PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2019 Edition (Official): Entering A New Half-Century of Moronic Mediocrity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Gregg Williams presser is worth watching: Jets’ Sam Darnold will never get a better (or more profane) compliment than this

Williams refers to using (in his words) "premeditated fake anger" during practice to motivate players. Yup, now they'll take him seriously. :rolleyes:

They are always cut from the same cloth. Going right to the press to get credit and a pat on the back for their concepts, at the expense of ruining the actual concept. Williams is busy game planning his way to the head coach position. Gase is busy game planning how to get Williams fired. There’s no entertainment in sports like the Jete reality show. Kris Jenner to guest star next year?

They are always cut from the same cloth. Going right to the press to get credit and a pat on the back for their concepts, at the expense of ruining the actual concept. Williams is busy game planning his way to the head coach position. Gase is busy game planning how to get Williams fired. There’s no entertainment in sports like the Jete reality show. Kris Jenner to guest star next year?

I will say this year is shaping up to be pretty entertaining.

From the Jets perspective, we're obviously making a push to win now.

The Pats are looking to stay kings of the NFL as usual.

Even Miami n Buffalo should be interesting with the young QBs.

Can Brady hold back father time and the 2018 QB class?

"Cool new QB's in the AFC East"......said every year for the last two decades.........

Regarding Brady? Father Time is crying "uncle".

image1.jpg

The 2018 QB class is holding back the 2018 the 2018 QB class just fine.

The exception being the great Baker Mayfield. Too bad the Jets didn’t draft him, Mahomes, or Watson, and gave up three 2nd round picks to move up for an inaccurate, stumpy bust who has no business playing on the same field as TB12.

It will be entertaining for you up until Week 1.

The 2018 QB class is holding back the 2018 the 2018 QB class just fine.

The exception being the great Baker Mayfield. Too bad the Jets didn’t draft him, Mahomes, or Watson, and gave up three 2nd round picks to move up for an inaccurate, stumpy bust who has no business playing on the same field as TB12.

It will be entertaining for you up until Week 1.

Who was the highest rated QB in the NFL the last 5 weeks of the season?

* After returning from an injury and getting a Center who knew how to snap a football.

Who was the highest rated QB in the NFL the last 5 weeks of the season?

* After returning from an injury and getting a Center who knew how to snap a football.
Your Blockhead Blunder Boy (a/k/a Dam Darnit) didn't even play the last five games of the season. He did play the last four, going 1-3 while getting sacked a bunch as I recall. If you want to claim he had the league's highest QBR the last four weeks you need to offer proof. His season QBR was a paltry 47.9. His toe "injury" was Jetespeak for being benched. Blaming his blunders on the center is silly.

Going forward, we have this ... link: Sam Darnold Fantasy Football News & Stats

Struggles during minicamp
June 14, 2019
Darnold and the Jets offense struggled during June minicamp ...

Your Blockhead Blunder Boy (a/k/a Dam Darnit) didn't even play the last five games of the season. He did play the last four, going 1-3 while getting sacked a bunch as I recall. If you want to claim he had the league's highest QBR the last four weeks you need to offer proof. His season QBR was a paltry 47.9. His toe "injury" was Jetespeak for being benched. Blaming his blunders on the center is silly.

June 14, 2019

But hey, with this man behind them this time it's really gonna work...

tenor.gif

June 14, 2019

"Since week 14" from a post on Dec. 24 covers THREE WEEKS with one game left in the regular season. That's far from the last five weeks you claim, goofball. And that "lofty" QBR (81.4 is merely good, not great) was skewed heavily by one game -- the LOSS to Green Bay in which the Packers were en route to mailing in their season.

But anyone who looks like this has bigger concerns than quarterback rating and trying to win football games for the pathetic Jete ...

Db_ngxmU8AEimEc.jpg

Yes, we all remember you posting this prior to last season's finale. And again earlier this offseason. It omits the last game of the season conveniently. You keep getting caught in the same little lie, though I keep calling you out on it. We were all waiting to see the powerhouse QB you were heralding based on PFFs ranking of Darnold over a THREE-WEEK stretch. Yes, three weeks. Week 14, Week 15, Week 16. Week 17 is not included in that silly small-sample sized post. But you can take a sample size of 17% of the season and argue that any professional athlete is elite/the best for that small stretch.

Now it's five weeks??

Anyway, here's what happened after we wasted our time reading your tweet and expecting to see a competent opponent under center.

Jets vs. Patriots - Game Summary - December 30, 2018 - ESPN

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots claimed two victories in one game.

Actually, it only took them about a half.

Tom Brady threw for three first-half touchdowns and New England clinched its ninth straight first-round bye in the playoffs on Sunday with a 38-3 victory over the New York Jets.

