2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rate the following statement: Jimmy g is twice the QB Brady was after 3 years

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even believe it's a valid question. Their paths aren't similar so no one can compare them.

Had Garappalo started the past 2 years, then we could compare them.

But my opinion is that it's unlikely JG is as good as the best of all time.

What would be horrible is if we traded him and found out he's almost as good

If we had a crystal ball, I'd take JG for 10 years of almost as good over 2-3 more years of Brady! Yup, I said it Patsfans!

But since we don't know that, I'll stick with the sure thing....for now

You voted that the comment is correct? That you believe Jimmy g is twice the QB Brady was after 3 years? Really? Can you explain?

Lol

Yep. But to be fair I think that was a year where there was a lot of great defense in the league and some really solid running offenses too which took away TDs from passers.

I think Gannon could have easily led the league in TD passes if he was inclined to.
I agree with your post. I am just pointing out that Year 3 Brady was an okay QB.

Reactions: sb1
I don't even believe it's a valid question. Their paths aren't similar so no one can compare them.

It depends on what the Pats do with the picks they would get from trading Jimmy G.
It also depends on the definition of "almost as good".
If Jimmy turns into a top 10 QB of all time that would be almost as good and I would be beyond shocked.
If he ends up a good starter and makes a a couple of Pro Bowls, I would be okay trading him as long as the Pats got enough value back in return.
It is okay for both teams to make out in a trade.

I'm not sure if my Poll Banishment is just for Poll creation or for Poll participation as well.

Brady lead the NFL in touchdown passes in 2002.
I would be amazed if Jimmy ever did the same. Not saying it can't happen, but I am sure it won't happen in his third year.

2002 NFL Leaders and Leaderboards | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The even larger irony of the post you replied to:

Illegal's logic:

1. Brady's numbers in 2002 are inflated because of his first three weeks.

2. JG after playing just two weeks is twice the QB was in 2002.

Yikes.

Funny...Most likely we would be saying the same thing about JG this year had he continued playing.

you have zero basis to make that claim

his season was inflated due to weeks 1 -3

the rest of the way he had plenty of struggles in an offense designed to protect him

He had good weeks and bad weeks. Yes he had a nice start statistically but you need to count the whole season. He had some great games after those first 3 as well. Also his season would look even better if not for getting injured which made him look worse than he was.

Also I don't know how you can say it was an offense designed to protect him when he passed 601 times on the year.

I don't see him getting any amazing help that year. The run game was so-so at best. They finished 28th in total rushing yards with 3.8 YPA so he didn't get protected there.

Who are the great WRs who protected him? Patten/Brown were only pretty good and Branch/Givens did okay but too young to really help a ton.

In all honestly I don't see how you can make the case this team covered for him. If anything this is one of the years Brady covered the most for his team.

What's this now? Some of us don't read every thread or post, so where some threads branch off into separate polls is lost on some of us...okay, maybe just me.

Regards ,
Chris

It's a urination contest that has metastasized into a thread of its own.

Ignore Thread ON!

This Jimmy G stupidity is out of control, be lucky if he's even as good as Andy Dalton.

I know everyone is joking around with it but go ahead and buy 1 1/2 games of hype, i'd take Clevelands 12 and drive him to Cleveland if i was Bill.

If we had a crystal ball, I'd take JG for 10 years of almost as good over 2-3 more years of Brady! Yup, I said it Patsfans!

But since we don't know that, I'll stick with the sure thing....for now
No the proposition was he has already proven he is twice the QB Brady was in year 3

He had good weeks and bad weeks. Yes he had a nice start statistically but you need to count the whole season. He had some great games after those first 3 as well. Also his season would look even better if not for getting injured which made him look worse than he was.

Also I don't know how you can say it was an offense designed to protect him when he passed 601 times on the year.

I don't see him getting any amazing help that year. The run game was so-so at best. They finished 28th in total rushing yards with 3.8 YPA so he didn't get protected there.

Who are the great WRs who protected him? Patten/Brown were only pretty good and Branch/Givens did okay but too young to really help a ton.

In all honestly I don't see how you can make the case this team covered for him. If anything this is one of the years Brady covered the most for his team.

if you don't recall, it's dink and dunk

it was by far his lowest yards per attempt and losing by multiple scores while attempting fewer than 30 passes signals protection

you have zero basis to make that claim

What good team did JG play in weeks 1-2? What good team has he played in his career? What would happen when the league had tapes on him and defenses adjusted to him?

JG would have been exposed big time... bank it.

This Jimmy G stupidity is out of control, be lucky if he's even as good as Andy Dalton.

I know everyone is joking around with it but go ahead and buy 1 1/2 games of hype, i'd take Clevelands 12 and drive him to Cleveland if i was Bill.
Not if you can turn it into more. If they are offering 12 today, you keep working offers until right up near the draft. If it never becomes more, you take it.

sell low.......that's the answer

What good team did JG play in weeks 1-2? What good team has he played in his career? What would happen when the league had tapes on him and defenses adjusted to him?

JG would have been exposed big time... bank it.

more zero basis garbage

Not if you can turn it into more. If they are offering 12 today, you keep working offers until right up near the draft. If it never becomes more, you take it.

or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand