PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2018 Edition (Official): Fifty Fabulous Years of Futility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hi There! I SUCK...

i
[/SIZE]

I thought he played pretty well, considering...

Successful Sunday imo.
Jete amass a torrid 207 net yards offense, led by quarterback Dam Darnit going 14-29-150! Yes -- a successful Sunday, say the moronic Jete fans! Darnit shows amazing improvement completing nearly half his passes with no interceptions in the anemic losing effort! At 3-5, Jete are now en route to a 6-10 season record! The coveted off-season is only a little over two months away!

laughing and pointing .jpg

Last edited:
If you were cursed to be the GM of the Jets, are there any three players on your team that you wouldn't now trade for Patrick Mahomes, who you could've drafted in place of Jamal Adams?

Mahomes for Adams, Darnold, and Marcus Maye. You'd do that in a second, right?

If you were cursed to be the GM of the Jets, are there any three players on your team that you wouldn't now trade for Patrick Mahomes, who you could've drafted in place of Jamal Adams?

Mahomes for Adams, Darnold, and Marcus Maye. You'd do that in a second, right?
But they would've ruined Mahomes just like they ruined Buttfumbler and Gee-No! and are in the process of ruining Darnit. New Giants Stadium is where Jete QB careers go to die.

To put the Jete suckage in perspective we need to look at the fact that they have accomplished their Jete respectable 3-5 record against teams with a combined record of 26-34-2. That's a special kind of suckage.

I was trying to make this point during the offseason about the Jets idiotic and misplaced belief that you need to trade up to draft a quarterback, and the even more moronic idea that you should get in when the quarterback "draft class" is elite. These are two stupid assumptions made by Jets fans and more alarmingly their front office.

The Jets stupidly passed on the 2017 draft class because the quarterbacks were't enough for Mel Kiper and Todd McShay to declare it as a great one. This should be a signal that there could be a great opportunity. Instead, the Jets passed on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson, two extremely high-reward QBs who were available to them. Instead they drafted a safety (lol).

They then used three second round picks to move up a few slots to draft the mainstream consensus can't miss QB (if you ignore his senior season, even thout MacC apparently flew out to LA to watch every game Darnold played in, going into a level of confirmation bias rarely seen, ever.)

Meanwhile, here's a list of quarterbacks who were on the board when the Jets picked, but who they passed on, reinforcing how stupid it is to believe you can only get a franchise QB if you draft high, leapfrog over someone else, and land a guy in the top 3/top 5, as though the talent isn't there otherwise:

Hall of Fame/Notable QBs
Joe Montana
Steve Young (supplemental draft)
Dan Fouts
Fran Tarkenton
Roger Staubach
Danny White
Randall Cunningham
Dan Marino
Warren Moon
Brett Favre
Mark Rypien
Doug Flutie
Kurt Warner
Tony Romo
Rich Gannon
Ken Anderson
Joe Theismann
Boomer Esiason
Jim Harbaugh
Matt Hasselbeck

Active QBs
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Jimmy Garopollo
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Dak Prescott
Nick Foles

I was trying to make this point during the offseason about the Jets idiotic and misplaced belief that you need to trade up to draft a quarterback, and the even more moronic idea that you should get in when the quarterback "draft class" is elite. These are two stupid assumptions made by Jets fans and more alarmingly their front office.

The Jets stupidly passed on the 2017 draft class because the quarterbacks were't enough for Mel Kiper and Todd McShay to declare it as a great one. This should be a signal that there could be a great opportunity. Instead, the Jets passed on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson, two extremely high-reward QBs who were available to them. Instead they drafted a safety (lol).

They then used three second round picks to move up a few slots to draft the mainstream consensus can't miss QB (if you ignore his senior season, even thout MacC apparently flew out to LA to watch every game Darnold played in, going into a level of confirmation bias rarely seen, ever.)

Meanwhile, here's a list of quarterbacks who were on the board when the Jets picked, but who they passed on, reinforcing how stupid it is to believe you can only get a franchise QB if you draft high, leapfrog over someone else, and land a guy in the top 3/top 5, as though the talent isn't there otherwise:

Hall of Fame/Notable QBs
Joe Montana
Steve Young (supplemental draft)
Dan Fouts
Fran Tarkenton
Roger Staubach
Danny White
Randall Cunningham
Dan Marino
Warren Moon
Brett Favre
Mark Rypien
Doug Flutie
Kurt Warner
Tony Romo
Rich Gannon
Ken Anderson
Joe Theismann
Boomer Esiason
Jim Harbaugh
Matt Hasselbeck

Active QBs
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Jimmy Garopollo
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Dak Prescott
Nick Foles

And here's a list of QBs the Jets actually drafted:

Doug Archibald
Bob Bieletkoff
Al Woodall
Richard Todd
Dave Buckley
Matt Robinson
Pat Ryan
Dan Sanders
Ken O'Brien
Bill Ransdell
Troy Taylor
Browning Nagle
Jeff Blake
Glenn Foley
Check Clements
Chad Pennington
Brooks Bollinger
Kellen Clemens
Brad Smith
Eric Ainge
Mark Sanchez
Greg McElroy
Geno Smith
Tajh Boyd
Bryce Petty
Christian Hackenburg
Sam Darnold

They did draft the best QB they ever had in that group, of course, he lasted about 3 seasons before his shoulder turned to spaghetti.

You can get a great look at the collective IQ just by the thread titles at Gang Green.

Jamal Adams Says: Jets Were "Unprepared" in Week 8
Oh, if only they were better prepared. This sounds like the "short week" theme from our resident Jets fan @JetFan79

This season is over..
No ****. Did you just figure that out? Because the season has been over for the Jets since before it started.

Mike Macc - just as bad
But I'm sure you were one of those idiots jumping up and down with your pom poms when Mac when "all-in" a few years ago with high-priced 33 year-olds, and I'm sure you'll jump up and down the next time they go on a spending spree for mediocre players with their gigantic wad of cash to spend.

The philosophy of Defense first is abysmal
Except there is no philosophy of defense first. It's the philosophy of "our offense sucks so bad that we need to punt, so let's just pretend we're going for field position."

At least we aren’t the Giants.
At least you're not a 4X Super Bowl champion franchise, a legacy team in the NFL, and don't have a totally stacked roster that will take off as soon as you clear out your ageing QB next year.

Leonard Williams looks fat to me
You should write a note to him and send it in gym class. But don't sign it.

Jets to follow Bears blue-print???
Futile mediocrity sounds glorious. How do we get there?!

This team needs weapons <immediately> for Darnold
Normally a 55% completion rate gets the job done. Need better players watching the ball sailing past them.

There are a lot of knowledgeable football fans on this board...
We can tell.

What Don't We Need is the Better Question.....
That's not a question. Nor is it interesting.

Todd Haley-hire this beast?
Of course. Any time you get fired from the Browns on your last desperate stint in the NFL, you're Jets material.

Would my 6 year old make a better coach than TB?
I don't know, but I'm sure this post is filled with insight.

Crowell < Banana Peels
WTF?

One Year Away?
One year away from the next One Year Away thread.

Trade for Patrick Peterson Now!
Bingo. A team that has no chance to win 8 games, let alone the playoffs, should trade a high pick for a rental player.

Talk About the Weather/Darnold: Is the AFCE the least friendly-weather division in the NFL?
Oh no...Darnold is forced to play in cold weather. This is so uncool.

Trade Robby Anderson To The Eagles
The Eagles wanted an upgrade at receiver. Not an imaginary #1 receiver who is a practice squad player anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes