PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2019 Edition (Official): Entering A New Half-Century of Moronic Mediocrity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Darnold has received a lot of compliments over the past year-plus.

He hasn’t gotten one like this.

Jets wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson has clearly been in awe of the 22-year-old quarterback – and he won’t bother to pretend otherwise.

“Excuse my French when I say say this, but he’s a f------ dude,” Jefferson said. “He’s a f------ dude with a f------ arm and he’s accurate as s---. So excuse that."

Well, OK then.

Obviously, that’s an emphatic endorsement of Darnold’s skillset. But what exactly is it that’s wowed Jefferson so much in their few months together?

“It’s everything," Jefferson said. “The way that he works – he’s here early in the morning, he stays after, he probably doesn’t leave this building until six, seven at night. He’s in the old quarterback room. I’ve been so impressed with this kids work ethic and the way he attacks everything.

"It’s just been awesome to see a young kid like that. It’s almost like he’s been here before. He’s a young guy, but he has a lot of veteran attributes to him.”

Jefferson said that feeling has been contagious around his wide receivers. The level of trust between Darnold and his targets exists in large measure because they know he’s legit – even if he’s still a work in project at age 22.

“I haven’t been around a guy like that and it’s awesome to be around a guy like that,” Jefferson added. “He’s a dude."

Jets’ Sam Darnold will never get a better (or more profane) compliment than this
What the FECK is he supposed to say, dumbass?

Looks like Jefferson too has succumbed to the Sewer York "culture" of undeserved hyperbole.

Damn Darnit but I despise Sewer York & Sewer Yorkers.

What the FECK is he supposed to say, dumbass?

Looks like Jefferson too has succumbed to the Sewer York "culture" of undeserved hyperbole.

Damn Darnit but I despise Sewer York & Sewer Yorkers.

Don't be mad you don't have a dude.

Jets wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson has clearly been in awe of the 22-year-old quarterback – and he won’t bother to pretend otherwise.

“Excuse my French when I say say this, but he’s a f------ dude,” Jefferson said. “He’s a f------ dude with a f------ arm and he’s accurate as s---. So excuse that."

Well, OK then.

Obviously, that’s an emphatic endorsement of Darnold’s skillset. But what exactly is it that’s wowed Jefferson so much in their few months together?

“It’s everything," Jefferson said. “The way that he works – he’s here early in the morning, he stays after, he probably doesn’t leave this building until six, seven at night. He’s in the old quarterback room. I’ve been so impressed with this kids work ethic and the way he attacks everything.

"It’s just been awesome to see a young kid like that. It’s almost like he’s been here before. He’s a young guy, but he has a lot of veteran attributes to him.”

Jefferson said that feeling has been contagious around his wide receivers. The level of trust between Darnold and his targets exists in large measure because they know he’s legit – even if he’s still a work in project at age 22.

“I haven’t been around a guy like that and it’s awesome to be around a guy like that,” Jefferson added. “He’s a dude."

Jets’ Sam Darnold will never get a better (or more profane) compliment than this
What nonsense. He might be "accurate as sh!t" during OTAs, but so was Tim Tebow. When they start playing for real Darnit will revert back to prior form where observers noted "his accuracy is sh!t."

Last edited:
What nonsense. He might be "accurate as sh!t" during OTAs, but so was Tim Tebow. When they start playing for real Darnit will revert back to prior form where observers noted "his accuracy is sh!t."

No. Timmy was never, in any sense, anywhere remotely near accurate. Ever.

No. Timmy was never, in any sense, anywhere remotely near accurate. Ever.
Wrong once again. He could be very accurate in practice. It was during games that he always reverted back to unconsciously bad habits and his accuracy went in the toilet.

Wrong once again. He could be very accurate in practice. It was during games that he always reverted back to unconsciously bad habits and his accuracy went in the toilet.

I watched the douche practice. No lie, I was more accurate in high school. And I was a linebacker/punter/z-back.

I could probably punt more accurately than he could throw.

what is this... FIFTY ONE YEARS STRAIGHT of shyt buffets, Rat fan?

FU Mortensen

Last edited:

Well, OK then.

57.7% accuracy.

The article headline is true. He will never get a better compliment than this.

57.7% accuracy.

The article headline is true. He will never get a better compliment than this.
Jefferson was accustomed to Bledsoes work ethic so....

Bledsoe was what, 57% for his career? He's a ****ing dude.
I was making fun of Bledsoe's work ethic (which wasnt a 10th of TB12s

Drew was not an accurate QB

He was OK for the era he played, 57.2 percent. That was skewed a bit by his rookie season (49.9).

Don't be mad you don't have a dude.
All I can picture is that scene from Infinity War where the Guardians are all gathered around Thor, only it’s Brady laying on the table. “That’s not a dude, you’re a dude. That....that is a man. A handsome...muscular man.”

He was OK for the era he played, 57.2 percent. That was skewed a bit by his rookie season (49.9).
Borderline at best. Couple of years he was top 10 but most of the time he was bottom 1/3rd.

I was making the comparison that Bledsoe's comp% was 57%, and so was Sam Darnold's last year.

So to Shawn Jefferson, Darnold well might look like a ****ing dude.

Bledsoe was what, 57% for his career?

Couple of years he was top 10 but most of the time he was bottom 1/3rd.

I was making the comparison that Bledsoe's comp% was 57%, and so was Sam Darnold's last year.
Another gauge of proficiency might be yards per attempt. Don't know how Bledsoe vs Brady stacks-up there, and interceptions thrown/attempt should also be considered...like most statistics, these too need to be taken in context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back