PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G over 380 yards today (week 15)

I’m a huge jimmy g fan, but no use crying over spilled milk

I do think there are a ton of idiots here sort of hoping that he fails to justify their blindness

Including a game winning drive for a FG. It's getting harder and harder to root for him. I'm starting to feel sick that we had to let a QB this talented walk. And for almost nothing in return. Ugh.

Jesus are we going to read this garbage now every week ?

To recap.. we didnt let anyone walk, JG had all the leverage in this situation. There was no feasible way to franchise him given how much a QB tag is without blowing up your entire salary structure, having to restructure a ****ton of players, screwing the future of the team Saints style only for the vague chance of him starting a year later and not being in the very same ****ing situation again.

Since JG had all the leverage there was no big return possible on him. You dont want to send him to an AFC team to create a potential rival and since JG had most of the leverage they essentially had to send him to a team that he was ok with to receive anything of value for half a season of contract + franchise rights.

Why does he have all the leverage ? Because he and Don Yee know that the Pats cant afford to franchise him. They couldnt just send him to a garbage team for maximum return because JG via Don Yee would have told that team that JG wont sign an extension with them making his rights worth less.

And an early second rounder is better than a potential end of third round pick a year later. Considerably better...

Stop whining and get over it..

Jesus are we going to read this garbage now every week ?

To recap.. we didnt let anyone walk, JG had all the leverage in this situation. There was no feasible way to franchise him given how much a QB tag is without blowing up your entire salary structure, having to restructure a ****ton of players, screwing the future of the team Saints style only for the vague chance of him starting a year later and not being in the very same ****ing situation again.

Since JG had all the leverage there was no big return possible on him. You dont want to send him to an AFC team to create a potential rival and since JG had most of the leverage they essentially had to send him to a team that he was ok with to receive anything of value for half a season of contract + franchise rights.

Why does he have all the leverage ? Because he and Don Yee know that the Pats cant afford to franchise him. They couldnt just send him to a garbage team for maximum return because JG via Don Yee would have told that team that JG wont sign an extension with them making his rights worth less.

And an early second rounder is better than a potential end of third round pick a year later. Considerably better...

Stop whining and get over it..
You are wasting you time with him.

For some of the ****heads on this board the moment is never good enough. They are so worried the gravy train will end and their lives will suck.
Their lives suck no matter what the team does. Who would post this garbage other than a lonely loser with nothing going for them.

That's cool, l but I'm not sure how that's going to help us three years from now when Brady is hanging out on a beach in Brazil and our starting QB is equivalent to Geno Smith or Trevor Siemian.
What would lead you to believe that will be the case?

Their lives suck no matter what the team does. Who would post this garbage other than a lonely loser with nothing going for them.
I tend to agree.

it was either trade Jimmy G or trade Brady...but with Brady still playing like an MVP where we have a super-bowl chance could you? Jimmy may be a fine starting QB in the league, but if he ends up being Matt ryan...is that worth trading the goat?

What if his ceiling is Matthew Stafford? Or Matt Ryan like someone else mentioned?

Would that still be worth dreading?

Not sure why people act as if he's a guaranteed HoF'er or is destined for a Brees/Rodgers/Roethlisberger type of career. Let alone a Brady-esque career.

Last edited:
You guys are reading way too much into my post. I'm not saying that we should have dumped Brady. All I am saying is that it sucks to watch what is looking like a really good QB slip through our hands. If he's playing like this now, imagine how good he will be when they put an actual offense around him. I realize the Patriots were put in a nearly impossible situation. Bill did what he thought was right. I'm not second guessing him. Just sating it's a ****ty situation.

The only thing that the Patriots have almost no chance of replicating with Backup QB 7.0 is Garoppolo's handsomeness.

Well, that and the fact that Garoppolo, likely unintentionally, rejuvenated the career of another of Don Yee's clients. . . .

I think Jimmy is a annual top 5 QB.
Trading him though was the right move given Brady's end is not known
Just too bad we couldn't get atleast a top 15 pick for him

I've never gotten why there aren't more conditional picks.

Trade Garappolo for a 2nd, but for X starts or Y wins, or Z playoff games or a Super Bowl appearance (or whatever) over the next 1 or 2 years we get an additional conditional pick.

49s pay nothing or little if he's just another guy and shouldn't mind paying another first, second or whatever if he's their next franchise qb.

Well, that and the fact that Garoppolo, likely unintentionally, rejuvenated the career of another of Don Yee's clients. . . .
Looks like someone else wrote that post. I'm not sure why I got quoted for it.

It’s bittersweet for sure, but ultimately I don’t fault the Pats for trading him away; keeping both just wasn’t sustainable. What does engage me is the stupidity of the rest of the NFL for not being willing to give up a first rounder for talent like JG. Instead these moronic teams will spend their top 5 or top 10 pick on yet another WR or RB. Absolutely moronic.

Jimmy Garoppolo credits Tom Brady, Bill Belichick following game-winning FG drive Sunday

“We knew we needed first downs, and we knew we needed to work the clock," Garoppolo said. "That’s what I learned playing for Coach Belichick. It’s funny you mention that, because I was thinking about that [clock management] on the field. Coach would run through situations like this all the time.”

Pretty awesome stuff. Belichick would never allow JG to speak like that as a Patriot lol. Just goes to show how far BB is from all the other guys, for making players think like that.

I said it before: There was nothing to be done about JG. He wanted to play and wouldn't do it here. It's one of those things that we simply need to accept. In the future we'll see what was the "right move".

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why there are so many Brady jock sniffers that get so butthurt over threads like this?

JIMMY IS A GOOD NFL QB. BRADY IS 40 YEARS OLD.

I’m not saying you have to have the opinion that trading JG was wrong, BUT ITS ABSOLUTELY A CONVERSATION WORTH HAVING.

Keeping JG and moving on from Brady after THIS season is a discussion worth having, period. I’ll gladly hear both sides. But to dismiss it is pure fanboy homer crap.

I just wish they got more for him. Another pick if sf resigns him, say.

It’s bittersweet for sure, but ultimately I don’t fault the Pats for trading him away; keeping both just wasn’t sustainable. What does engage me is the stupidity of the rest of the NFL for not being willing to give up a first rounder for talent like JG. Instead these moronic teams will spend their top 5 or top 10 pick on yet another WR or RB. Absolutely moronic.

I’ve never understood the hesitancy in giving up picks for established young players. Maybe established is a stretch for Jimmy because it was only a couple games but it was still more NFL games than a first year college player. I know money enters into the equation as far as how long they can control them but I’d rather have a guy with a couple years under his belt who you know can contribute than some highly touted college player who could very well end up being a bust.

The Cooks trade was a perfect example. I’d make that trade all day long. 1st round pick for a young guy who has proven himself capable of competing at the NFL level = a no brainer in my book.

Instead teams will pour over combine stats and convince themselves that an unknown commodity is the answer to all their problems.

What exactly is wrong with his 'frame'? Be specific.
The guy is thin and small for today's league. As with Tony Romo, seasons and careers can end as the result of not having the size and strength to survive the weekly beatings that are part and parcel of playing quarterback in the NFL. Perhaps you disagree with my "eye test" approach to durability, but I just can't see Jimmy holding up to the hits guys like Brady and Big Ben have managed to overcome their whole careers.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back