2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rate the following statement: Jimmy g is twice the QB Brady was after 3 years

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was really said? If it was something like 'I would forgo the last two years of Brady for for 10 years of Jimmy IF Bill thinks Jimmy is ace' then that isn't outlandish. I doubt anyone would say Jimmy was better than Tom, there has to be a more complicated story.

Either way, a bit of a daft thread as 90% likely have no clue what was said.

What was really said? If it was something like 'I would forgo the last two years of Brady for for 10 years of Jimmy IF Bill thinks Jimmy is ace' then that isn't outlandish. I doubt anyone would say Jimmy was better than Tom, there has to be a more complicated story.

the question for this thread was out of context......which is what happens when AJ throws a hissy fit

the question for this thread was out of context......which is what happens when AJ throws a hissy fit

I guessed as much (nout against him personally, just doubt anyone on the forum would be so daft)

What was the true context?

Without a doubt....

Jimmy G...2nd round pick/TB was a 6th round pick.
Jimmy G...1st round picks galore rumored to be offered in trade by multiple teams/TB no offers ever.
Jimmy G...quiet and professional/TB...fiery and out of control one minute...whining baby the next.
Jimmy G....mid-West native with boyish hometown good looks/TB...California glamour boy with legal? immigrant wife.
Jimmy G...winning from the bench and on the field/TB ...selfish, won't come off the field even in blowouts.
BEST

I guessed as much (nout against him personally, just doubt anyone on the forum would be so daft)

I claimed that Garoppolo now is a better QB than Brady was in 2002

What was said was exactly what I posted.
Jimmy g is twice the QB Brady was after 3 years.

That was followed up by agreeing if he had 2002 Brady and 2016 Jimmy on the same team he would sit or trade Brady and give the job to Jimmy

That after seeing JG play in one and a half games you could make the following assumption:

in his time on the field, JG showed more than anyone in his first couple of starts.....he's been trained and he is ready....he is twice the QB that Brady was in 2002 (3rd year)

I don't think people realize how at his age, how quickly Brady can turn into Steve DeBerg

Daft would be a polite way of saying it.

Here is the exact post. Decide daftness for yourself.

in his time on the field, JG showed more than anyone in his first couple of starts.....he's been trained and he is ready....he is twice the QB that Brady was in 2002 (3rd year)

I don't think people realize how at his age, how quickly Brady can turn into Steve DeBerg

Okay so whoever wants to do the maff, or research the stat, do it... but by consensus, Brady is the GOAT (at this writing :/ )

I understand that we're comparing at a specific snapshot in time, and I'm not even going into that. Holding Bledsoe's clipboard, winning the SB and everything that went into that, then playing a full (and not terrible) non-SB season in 2002 = Brady's first three.

What can I say, slow starter.

Jimmy G played in a couple games. That's it. I mean, this isn't even apples and oranges, it's tourniquets and ball bearings are something, no wait, those can be united by the concept of a sling... it's plastic pill-holders and thumb drives. It's too unrelated to even measure. And that's before adding that you're talking about an unproven guy (at this point in time) and a very, very proven guy, the most proven guy ever.

The only calculation is when Brady becomes something other than the best possible option going forward.

History says there is a date certain. There are some greek fates (I believe these are called the Norns,) whose tasks were, respectively, to spin a strand measuring a football career, to measure this strand, and to cut it. I think I got that right. Nobody knows how much strand is left for Brady.

Abe Vigoda has been getting picked in dead pools since the mid-70s and it took until 2016 when tragically nobody picked him because everybody assumed that either (a) he was already dead or (b) that he would never die. They were sick of chasing the fool's gold that was Abe Vigoda.

So, this upcoming season, for all we know Brady falls off a cliff, looks addled every play, throws 25 interceptions, etc. I would characterize this as a very low, if non-zero, possibility.

Leaving aside this very low tail result, what we are really talking about re: Garoppolo is whether he's better than Brady now (or within one year.) IOW, we're using this "through 3 years" ruse as a proxy for real considerations. The only other real-life consideration is whether Garoppolo is ready/willing to forego a big payday to have a shot of being an heir apparent after a long period of clipboard-holding. This looks very unlikely, if we consider it through the lens of Garoppolo's self-interest, the lens most likely to yield a useful projection.

There is no quarterback on the roster, in free agency, coming out of the draft, or elsewhere in Heaven, Hell, and Earth that one can sanely project to surpass TFB. This is a very unusual circumstance, and a difficult one to "talk football" about. You're really looking at a sui generis quarterback. So playing games with this or that window of time is something less than significant.

As of right now...? I think Brady's doing okay :). I actually think he will do okay for at least another season.

That being the case, what becomes of Jimmy G is purely up to Jimmy G, unless BB is supremely confident about what he's seen and wants to somehow come to a mid-level deal to lock him up... but what does that look like? Locking him up for 5 years at a low-to-medium salary, while he waits for something bad to happen to Brady? Seems really unlikely.

Don't get me wrong, I liked what I saw of him in the few plays on which we saw him play. Nice problem to have, sucks if you're in love with Jimmy G. He'll end up in another uniform, barring the catastrophic.

Jimmy G just won the off season.

Jimmy has been in the league 3 years and won 2 rings which is 67% of the time.

Brady started 15 years and won rings 5 rings which is 33% of the time.

Clearly JG is exactly twice the QB Brady is. It is sad every 3 years we will not win a super bowl but the pain is one we as fans must bare with.

Jimmy is 2-0 in Superbowls appearances, Brady is 5-2, and 2 of the 5 wins were Jimmy's so Brady is only 3-2.

I am more aware than most that we need a succession plan. Many on here have said they will just tune out when Brady quits. Them and many others just want to see us ride the brady train to the end, regardless whether it comes off the tracks.

However, I am not here to say that JG is better than anyone after 1.5 games. After three seasons Brady had won a SB, and despite me still being camp Bledsoe at that time (stubbornness) we had over 30 games to judge him.

Comparing makes zero sense.

hey......where the hell did I say AFTER 3 years?

face it......you're seething idiot who simply could not laugh it off in disagreement

you're a juvenile jackass who goes full ****** at the first opportunity.....it has happened before it will happen again

So, if I've got this right, some troll that I have on ignore has rustled Andy's jimmies by making an asinine statement.

Sounds like a Monday more than a Wednesday.
Unfortunately I have him in ignore to but read a post that made by curiosity hit "see ignored posts".
I see how curiosity killed the cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand