PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon To Receive Super Bowl LIII Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Berrios is gonna have a breakout season with us, looks like our next Welker/Edelman/Amendola.

He has a bigger chance of getting cut at some point in the preseason than being on the roster.

If it saves that one guy's life, yes.

I'm pretty sure that while Gordon is under suspension, he can not participate in any team functions, which I'm guessing would include the ring ceremony. Although ex-Pats have attended in the past, but non of them were suspended at the time.

Braxton Berrios is hosting football camps and posting all over social media about how he is a SB champ and he didn’t even take so much as a snap with the team. Gordon is more deserving of a ring than many who will receive one.

Berrios and Brendan Daly are actually the secret masterminds of this year's title run. Someday the truth will come out.

I've never understood why this is a story. He played in 11 games, so of course he gets a ring. If the team had signed a guy in week 16, that player would get a ring. If a player got hurt in week 3 and went on IR, that player would get a ring. People who were on the team get a ring. I suppose it might be possible to exclude somebody who quit or something, but that would be the rare exception and not the rule.

I'm pretty sure that while Gordon is under suspension, he can not participate in any team functions, which I'm guessing would include the ring ceremony. Although ex-Pats have attended in the past, but non of them were suspended at the time.

I don't think a private celebration organized by Kraft counts as an official team activity.

I don't think a private celebration organized by Kraft counts as an official team activity.

while under suspension, you can't have any contact with the team.

This can't be literally true, yes? Gordon can't be blocked from texting Edelman, for example.
IIRC Brady was prohibited from texting Edelman during his(*) suspension.

EDIT: his(*) = Brady's. Believe the same was probably also true during Edelman's but have not heard that anywhere, am just extrapolating.

Glad for Josh Gordon. He contributed and bought into 'Patriot Way', he deserved it. He had only good things to say about TB and team. Unfortunately he couldn't overcome his disease and hopefully he can turn his life around and be with us a full season.

If alcohol is a requirement for fun you have a problem. Maybe not a Josh Gordon problem, but a problem.
You don’t need to be 7 feet tall either to be an NBA center but it helps.

while under suspension, you can't have any contact with the team.

During official team thingies. But privately you obviously can have contact with anyone. And this would be a private Kraft event and not a Patriots event.

During official team thingies. But privately you obviously can have contact with anyone. And this would be a private Kraft event and not a Patriots event.
Until Goodell decides otherwise and suspends the entire organization.

Yea while I have my issues with him seeing to get a pass for his behavior he definitely should get a ring. He was a contributor for a good part of the season on a team that won the super bowl. This wasn’t a Terry Glenn situation where he wasn’t doing what was asked of him.

A pass for his behavior? I take it you don't know anyone with a serious substance addiction?

A pass for his behavior? I take it you don't know anyone with a serious substance addiction?
I’m not going down this road again. I think it starts as a choice and the whole board told me I don’t understand addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes