PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G over 380 yards today (week 15)

That's cool, l but I'm not sure how that's going to help us three years from now when Brady is hanging out on a beach in Brazil and our starting QB is equivalent to Geno Smith or Trevor Siemian.

Who cares about 3 years from now. We're about to enter the playoffs to fight for our 6th. We just had a huge victory for the #1 seed.

We're onto the Bills

Jimmy G. has the talent to be a top 5 quarterback. The problem with him is he will get dinged, mark my words. The guy's frame doesn't spell long-term success as quarterbacks drop like flies across the league.
I'll mark your words as nonsense. If he gets injured it won't be because of his "frame" -- he's 6-foot-2, 225 lbs.

I can't believe that we actually have people whining about our backup QB being traded away when the starting QB is about to win NFL MVP! For god sake people!! What do you want to do? Trade the NFL MVP?
For some of the ****heads on this board the moment is never good enough. They are so worried the gravy train will end and their lives will suck.

For some of the ****heads on this board the moment is never good enough. They are so worried the gravy train will end and their lives will suck.
Those people were obviously not around when the team absolutely sucked.

Its no ones fault, the timing was just off.

You guys are reading way too much into my post. I'm not saying that we should have dumped Brady. All I am saying is that it sucks to watch what is looking like a really good QB slip through our hands. If he's playing like this now, imagine how good he will be when they put an actual offense around him. I realize the Patriots were put in a nearly impossible situation. Bill did what he thought was right. I'm not second guessing him. Just saying it's a ****ty situation.

Last edited:
Who cares, we are on the verge of a 6th Super Bowl title, going on a legit run for a 3rd Super Bowl Championship in the last 4 years for a second time, and dont forget how the cards are loaded for us next season f*ck the rest of the league having too much fun on this side of the field
Exactly. Lots of guys have had a few good games. I hope the best for JG, I do. Our guys been doing it for almost 2 decades. The Pats made the only decision left to be made. Hope they choose wisely with the pick they got.

Are we going to have a thread about Jimmy for every good/great game he has? It sucked to let go of him but the choice was he or Brady. There was no realistic third way.

They chose Brady, and I would as well.

Including a game winning drive for a FG. It's getting harder and harder to root for him. I'm starting to feel sick that we had to let a QB this talented walk. And for almost nothing in return. Ugh.

Consider yourself lucky, I’ve been feeling sick about it since the minute we made the trade.

Exactly. Lots of guys have had a few good games. I hope the best for JG, I do. Our guys been doing it for almost 2 decades. The Pats made the only decision left to be made. Hope they choose wisely with the pick they got.

Yea just hope 49ers lose out, every win is a pick down in the second round, I'm sure BB will find the the right QB to be the heir next season but I wouldn't be surprised if we just op for a backup QB, and hold off drafting the successor until '19 if by the time we pick there isn't a viable option for a successor unless there is or we trade up for a QB which I doubt unless its really worth it

very mixed emotions. Happy that Jimmy is doing well, pissed to see that draft pick dropping like a stone.

JG will a force in the NFC when SF get more people for him. Good for him. Easy to see why Bill tried desperately to keep him past last year's draft. But the fact is that JG was NOT the best QB on the Pats, and there wasn't an option to keep him, despite what the lunatics will tell you about "franchising" him

Are we going to have a thread about Jimmy for every good/great game he has? .
Yes, that is about all the fake fans and trolls have left. The Pats are doing well so they need something.

Yes, that is about all the fake fans and trolls have left. The Pats are doing well so they need something.
Spot on.

Although there are definitely good fans who feel dismayed that he won't be the heir. It does suck, but I know that we had two choices. And if it means the Pats win a 6th or 7th Super Bowl, it was worth it.

Who cares, we are on the verge of a 6th Super Bowl title, going on a legit run for a 3rd Super Bowl Championship in the last 4 years for a second time, and dont forget how the cards are loaded for us next season f*ck the rest of the league having too much fun on this side of the field
Mic drop

49'ers still have to play Jags and Rams so right now we're @6 in round 2 and maybe we move up a few.

I wish Jimmy a nice career after those games are over.

49'ers still have to play Jags and Rams so right now we're @6 in round 2 and maybe we move up a few.

I wish Jimmy a nice career after those games are over.

Yup. I’m curious to see what he can do against the top defense in the league next week.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back