PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2018 Edition (Official): Fifty Fabulous Years of Futility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's typical Jete suckage -- nothing more, nothing less. But at least you got a Hulk bobblehead out of it. You DID attend the game, right?

Nope. Didn't go to the game.

Oof. Bilal Powell, who seems inoffensive except that he plays for the Jets, to the IR with a neck injury.

The Wonder Years makes sense as a Jets obsession. The show is full of hope and promise. In the finale, Kevin’s father dies and then he doesn’t marry Winnie despite an intense love story and all indications they will end up together. This is the type of stuff Jets fans love. Depressing stuff. Like getting kicked in the balls.

The Wonder Years. A feel good show that went off the air when it’s lead actor sexually harassed someone. Gotta love that nostalgia.

Kevin Arnold’s back in the news lately:

The Wonder Years star Fred Savage sued for 'harassment and assault' | Daily Mail Online

The allegations relate to 2015 when Hwang claims Savage subjected her to verbal attacks in front of colleagues and once 'violently struck' her three times as she was brushing dandruff off his clothes.

The suit also notes allegations Savage abused female crew members by shouting at them to stop following him around and once screamed, 'Don't f***ing look at me!'
Typical Jete fan interaction with the fairer sex. Two ways they vie for attention from the ladies: (1) harassment/assault and if that doesn't work, (2) offering money.

The four worst completion percentages in the NFL among qualified QBs:

Mayfield - 57.8
Darnold - 56.1
Rosen - 55.0
Allen - 54.0

The four worst passer ratings in the NFL among qualified QBs:

Mayfield - 78.5 (Mariota is tied - he really sucks too)
Darnold - 74.3
Rosen - 66.0
Allen - 61.8

I've noticed a lot of Jete fans are down to comparing Darnold to the other three rookies as some kind of measuring stick. But it seems like a strong possibility that this class is just terrible and perhaps historically bad. They may be rookies, but they are easily the worst in the league, and the game has changed a lot in the modern era, where this type of horrendous start is not just a matter of growing pains but an answer as to whether or not they will make it.

Clipboards can't carry themselves though. There are some backup/third-string spots that will welcome these guys with open arms. My guess is the Bills, Browns, and Cardinals will figure it out and move on by the end of next year. The Jets will double down and probably offer Darnold a massive extension like they did with Sanchez. I'd say the next window of hope for the Jets is around 2026 or so.

The four worst completion percentages in the NFL among qualified QBs:

Mayfield - 57.8
Darnold - 56.1
Rosen - 55.0
Allen - 54.0

The four worst passer ratings in the NFL among qualified QBs:

Mayfield - 78.5 (Mariota is tied - he really sucks too)
Darnold - 74.3
Rosen - 66.0
Allen - 61.8

I've noticed a lot of Jete fans are down to comparing Darnold to the other three rookies as some kind of measuring stick. But it seems like a strong possibility that this class is just terrible and perhaps historically bad. They may be rookies, but they are easily the worst in the league, and the game has changed a lot in the modern era, where this type of horrendous start is not just a matter of growing pains but an answer as to whether or not they will make it.

Clipboards can't carry themselves though. There are some backup/third-string spots that will welcome these guys with open arms. My guess is the Bills, Browns, and Cardinals will figure it out and move on by the end of next year. The Jets will double down and probably offer Darnold a massive extension like they did with Sanchez. I'd say the next window of hope for the Jets is around 2026 or so.
I remember when a completion percentage above 50 percent was considered superior. Joe Namath's CAREER completion percentage was 50.1 and his CAREER rating was 65.5. Forty years ago those four rookies would be instant stars. Just shows how much the game has changed (for the worse, in my humble opinion).

With Jets fans, this might be an "I'm Spartacus" kind of thing, but that's the guy who punched the woman in the video Joker posted.

Yea, the pic is from the link in your previous post about the idiot not making the Jete Fan HOF, and I did slip the Wonder Years pic in there. I thought about doing one of those "spot the differences" pictures, but it's just so damn difficult to look at for an extended period of time.

The whole picture looks to be some sort of angry house salad. Disturbing

I remember when a completion percentage above 50 percent was considered superior. Joe Namath's CAREER completion percentage was 50.1 and his CAREER rating was 65.5. Forty years ago those four rookies would be instant stars. Just shows how much the game has changed (for the worse, in my humble opinion).

There needs to be more competitive balance and the league is a **** show because there is not. But Broadway Joe? He didn’t even have a good game after his drunken, idiotic guarantee ended up as front page news for some random reason. He got bailed out by his defense, but the legend is more interesting than the actual performance.

Eli and Namath need a separate wing in Canton so they don’t contaminate the other quarterbacks who belong there. The NY hype machine is a powerful thing.

Hopefully we hand it to the Jests after the bye week and give ol mcdarnold a big welcome to the Nfl.

"Ole McDarnold" :D

Edit:

Ole McDarnold threw a pick
E I E I O
And every pick went for six
E I E I O
With a pick six here
And a pick six there
Here a pick
There a pick
Everywhere a pick six
EEEE IIIIII EEEE IIII OOOOO

Last edited:
There needs to be more competitive balance and the league is a **** show because there is not. But Broadway Joe? He didn’t even have a good game after his drunken, idiotic guarantee ended up as front page news for some random reason. He got bailed out by his defense, but the legend is more interesting than the actual performance.

Eli and Namath need a separate wing in Canton so they don’t contaminate the other quarterbacks who belong there. The NY hype machine is a powerful thing.
Add the Rapist to that wing while you're at it.

Edit:

E I E I O
And every pick went for six
E I E I O
With a pick six here
And a pick six there
Here a pick
There a pick
Everywhere a pick six

verse 2:

And on this field he threw a duck
E I E I O
And every duck really sucked
E I E I O
With a duck pick here
And a duck pick there
Here a duck
There a duck
Everywhere a duck pick
Ole McDarnold threw a duck

Verse three (slight revision):

Young Dam Darnit played too soon
EIEI O

For coach Todd Bowles who's quite a loon
EIEI O

Oh the fans rebelled
And Woody caught hell

Here a loss there a loss
Everywhere a bad loss

Young Dam Darnit stinks like poo
EIEI O

Last edited:
The way Darnit has played the jete should have kept this guy and blown the pick on another position

Cover.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes