PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe: Pats in market for a WR and TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no sense unless you are tagging him. Which with their reported cap hell is unlikely. The Dolphins are seemingly the only team that knows how to tank properly while setting themselves up for the future. Good for them.

Hooper is a talented, young TE. Something not that easy to find and at his age can easily be around for the post Julio Jones/Matt Ryan era.

If he was hitting 30 like Sanu he'd be on the block.

Hooper is a talented, young TE. Something not that easy to find and at his age can easily be around for the post Julio Jones/Matt Ryan era.

He's improved steadily with each year and is all of 25 years old. He's on pace for over 100 catches and 1000 yards. If anything, it was Hooper's breakout this year into a reliable receiver (he had hinted at in the past but never put it all together) that made Sanu expendable at the right price. Sanu was fourth in the pecking order for targets in Atlanta (but was still productive).

Other teams aren't falling over themselves to trade young studs to the Patriots, believe it or not.

Makes no sense unless you are tagging him. Which with their reported cap hell is unlikely. The Dolphins are seemingly the only team that knows how to tank properly while setting themselves up for the future. Good for them.

your argument sadly makes no sense.

He's improved steadily with each year and is all of 25 years old. He's on pace for over 100 catches and 1000 yards. If anything, it was Hooper's breakout this year into a reliable receiver (he had hinted at in the past but never put it all together) that made Sanu expendable at the right price. Sanu was fourth in the pecking order for targets in Atlanta (but was still productive).

Other teams aren't falling over themselves to trade young studs to the Patriots, believe it or not.

I'm not expecting the Pats to get him, I'm just saying their only sure way of keeping is the Tag. He's a FA after the season from what I understand so why not get something for him. Tunsil is a young franchise LT and the Dolphins shipped him out when they got a great offer for him. I think if someone offers something enticing you have to take it and try to resign him the off-season.

The question the Falcons have to ask is 'is he going to want to come back and play for a ****ty team?'. I think they keep and tag him personally but I don't necessarily think that's the best idea for him.

your argument sadly makes no sense.

Illuminate me. I'm honestly asking for good ideas on what the Falcons should do besides tag him.

I'm not expecting the Pats to get him, I'm just saying their only sure way of keeping is the Tag. He's a FA after the season from what I understand so why not get something for him. Tunsil is a young franchise LT and the Dolphins shipped him out when they got a great offer for him. I think if someone offers something enticing you have to take it and try to resign him the off-season.

The question the Falcons have to ask is 'is he going to want to come back and play for a ****ty team?'. I think they keep and tag him personally but I don't necessarily think that's the best idea for him.

At worst the Falcons will get a 3rd round comp pick for him, so even if they were willing they'd probably need a 1st at least to move him. So you're giving up a 1st for a player who's a UFA at the end of the year. It's not happening.

I didn't take the comp pick into account, thanks. Can they get more than a 3rd for him though?

I didn't take the comp pick into account, thanks. Can they get more than a 3rd for him though?

Not more but less (as in nothing depending on how they approach FA).

A 3rd-rounder for Hooper is better than a 3rd-rounder for Eifert...

Talk about Pats interested in Tile Eifart.

It would be great for Tile to properly teach LaGlass how to get injured.

Can anyone plz me why the pats are interested in eifert? Bungles asking for 3rd round pick for a guy that’s basically a dinosaur who doesn’t do anything on offense. We have enough of that at tight end already. Talk about a player being overhyped.

Garofolo said Brady pushed for the Sanu trade.

Can anyone plz me why the pats are interested in eifert? Bungles asking for 3rd round pick for a guy that’s basically a dinosaur who doesn’t do anything on offense. We have enough of that at tight end already. Talk about a player being overhyped.

I live in Cincinnati and am a manager at a local sports retail spot. From what I've gathered, Eifert had one great year and has just been unreliable since. Hard to truly judge anyone out of that horrible team (and I promise you, everything in that stadium is terribly ran), but you can't argue his injury history.

Could the NFLPA push for an overhaul of the doctor situation in the NFL, making it so doctors are appointees by the NFLPA? There would be a proximity effect to address (presumably these doctors would have their offices in their respective stadiums), but I wonder if that would be a good step in protecting the health of players and keeping it biased in the CORRECT direction.

Any thoughts? Not sure how much leverage the NFLPA really has.

Garofolo said Brady pushed for the Sanu trade.

Last time he supposedly swung his **** around it didnt help to keep AB. So not sure why a) I should believe that Brady has anything to say about the roster or b) what he says has any weight for the people who are in charge.

Not entirely accurate, but funny nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News