PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2018 Edition (Official): Fifty Fabulous Years of Futility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing a couple topics about the draft.
  1. Which QB, in the draft, will have the most success in the NFL?
  2. Which QB, in the draft, will wash out?
For answer #2, I think they get way to specific about picking a player and saying he has to work on his mechanics, yada, yada, yada

I think the correct answer to #2, will be whichever QB the JETS draft.

Friendly reminder, 35 years ago today, the Jets drafted Ken O'Brien instead of Dan Marino!

Who did the Pats draft in '83?

THIS JUST IN: Blind Squirrel Finds Acorn
In related news: Jete fan does something his team doesn't do much and actually scores.

Both O'Brien & New England would have been better off had the Pats taken him, never mind Marino. Still in spite of getting the far better player in typical Jete fashion they ended up netting nothing of lasting consequence while even ol' Duck n' Cover Champagne Tony actually made it to a SB.

Tony Eason who started as many Superbowls as Marino. OK, that's all I got for a (favorable) comparison between Eason and Marino.

Eason won as many as Marino also.

And the Jete still suck.

Why not answer the obvious question between JETE fans and Pats fans...

Between Eason and O'Brien, who went to the most Super Bowls?

This discussion also begs a second question:

Why try to defend a classic JETE 1983 blunder to try to make a "we picked better" (sic) point featuring... Ken O'Brien? I know in Jete land, O'Brien is considered to have been good, but he just wasn't.

Our present QB has thrown more touchdowns than Namath, Obrien, Todd, and Pennington combined - and there will be more.

O'Brien had an 0-3 playoff record. In 1985, 1 TD, 1 Int. In 1986, 0 TDs, 0 Int.s. In 1991, 1 TD, 3 int.s. The most he passed for ever in the playoffs was 224 yards.
Ken O'Brien Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Fun fact: O'Brien's 504 career playoff yards is one less than Brady threw for in the last Super Bowl (505).

So if your dream pick is the second coming of Ken O'freaking Brien, I am okay with that.

I've got it -- Maybe Ken O'Brien was The Chosen One-and-Done!

Our present QB has thrown more touchdowns than Namath, Obrien, Todd, and Pennington combined - and there will be more.

Fun fact: O'Brien's 504 career playoff yards is one less than Brady threw for in the last Super Bowl (505).

More Fun Facts: Our present QB has more career playoff wins than the Jete have total playoff games in their entire franchise history. The Jete do have him beat in at least one playoff category though, they do have more playoff losses

More Fun Facts: Our present QB has more career playoff wins than the Jete have total playoff games in their entire franchise history. The Jete do have him beat in at least one playoff category though, they do have more playoff losses

That QB was even nice enough to allow us to beat you in the playoffs in New England.

Swell fella.

That QB was even nice enough to allow us to beat you in the playoffs in New England. Swell fella.
That was SEVEN years ago! Just think, if something good happens to your team once every seven years, you'll have enough good memories to fill a thimble!

That was SEVEN years ago! Just think, if something good happens to your team once every seven years, you'll have enough good memories to fill a thimble!

Tonight will count as one.

That QB was even nice enough to allow us to beat you in the playoffs in New England.

Swell fella.

One of your whole 12 playoff wins in 59 years of existence. I guess when you have so few they become all the more memorable

Yet another date with Rosey Palms, eh? Who's bringing the lube -- your right hand, or your left hand?

After 5o straight years of getting continuously kicked in the balls you're somehow convinced it all ends tonight? That would be cute, were it not so pathetic.

Last edited:

Some of those Brady stats are amazing, astounding, staggering, dazzling, incredible, or any other word you can come up with. By the time he's done the list of his accomplishments will be so long that you'll have to use two posts to squeeze it all in here.

After 5o straight years of getting continuously kicked in the balls your somehow convinced it all ends tonight? That would be cute, were it not so parthetic.

Below is one of my favorite comparisons. The column on the left contains the Pats' double digit winning seasons with Tom Brady as the QB. The column on the right contains all of the double digit winning seasons in Jete history;

11-11
14-10
14-10
10-11
12-10
16-12
10-10
14-10
13-10
12-11
12-10

Proving yet again that the Jete really do suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back