PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy's got a leg injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
????

Gronk was injury prone in college. Gronk has been injury prone in the NFL. Gronk is injury prone now. There is no magic about this. Belichick was able to get a great bargain as Gronk's status was relatively low because of his injuries.

Some expect (hope) for a full healthy season from Gronk. Most don't expect this to happen.

If Pollard didn't twist Gronk's ankle and if Ward didn't tear Gronk's knee up would he be considered injury prone? No I don't think he would have. They would just say he has a history of back issues.

When is the last time Brady sat ou practice because of a strain or tweet?
People actually dislike this question.
Remarkable. Please explain why it makes you feel so threatened.

I do think it's amusing to see posters sloughing this off, though. If this was happening to Brady, many of those same people would be in a panic about how Brady's obviously breaking down.
It's GOATism.

If Pollard didn't twist Gronk's ankle and if Ward didn't tear Gronk's knee up would he be considered injury prone? No I don't think he would have. They would just say he has a history of back issues.

You decided to ignore his arm issues. You decided to ignore his post-Thomas injury (pulmonary contusion). You decided to ignore his hamstring injury. You decided to ignore his second knee injury against the Broncos.

It's more than just a back issue.

Remember the guy here who used to say time and again "injury proned"? Epic!

Gronk pissin contest aside and on an unrelated note, why do I get the impression Brissett is tough as nails?

From what little college film I saw, he looked like he spent his time on the field running for his life and bouncing right back up after getting hammered. Of course he gets injured right off the bat also.

Back to the Gronk discussion...he is frightening to watch. He plays so upright and fights for extra yardage. He looks vulnerable. You can't take him on high. Everyone goes for his legs. I cringe every time he gets hit.

Yet still has been able to play in close to 80% of the possible regular season games over his 7 year career

Yeah, he's missed more than 20% of his regular season games. In other words, he's missing more than 3 games (about 3.2) a season.

Yeah, he's missed more than 20% of his regular season games. In other words, he's missing more than 3 games (about 3.2) a season.
Not saying he hasn't been injured multiple times, but the "conventional wisdom" would lead one to believe that he's never on the field. And that quite frankly simply isn't the case. When you play the way he does, and takes the shots he does, averaging close to 13 games a season isn't exactly being unreliable. Definitely not ideal, but nothing close to the narrative that has been created

Remember the closest thing to a "soft" injury has been the broken arm on the extra point team. On those occasions when he HAS gotten hurt, he's been involved in serious collissions that would have injured most players. But that is how he plays and a function of how the DB's who generally are outweighed by 70 or 80 pounds and 8 inches in height have to play him. NO ONE (including me) would ever or should ever think about hitting him high when he is running free. The best way to get him down is to hit him low and THAT is the perscription for getting hurt.

The only thing I think that may be a possible help would be to take Brady's "how to fall" class and get himself "pliable". Also to that end, I'd make sure that over the course of TC, Gronk gets involve with a decent amount of hitting in practices and a few pre-season games. If you want to minimize his snaps during the season, OK, but don't send him out there in September without enough preparation, and that includes getting used to being hit and knocked down.

Not saying he hasn't been injured multiple times, but the "conventional wisdom" would lead one to believe that he's never on the field.

He's missing more than 20% of his games. He's a great player when he's healthy, but his injured/working back a lot. Conventional wisdom is correct.

And, as for "soft" injuries, he' had a hamstring strain that cost him multiple games, and limited him for a couple of games after he came back.

There's no need to massage this. It is what it is.

When is the last time Brady sat ou practice because of a strain or tweet?
Dude, you're not Tom Brady's advocator

You do know that, right?

Do you sit around OBSESSED with defending Brady when he's the most loved New England athlete in history?

You're not his best fan so stop posting as if you are. I'm a WAY better Brady fan than you are. I have 3 of his jocks I carry around at every home game

Can you top that? :D

Last edited:
I do think it's amusing to see posters sloughing this off, though. If this was happening to Brady, many of those same people would be in a panic about how Brady's obviously breaking down.

I doubt it, but maybe the Sports media would put it under there microscope for a day.

Brady has been incredibly durable and also even when he is injured or hurt he still played at a high level.. not to mention in the elements in New England.

I want to see how JG plays when its 17 degrees outside. I am more concerned how he handles the cold and the bad weather.

Also Brady is not the norm, most QB's go down for a few games here and there.

You do know that, right?

Do you sit around OBSESSED with defending Brady when he's the most loved New England athlete in history?

You're not his best fan so stop posting as if you are. I'm a WAY better Brady fan than you are. I have 3 of his jocks I carry around at every home game

A jock sniffer outs himself!

You do know that, right?

Curious comment from someone who said this:

Garoppalo isn't going any where. I'm surprised fans haven't accepted that.

He's here for the long haul whether we like it or not. Personally, I like it

Considering it is virtually impossible for Brady and JAG to be here in 2018 you are saying Brady is gone after thus year and you like that.

I think it's jimmys jock you are sniffing

Curious comment from someone who said this:

Considering it is virtually impossible for Brady and JAG to be here in 2018 you are saying Brady is gone after thus year and you like that.

I think it's jimmys jock you are sniffing
I'm WAY more of a Brady fan than you are, so deal with it.

Andy Johnson was pretty awesome, wasn't he?;)

Since the Jets are trying to throw the season for Darnold I propose are only 2 losses come to the Jets.
Yes I propose throwing the games it would never happen but would be sweet when Darnold is a Niner instead of a Jet.
Putting that franchise back 5 years at least by them winning when they try to tank is pure poetry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes