PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy's got a leg injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like i said before. It is not news yet but worth monitoring. IF this kind of thing continues you can argue him maybe being soft or injury prone but way too early now. Also we can't compare him to Brady. Most QBs don't play through the stuff Brady does.

Media going apeschitt with this yesterday - Curran on CSN talking about how JG doesn't have pocket awareness. He used the Alonzo hit that injured him as his evidence, and now that he's got a nick in camp, he's injury prone and Pats shouldn't count on him for the future....

Glass I Dowling says: Lay off Jimmy G

upload_2017-6-14_10-51-17.png

************, the guy has a freaking calf strain, was pan-caked resulting in a legitimate throwing shoulder injury and now he's injury-prone according to the media.
Funny how you're always claiming ************ when talking about JG. Especially since TB is the one who walks on water. It's all very confusing and downright biblical.

1st sign of ignorance...refusing to accept facts shoved in your face.

he had no structural damage to his knee or thigh...soreness = strain

it's ok to admit when you're wrong sunshine
why is a squeeler fan on here refuting JG's rise to Glasshood? There's something sinister about that like Russians hacking the federal elections. I'm not saying he's wrong, there's just something evil lurking. Someone get Ross to appoint a special counsel.

1st sign of ignorance...refusing to accept facts shoved in your face.

he had no structural damage to his knee or thigh...soreness = strain

it's ok to admit when you're wrong sunshine
If I were I would snowflake

So it seems that this has been a lingering injury.

Unfortunately JG's career to date has not shown anything to make people not question his durability at least a little. When the team needed him to play 4 games he couldn't even finish 1 1/2. He's got 8 sacks in 94 career dropbacks - that's not sack prone like RG3 but it's not insignificant either. Worth watching this year, IMO.

With that said... it's minicamp and I don't have a problem if he chooses to slow down a bit to protect the injury. I'd be curious to see how quickly he gets back to full reps.

Might be too early to present him with the Ras-I Dowling career achievement reward.
Th
If Ryan Mallet or Brian Hoyer, during their stints as Brady's backup, had their heads decapitated in June, it wouldn't have been meaningful news.
In Mallet's case, it would be the most minimal possible loss. Like a blob of earwax...

************, the guy has a freaking calf strain, was pan-caked resulting in a legitimate throwing shoulder injury and now he's injury-prone according to the media.

Eh, It's like the same idiots who called Gronk injury prone because his ankle sprain in 2011 and ACL in 2013. Everyone would have got the same injury in those situations. But no, suddenly he was injury prone...:rolleyes:

Garoppalo isn't going any where. I'm surprised fans haven't accepted that.

He's here for the long haul whether we like it or not. Personally, I like it

Tweaking a muscle in June isn't news

lol well it is news because EEI and the HUB need something to talk about for 12 hours. And then after that CSN and NESN have to have there say.

Brady has dealt with minor, nagging injuries at this point in the offseason too. It happens. I do worry about Jimmy's durability--failing to make it through two starts will do that--but this news doesn't move the needle in that respect.

Eh, It's like the same idiots who called Gronk injury prone because his ankle sprain in 2011 and ACL in 2013. Everyone would have got the same injury in those situations. But no, suddenly he was injury prone...:rolleyes:

????

Gronk was injury prone in college. Gronk has been injury prone in the NFL. Gronk is injury prone now. There is no magic about this. Belichick was able to get a great bargain as Gronk's status was relatively low because of his injuries.

Some expect (hope) for a full healthy season from Gronk. Most don't expect this to happen.

You might want to look up the definition of injury prone. In fact, let me help.

Definition of injury-prone
  1. : frequently injured an athlete who is injury-prone

Definition of INJURY PRONE

injury-prone (ˈɪndʒərɪˌprəʊn)

adjective
often sustaining injuries

Injury-prone definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

So, yes, Gronk is, and long has been, injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes