PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS SUCK 2022 EDITION (OFFICIAL): A SALACIOUS SAGA OF SLEAZY SHENANIGANS

Looks like no Fields today for the Bears. So the Jets should completely stifle their offense. I'll admit I'm rooting a bit for Mike White today... he's probably not a long term option at quarterback for the Jets but I'd like to see him make Zach Wilson expendable.

Looks like no Fields today for the Bears. So the Jets should completely stifle their offense. I'll admit I'm rooting a bit for Mike White today... he's probably not a long term option at quarterback for the Jets but I'd like to see him make Zach Wilson expendable.

Agreed. I'd love seeing the Jete give up on McMilfson and draft another QB "savior." Then maybe have Punky succeed with another team, but I'm not sure he has the competitive desire required to become a champion. The only problem with this team is it has a playoff-caliber defense; with at least average quarterback play, the Jete could go places. Fortunately, that snazzy running back they had is on the shelf.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'd love seeing the Jete give up on McMilfson and draft another QB "savior." Then maybe have Punky succeed with another team, but I'm not sure he has the competitive desire required to become a champion. The only problem with this team is it has a playoff-caliber defense; with at least average quarterback play, the Jete could go places. Fortunately, that snazzy running back they had is on the shelf.
They kinda have to get a QB via the draft, IMO, since FA and/or trade is not likely to deliver a quality QB at a reasonable price.

It's pretty clear Milfson is done, done, done. It isn't just that he lost the locker room and the coaching staff, it's also that (despite what Mr. Clean says) he is not a quality NFL starter, never mind a franchise QB. So, they have to do something.

That leaves you with free agency, and although the Jets have cap space, good QBs almost never make it to FA. When they do, they are very costly. For instance, the name that comes up most frequently is Derek Carr. If he hits FA he's going to want franchise QB money, but he's not a franchise QB. He can win games during the regular season, but he also can lose them too. He might get you a playoff win or two, but not a SB (IMO). All that, and he would take up so much of your cap you'd have to really manage the rest of the cap to keep team talent at a good level.

Then we get to the fact that you have to over-pay a FA to play in the swamps of NJ for that loser franchise. Da Jete admitted this with the Le'veon Bell deal, the only way he agreed to play for NJJ was to outbid everyone else, and even then they only got him because he was damaged goods after his holdout season.

The Jete don't have excess draft picks they could use to trade for a QB, so they could at best trade away their future ala the Rams. They couldn't pull off something like the Russell Wilson trade, and if they do, the risk is they end up with someone like Russell Wilson, clearly past his prime and coasting on his reputation.

My opinion all along is that their weakest position group has been OL, and until they get that sorted, it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of resources on a QB. They could have, for instance, used the pick they used on Milfson to trade down and couple quality OL, and started Flacco behind that OL. Flacco has shown he's good enough to take a team into the playoffs when protected. Or, trade that #2 overall knowing there were five quality QBs in that draft, and get an OL and a quality QB such as Mac Jones. Yet good ol' Woody wanted to make a splash, so they stayed pat and took Milfson #2.

I guess this shows how bad the Milfson pick has screwed them up. They have had great draft position by sucking for so long, and got those extra picks off Seattle. Most of them went into the defense. What they really needed was for Milfson to be good, especially under pressure since their OL isn't very good. Yet he isn't good, and now their whole team building cycle has been f***ed over. Sorting out the QB position will take time, draft resources and/or salary cap, and by the time they sort that out, a lot of that defensive talent will want to be paid which will blow up the salary cap.

This all shows why Mr Clean is so desperate to say Milfson is going to have a comeback later in the season. He realizes if Milfson does not somehow turn things around their entire team building window will close and he'll be fired. The average fan won't understand all this team building stuff, all they will understand is Da Jete Suck, they'll want blood, and it'll be Mr Clean's head on a platter.

This brings joy to my life…the Jets giving up on a QB and he excels elsewhere. Not that it happens often however…but I like it.

The reason for "Punky" -- apart from being a punk in his own right -- is he emulates fellow BYU alum Jim McMahon. You might recall McMahon wore a headband (as Wilson does), and was an irreverent jerk, nicknamed by media as the "punky QB."

Good observations, though. I think you're first to figure out the Bim Skala Bim namesake, I'm glad somebody got it. And I do like the cabana boy image. :D

Hey I got the Bim Skala Bim reference the very first time it was used! Just figured most of us here of a certain age got the reference too...

Meanwhile, Mike White just made a nice read hitting Wilson for a td. Looks like Milfson might not get his job back.

Meanwhile, Mike White just made a nice read hitting Wilson for a td. Looks like Milfson might not get his job back.
which means exactly WHAT??? Little Mommy's Boy is done in green sewerage colors? Well then...another blown high 1st round pick...which should tell anyone with a normal functioning brain that .....THE JETS SUCK...despite what any of the Douchehammer scumbag trolls say about it...

Hey I got the Bim Skala Bim reference the very first time it was used! Just figured most of us here of a certain age got the reference too...

Sorry, kudos to you as well.

Actually, now that you mention it EVERYONE should know because I noted it in the opening bullet point items.

316304537_5801527316628315_1861676012053433339_n.jpg
Choads

They kinda have to get a QB via the draft, IMO, since FA and/or trade is not likely to deliver a quality QB at a reasonable price.

It's pretty clear Milfson is done, done, done. It isn't just that he lost the locker room and the coaching staff, it's also that (despite what Mr. Clean says) he is not a quality NFL starter, never mind a franchise QB. So, they have to do something.

That leaves you with free agency, and although the Jets have cap space, good QBs almost never make it to FA. When they do, they are very costly. For instance, the name that comes up most frequently is Derek Carr. If he hits FA he's going to want franchise QB money, but he's not a franchise QB. He can win games during the regular season, but he also can lose them too. He might get you a playoff win or two, but not a SB (IMO). All that, and he would take up so much of your cap you'd have to really manage the rest of the cap to keep team talent at a good level.

Then we get to the fact that you have to over-pay a FA to play in the swamps of NJ for that loser franchise. Da Jete admitted this with the Le'veon Bell deal, the only way he agreed to play for NJJ was to outbid everyone else, and even then they only got him because he was damaged goods after his holdout season.

The Jete don't have excess draft picks they could use to trade for a QB, so they could at best trade away their future ala the Rams. They couldn't pull off something like the Russell Wilson trade, and if they do, the risk is they end up with someone like Russell Wilson, clearly past his prime and coasting on his reputation.

My opinion all along is that their weakest position group has been OL, and until they get that sorted, it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of resources on a QB. They could have, for instance, used the pick they used on Milfson to trade down and couple quality OL, and started Flacco behind that OL. Flacco has shown he's good enough to take a team into the playoffs when protected. Or, trade that #2 overall knowing there were five quality QBs in that draft, and get an OL and a quality QB such as Mac Jones. Yet good ol' Woody wanted to make a splash, so they stayed pat and took Milfson #2.

I guess this shows how bad the Milfson pick has screwed them up. They have had great draft position by sucking for so long, and got those extra picks off Seattle. Most of them went into the defense. What they really needed was for Milfson to be good, especially under pressure since their OL isn't very good. Yet he isn't good, and now their whole team building cycle has been f***ed over. Sorting out the QB position will take time, draft resources and/or salary cap, and by the time they sort that out, a lot of that defensive talent will want to be paid which will blow up the salary cap.

This all shows why Mr Clean is so desperate to say Milfson is going to have a comeback later in the season. He realizes if Milfson does not somehow turn things around their entire team building window will close and he'll be fired. The average fan won't understand all this team building stuff, all they will understand is Da Jete Suck, they'll want blood, and it'll be Mr Clean's head on a platter.

They've had a bunch of OL injuries starting with tackle Messy Bacon knocked out for the season during training camp. Depending on how guys rehab -- no sure thing given their poor offseason program -- that unit could bounce back OK. What really hurt them was losing RB Breece Hall to a knee injury.

What they do at quarterback I think is a tough call. Flaccid is 37 and likely done after this season. Mike Caucasian is 27 but hasn't seen much action at all since drafted by Dallas four years ago. The question is whether the Jete can admit to themselves they made a mistake with Punky and cut ties with him. His head definitely is not where it needs to be, probably his heart as well. If I had to guess, I'd say they do the wrong thing and stick with him but let Caucasian play out the season. Then they try again with Punky next year but make him win the job back in training camp. Thing is, McMilfson still is on his rookie contract so they can roll the dice hoping he responds to a re-set. One name I've heard linked to the Jete as a possible free-agent prospect is Garoppolo, which I'd hate to see happen for several reasons. But he could be too expensive for them and that probably would mean the end of Punky in New Jersey.

I like the fact that the Jets played well and won without that spoiled entitled Karen punk.

I hope this creates more disfunction within the organization…but not enough for major change.

I like the fact that the Jets played well and won without that spoiled entitled Karen punk.

I hope this creates more disfunction within the organization…but not enough for major change.

I'd still rather have seen them lose, but Nathan Peterman...

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back