---

Jets rookie Sam Darnold, who had been playing well since returning from a foot injury, completed 16 of 28 passes for 167 yards, but he also had a fumble that gave New England a touchdown . In what turned out to be the final game for Jets coach Todd Bowles, New York (4-12) lost for the ninth time in 10 games.

Tell us again about how Darnold is ready to play with the big boys.

By the way, since you're using PFF, would you like to know who was their top-ranked QB over the full 17 game season, rather than a carefully selected three-game anomaly covering of 3 games? I don't see blockhead on there though.

PFF50: The NFL's 50 best players entering the 2019 season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | Pro Football Focus

Yes, we all remember you posting this prior to last season's finale. And again earlier this offseason. It omits the last game of the season conveniently. You keep getting caught in the same little lie, though I keep calling you out on it. We were all waiting to see the powerhouse QB you were heralding based on PFFs ranking of Darnold over a THREE-WEEK stretch. Yes, three weeks. Week 14, Week 15, Week 16. Week 17 is not included in that silly small-sample sized post. But you can take a sample size of 17% of the season and argue that any professional athlete is elite/the best for that small stretch.

Now it's five weeks??

Anyway, here's what happened after we wasted our time reading your tweet and expecting to see a competent opponent under center.

Jets vs. Patriots - Game Summary - December 30, 2018 - ESPN

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots claimed two victories in one game.

Actually, it only took them about a half.

Tom Brady threw for three first-half touchdowns and New England clinched its ninth straight first-round bye in the playoffs on Sunday with a 38-3 victory over the New York Jets.

---

Jets rookie Sam Darnold, who had been playing well since returning from a foot injury, completed 16 of 28 passes for 167 yards, but he also had a fumble that gave New England a touchdown . In what turned out to be the final game for Jets coach Todd Bowles, New York (4-12) lost for the ninth time in 10 games.

Tell us again about how Darnold is ready to play with the big boys.

By the way, since you're using PFF, would you like to know who was their top-ranked QB over the full 17 game season, rather than a carefully selected three-game anomaly covering of 3 games? I don't see blockhead on there though.

PFF50: The NFL's 50 best players entering the 2019 season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | Pro Football Focus

I believe you're knowledgeable enough to figure this one out on your own.

If not though, no big deal. Perhaps I'll explain it over the summer, or we'll just see how things go come Sept.

I'm not worried.

If not though, no big deal. Perhaps I'll explain it over the summer, or we'll just see how things go come Sept.

I'm not worried.

Jete fan be all "This time for sure..."

giphy.gif

Figure out WHAT? What the hell are you referring to?

I'm not worried.
Of course not. You simply can skip watching games like you did last season and feign ambivalence. After all, it's only football season -- not the all-important Jete off-season.

Screenshot_20190614-221322_Chrome.jpg

You're drunk Tuney. Sober up.

Here's a breakdown of why @JetFan79 is excited about Darnold's development. By the way, he didn't even play the last five weeks of the season (injured until the final four games), but keep repeating it.

Week 13 @ Buffalo (win) - 16/24 - 170 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 83.7 rating, 7.08 ypa
Week 14 Houston (loss) - 24/38 - 253 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 100.0 rating, 6.66 ypa
Week 15 Green Bay (loss) - 24/35 - 341 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 128.4 rating, 9.74 ypa
Week 16 New England (loss) - 16/28 - 167 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 74.6 rating, 5.96 ypa

It combines for a passer rating of 99.1 (average QB rating is now over 90). Basically Darnold had one good game, against a Packers team with a horrendous defense who had already shut it down for their season. Even including that anomaly, he averaged an inadequate 232 yards per game and the Jets scored 22.5 ppg, which is below average. Also, a low interception percentage during a 1-3 stretch, combined with the low point total and yardage total, just indicates he wasn't being aggressive enough to win games, though it is also explained by the small sample size, since Darnold is a turnover machine.

So a one-game statistical anomaly (which was a home loss to a bad team with a terrible defense) is serving as JeteFan's smoke and mirrors.

View attachment 23546

You're drunk Tuney. Sober up.

Oh no, he put the quote marker in the wrong place. This being tattled on by a guy who consistently embellishes the same disproved statistic despite being called out on it numerous times.

I'm not worried.

Figure out what on my own? That you are factually incorrect in claiming Darnold was PFF's highest rated QB over a five-game stretch, since it was in fact just three? You'd get a lot more respect if you'd just acknowledge this fact, or at the very least, stop re-posting incorrect information.

That's rich...a Jets fan throwing down some sort of challenge, like something over the summer or in September will change the fact that you're wrong. But yes, if you're going to irrationally stake the legitimacy of your post on an irrelevant after-the-fact event, it's always a good idea to bet your reputation on the Jets success on a football field.

I wouldn't be worried either. 3.13 or 6-10...why does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back