PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JOSH GORDON REINSTATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?
1000 yard WR is OK. Do you disagree with that? Ok give it another term. But it’s not excellent.
So when everyone here gushes about JE's 1000 yard seasons its not really excellent even though everyone here thought it was excellent/amazing/stupendous etc. And Brady and Edelman share a brain and JE had a full camp and had been here 5 years before he did it.

But when JG does it with no camp and no health in a new and extremely difficult system its meh...

ok. I get it. Message received - crystal clear.

Sure, and how many of those WR:
Were 100% healthy
Had a camp and Preseason
Took 5 years off
Have mental problems
Returned to a team and system and QB they knew well.
Were a feature, franchise player making a ton of dough
etc etc etc

We can play that game all day. I dont think we need to do that. Lets put up a poll HERE and see what the Brilliant minds HERE think. Isnt that how things work. What do the people think and agree upon?
Ok put up a poll. Was josh Gordon one of the 6 best WRs in the nfl in 2018.

One other point.
When you play a game do you get extra points for any of the excuses you listed?
He went out on the field with that baggage.
Evaluating his play should not be graded on a baggage curve.

Evaluating his future potential can be but that isnt what we as taking about.
So Tom Brady's 2008 season was poor. No excuses right?

I get it. No, I get it.

So when everyone here gushes about JE's 1000 yard seasons its not really excellent even though everyone here thought it was excellent/amazing/stupendous etc. And Brady and Edelman share a brain and JE had a full camp and had been here 5 years before he did it.

But when JG does it with no camp and no health in a new and extremely difficult system its meh...

ok. I get it. Message received - crystal clear.
First of all Gordon didn’t put up 1000
Secondly if you judge a 1000 yard season by a WR as the definition of excellent. We disagree. And that’s fine. Maybe we define excellent differently. As I said before our of 64 starting NFL WRs is estimate the line of excellent at about 6. Perhaps you think it’s 40.
That’s fine but there is no lint discussing a term we gave widely different definitions of.

So Tom Brady's 2008 season was poor. No excuses right?

I get it. No, I get it.
Tom Brady’s didn’t have a 2008 season.

First of all Gordon didn’t put up 1000
Secondly if you judge a 1000 yard season by a WR as the definition of excellent. We disagree. And that’s fine. Maybe we define excellent differently. As I said before our of 64 starting NFL WRs is estimate the line of excellent at about 6. Perhaps you think it’s 40.
That’s fine but there is no lint discussing a term we gave widely different definitions of.
I said on pace - many time

And how many of those 64 fit the criteria I mentioned. Dont ignore it. You brought up the other 64. Tell me which ones were healthy and coming back to a familiar system and had a camp. LEts start there.

Tom Brady’s didn’t have a 2008 season.
Sure he did. According to you it sucked. No excuses right. Considering his 2007 it was really bad

No excuses.

No that IS the discussion.
The discussion was were JG's contribution to the Pats in 2008 excellent or Meh

I dont recall a discussion called - How were JG's contributions to the Pats compared to all the other WRs in the league. Because last time I checked, nobody here cares what the other teams WR's do.

We won the SB and last time I looked JG had a big ring on his finger.

Josh Gordon ranked 43rd in the nfl in receiving yards.
28th in yards per game.
63rd in receiving TDs
92nd in receptions.

Excellent?

I said on pace - many time

And how many of those 64 fit the criteria I mentioned. Dont ignore it. You brought up the other 64. Tell me which ones were healthy and coming back to a familiar system and had a camp. LEts start there.
I don’t care. You don’t get extra points because you don’t know the system. You play football. You succeed or fail.

The discussion was were JG's contribution to the Pats in 2008 excellent or Meh

I dont recall a discussion called - How were JG's contributions to the Pats compared to all the other WRs in the league. Because last time I checked, nobody here cares what the other teams WR's do.

We won the SB and last time I looked JG had a big ring on his finger.
No the discussion was whether josh Gordon was an excellent wr in 2018

However like most discussions on this board it has turned into an argument where 2 people are arguing different points as if they were the same thing.

Josh Gordon ranked 43rd in the nfl in receiving yards.
28th in yards per game.
63rd in receiving TDs
92nd in receptions.

Excellent?

Pats are a team that favors matchups and balance and wants to take advantage of every matchup to gain yards and win games.

Last time I checked the Pats are winning a lot more games with this system (of not favoring one player) than these other teams with these other "stud" WRs who lose.

You know this (or at least I hope you do) but it destroys your argument.

I don’t care. You don’t get extra points because you don’t know the system. You play football. You succeed or fail.
JG has a superbowl ring. How many rings did these stud WRs win? combined

No the discussion was whether josh Gordon was an excellent wr in 2018

On this team yes. Because he DID HIS JOB

On a team that likes to run stud $15 million a year WRs who need to rack up 1400 yards to justify their salary and the managements/coaches decisions I guess he would be a flop.

But we win here. And we win because players do their job. And JG did his job.

Pats are a team that favors matchups and balance and wants to take advantage of every matchup to gain yards and win games.

Last time I checked the Pats are winning a lot more games with this system (of not favoring one player) than these other teams with these other "stud" WRs who lose.

You know this (or at least I hope you do) but it destroys your argument.
Wait. Now you are arguing Gordon could have dominated but the patriots wouldn’t let him and that’s why the patriots are good?
So gronk was a mirage?

On this team yes. Because he DID HIS JOB

On a team that likes to run stud $15 million a year WRs who need to rack up 1400 yards to justify their salary and the managements/coaches decisions I guess he would be a flop.

But we win here. And we win because players do their job. And JG did his job.
We didn’t win because of josh Gordon.

You are now reducing this to platitudes to deflect from the argument.

So now I can argue every player on the patriots is great because we don’t want players to play well we just win?

You’ve created the most circular argument ever.

Wait. Now you are arguing Gordon could have dominated but the patriots wouldn’t let him and that’s why the patriots are good?
So gronk was a mirage?

The team has always been about the match up and not the stats.

How many teams have won a SB with a "stud" big yard WR

We like SB win here...not seasons with big WR stats and that is why we dont have lots of years with big WR stats and lots of SB wins

You know this, you are just trying to avoid it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes