rd rounds like they should've. At worst they would've come away with one legit go to WR had they double dipped. And this was not hindsight, they had an atrocious group of WR's going into the draft and this was rated as one of the best WR groups in a long time.

JoeJuan WIlliams was another idiotic selection. Again, not because I didn't think he was any good or not, but because they were already 4 CB's deep when he was selected. It was another example of horrible use of assets by Bill.

It's been beaten to death, but the Pats could've rebuilt their top WR's in one single draft taking multiple WR's within the 1st 2 rounds or 1st and 3rd rounds like they should've. At worst they would've come away with one legit go to WR had they double dipped. And this was not hindsight, they had an atrocious group of WR's going into the draft and this was rated as one of the best WR groups in a long time.
Yep... Heck he could've waited until #s 101, 118 or 133 - or 97, which he foolishly threw-away for SloJuan - and still drafted Hunter Renfroe... And then there was Darius Slayton, who made Stiddy look like a prospect at Auburn, still available at both 159 & 167...

JoeJuan WIlliams was another idiotic selection. Again, not because I didn't think he was any good or not, but because they were already 4 CB's deep when he was selected. It was another example of horrible use of assets by Bill.
Double-horrible, because he threw away #97 for the "privilege" of moving-up for SloJuan...:confused:
Same way he & Little Nicky COMPLETELY ****ED-UP the ENTIRE ****ING 3rd round of the following year's draft.

Wouldn't be shocked to eventually discover that Bob was being asked questions from his fellow owners & other league people such as: What the **** are those two doing the past few drafts?!?

They are allowing Macintosh to throw for big plays and its been a failure. Tom House and the weightlifting didn't work out so well.

The MC10 plan is a fraud.
At what point does the head coach/GM get any criticism? He put together the staff he hires the coaches well if you want to call them that..
Mac is a young player, showed what he can do under a structured offense. Anyone with 20/20 vision can see its solely on the coaching or lack there of..

Not with this o-line and unimaginative game-planning.

Assume it would be different with him under center but who knows.
Patricia and judge would not be in thier respective positions with Brady here, I have no issue with judge being involved with special teams or even on the defense same for Patricia, offense in the NFL is like painting a picture they need not to have anything to do with QBs.

I haven't watched a single Raiders game tonight but has anyone noticed if McDaniels is trying to implement the EP system or still going with the WC system that Gruden installed, or a hybrid of both systems?

At what point does the head coach/GM get any criticism? He put together the staff he hires the coaches well if you want to call them that..
Mac is a young player, showed what he can do under a structured offense. Anyone with 20/20 vision can see its solely on the coaching or lack there of..
Cam is a Game Manager who thrives in a Dink and Dunk offense.

That is why you see all the complaining and excuse making about Cam in a more difficult offense than Zappe as if the Patriots are intentionally forcing Cam to fail. Allowing Cam to take the next step and run a big boy offense is Patricias fault. All you people claimed that Cam is the guy.

No NFL offense can succeed if they do not and can not take shots downfield. That is never more blatantly true than in todays passing NFL. So, defenses load the box vs Cam because they know that he is absolutely no threat to throw deep. NFL DBs are salivating when he does because an INT will float down into their arms.

How many INTs and Fumbles before its the QBs fault?

This has nothing to do with the Lions or anyone else.

It has everything to do with the consensus of scouts.

That's why I posted a link to the consensus.

The NFL guys are getting their info from scouts.

NEWSFLASH: there are tons better players picked behind 1st rounders each and every year.

AND, I'll say it again, everyone mentions Metcalf, but no one seems to mention the 5 guys picked before Metcalf in the 2nd round who are either busts or not even half the player Metcalf is.

Cam is a Game Manager who thrives in a Dink and Dunk offense.

That is why you see all the complaining and excuse making about Cam in a more difficult offense than Zappe as if the Patriots are intentionally forcing Cam to fail. Allowing Cam to take the next step and run a big boy offense is Patricias fault. All you people claimed that Cam is the guy.

No NFL offense can succeed if they do not and can not take shots downfield. That is never more blatantly true than in todays passing NFL. So, defenses load the box vs Cam because they know that he is absolutely no threat to throw deep. NFL DBs are salivating when he does because an INT will float down into their arms.
Actually, I think even nationally people have begun to see what the issues are. It's coaching. Actually the patriots saw that mac was worth taking at # 15. Kid Thrived under a real offense, everyone saw that. He surpassed expectations, as a rookie! This season we see what happened. A defensive coordinator and special teams coach was hired to supposedly accend a young qb.. they've ruined this kid, Mac is a much better qb than what he had to show running this BS offense.. I'll take Mac and Billy o'Brien any day!

How many INTs and Fumbles before its the QBs fault?
How many times to run for a loss or another poor play design before it's on the play caller?

Mac is too slow and struggles.
So does Mac 10 get the blame when we don't make the playoffs? I'm telling you Kraft is watching, we don't make the playoffs that will tick Kraft off enough to interject into the coaching decisions.. we've had some good OC in New England, Weiss, o'Brien I think dabol was one too if not mistaken.. tough stretch coming up.

So does Mac 10 get the blame when we don't make the playoffs?
For me, no. But I expected Mac to play better rather than falling off a cliff. I didn't like this roster going into the season and I still don't. As Ted Johnson has said before, Bill will scheme ways to protect when the roster (D in particular) isn't very talented. This D isn't very talented as a whole and are looking respectable because of scheme and bad teams they've faced. Offense still doesn't have any threats anywhere in the passing game to scare defenses. They will welcome Mac dropping back and throwing 30 times a game as it will take them forever to score (if they score).

Coaching staff is by far Bill's worst. Patricia and Judge have had no success or experience on offense, yet you expect any QB and rest of the offense to take them seriously? I miss the early year's coaching staff which was by far Bill's best staff.

Mac and the Pats don't like facing teams above .500 as they have lost most of those matchups. Next 3 weeks will be a good indication on whether they make the playoffs or not. I see them going 1-2 with a win vs the Jets. If they go 2-1, that will be a good sign they could make it.
I'm telling you Kraft is watching, we don't make the playoffs that will tick Kraft off enough to interject into the coaching decisions..
I won't hold my breath. It would be a bad look on Bob and Bill if anyone not named Steven or Brian get fired. At best, Matt and Joe get moved around and they find someone else with experience running/designing an offense.
we've had some good OC in New England, Weiss, o'Brien I think dabol was one too if not mistaken.. tough stretch coming up.
Weiss yes. O'Brien and McDaniels were a product of prime Brady. Dabol was not an OC in NE.

Last edited:
Todd Downing should be available shortly. :D

The holy trinity of regret!

For me, no. But I expected Mac to play better rather than falling off a cliff. I didn't like this roster going into the season and I still don't. As Ted Johnson has said before, Bill will scheme ways to protect when the roster (D in particular) isn't very talented. This D isn't very talented as a whole and are looking respectable because of scheme and bad teams they've faced. Offense still doesn't have any threats anywhere in the passing game to scare defenses. They will welcome Mac dropping back and throwing 30 times a game as it will take them forever to score (if they score).

Coaching staff is by far Bill's worst. Patricia and Judge have had no success or experience on offense, yet you expect any QB and rest of the offense to take them seriously? I miss the early year's coaching staff which was by far Bill's best staff.

Mac and the Pats don't like facing teams above .500 as they have lost most of those matchups. Next 3 weeks will be a good indication on whether they make the playoffs or not. I see them going 1-2 with a win vs the Jets. If they go 2-1, that will be a good sign they could make it.

I won't hold my breath. It would be a bad look on Bob and Bill if anyone not named Steven or Brian get fired. At best, Matt and Joe get moved around and they find someone else with experience running/designing an offense.

Weiss yes. O'Brien and McDaniels were a product of prime Brady. Dabol was not an OC in NE.
Don't think Patricia or job will fired but thier roles I can see becoming redefined as Patricia they say has something to do with the contracts and player personnel. As far as dabol I don't believe he was O coordinator but I know he had something to do with offense. Weiss was a BB guy and had a creative footbal mind.. as was the same with o'Brien.. if BB had Done this coaching move in early 2ks NFL he would be able to get away with it. As teams were run heavy back then. With rule changes, mega TV deals owners and the NFL want to see scoring. I try to be an optimistic fan.. however not knowing wich way we are going is a bit confusing..

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back