PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JC Jackson has the best passer rating allowed in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell if he can have a career like Chris Harris for the Broncos that would already be an absolute jackpot.
wouldn't that be better?

wouldn't that be better?

Are you implying that Chris Harris is better than Gilmore?
That's ridiculous. Harris is and has been a very good cb, but he's not in the same class as Gilmore. Gilmore was arguably the best cb in the NFL last year. He's in the top 3 for sure.
Jackson does have the tools to be one of the best and he's already shown some of that in games.
The Patriots have the best starting pair of cbs in the league. And JJ is very good.
We don't even know what Dawson can do. Combine that with one of best safety groups in the league, tho they are starting to age, and this is probably the best overall secondary in the NFL.

Are you implying that Chris Harris is better than Gilmore?
That's ridiculous. Harris is and has been a very good cb, but he's not in the same class as Gilmore. Gilmore was arguably the best cb in the NFL last year. He's in the top 3 for sure.
Jackson does have the tools to be one of the best and he's already shown some of that in games.
The Patriots have the best starting pair of cbs in the league. And JJ is very good.
We don't even know what Dawson can do. Combine that with one of best safety groups in the league, tho they are starting to age, and this is probably the best overall secondary in the NFL.

No I'm implying that having the career of Chris Harris Jr would be better.

Seems like a bit much but ok.
Yeah, the kid showed promise in his rookie year, but some of the comments are ridiculous. I’d love to hear what Parcells would have to say about him.

He has 1st round talent, him getting in trouble is why he went undrafted.

Yeah, the kid showed promise in his rookie year, but some of the comments are ridiculous. I’d love to hear what Parcells would have to say about him.

Yeah it's one thing to have physical skills and potential, and to even flash some of that potential. But let's see him do it for a year or 2. He's got a ways to go to reach Gilmore's level.
I'll say this-- I don't know if there's another young cb( 2 yrs or less) that I'd take over him. Not to mention he's cheap.(for now)

"Shes coming along good". or , "Let's not put the Boy Wonder in Canton just yet".

Some stats on Jackson halfway through his second season:

12.2 passer rating allowed (1st)
0.54 yards per snap (1st)
34.8% comp pct (1st)
4 penalties 54 yards

At least half the penalties were BS too.

I can't remember what game it was, but the network showed a graphic about the best corners in terms of completion percentage allowed in the whole NFL and JC was one and Gilmore was two. That is when you know you have it good.

Amazing that he was a FA signing. Same with Butler. Pats know how to scout defense. WRs....not so much...but maybe that’s changing. Meyers looks legit.

Monti needs to be the guy promoted if Caserio ever leaves. Monti has found SO MANY elite gems off the undrafted or college prospects list.

JC Jackson is crushing it in coverage. Gilmore is the #1 corner in the league. Collins is #1 or 2 among coverage linebackers. Then you still have pro bowl McCourty and 3-time-champ Chung back there. This defense is beyond sick.

JC Jackson is already a very good cb.
But he's not close to being in Gilmores league. Yet.
Gilmore always covers the best wr and what he's doing this year is sick. He was the best in the NFL last year and again so far this year.
Gilmore is also in dpoy conversation along with Jamie Collins.
Pats had the best and deepest secondary in the league last year. But they're better this year.
Jonathan Jones is one of the best slot cbs in the league and Jason mccourty is better this year. Add the 3 top safeties and that's 7 high quality dbs who all bring different skills. Not even to mention Joe Juan,who has huge potential.
Having a great secondary has become more important than having a great passrush. The Pats have both along with a deep, versatile,talented lb corps.
But the secondary is the strongest unit of the 3. This D is legit.

You can't run cover zero unless all of your DB's are getting it done. Nobody is getting picked on back there. I was actually shocked on that Landry 1st down that he had so much separation until they called the OPI. That splained it.

Some stats on Jackson halfway through his second season:

12.2 passer rating allowed (1st)
0.54 yards per snap (1st)
34.8% comp pct (1st)
4 penalties 54 yards
Jackson vs Jackson next week :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes