PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JC Jackson has the best passer rating allowed in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love JC.

Only real way to measure how GOOD he is matchups.

With that said he's dominating his WR3/4 opponent.

Some stats on Jackson halfway through his second season:

12.2 passer rating allowed (1st)
0.54 yards per snap (1st)
34.8% comp pct (1st)
4 penalties 54 yards
...and he wasn't targeted at all last week.

...and he wasn't targeted at all last week.

If he can adopt the same work ethic as Gilmore, JC could be something special.
Speaking of Gilmore, can you ever remember a more soft-spoken superstar in any sport? He is a quiet assassin.
A stone cold killah. He's a baaaaad mfer.

Speaking of Gilmore, can you ever remember a more soft-spoken superstar in any sport? He is a quiet assassin.
Agree. There aren't too many CBs who are reserved.

Here is Gilly's wallet.

71ZAapyoyPL._AC_UY1000_MSAWEBPEXP_.jpg

He needs to polish how he holds. He makes it too easy not to call. The best holder was Revis, he did it so well, if he wanted to turn his head while running, he will hold just a tad to make sure you are not turning or doing any funny movement, then immediately lift his hand once he gets an idea where the ball will be going. Revis should teach that tech, it will probably require someone with the same speed as him or better though.

I think JC Jackson is the weakest link of our main defensive back group. And that is hardly an insult given how awesome the group is. He’s a good player but if I’m another team I’d be attacking Jackson in man coverage. He gets beat more frequently than the other guys but QBs have been unable to accurately deliver the ball or he has gotten flagged, rightfully, for holding.

I think JC Jackson is the key to this whole defense. All the man coverage, cover 0, blitzing, general reign of terror type stuff is due to one key idea.

There a probably only a few shutdown corners in the league. We have two of them. Let that sink in.

Having Gilmore is not that crazy, a few teams have great corners, although I think he’s the best. But having someone like JC Jackson pushes everyone else down the depth chart and makes them better as well.

We have the best nickel and dime corners because on most teams they would be the #1 or #2 corner.

Value wise, bang for buck, he is an absolute steal.

I was actually just talking to a buddy about that today. He talks his trash like all top corners do. The difference is that he does it so damn calmly but his insults are actually pretty brutal lol. Absolutely love him.

I think JC Jackson is the key to this whole defense. All the man coverage, cover 0, blitzing, general reign of terror type stuff is due to one key idea.

There a probably only a few shutdown corners in the league. We have two of them. Let that sink in.

Having Gilmore is not that crazy, a few teams have great corners, although I think he’s the best. But having someone like JC Jackson pushes everyone else down the depth chart and makes them better as well.

We have the best nickel and dime corners because on most teams they would be the #1 or #2 corner.

As an aside, Jackson is closer to the dime corner than the nickel; he hasn't started a single game this year, and generally has the lowest snap count of the four main CBs [Gilmore, JMac, Jones, Jackson].

Duncan, Nowitzki, Kawhi

What PI vs CLE? I don't recall...

I think he thought you meant last week (Jets), not last game. He was targeted once against the Browns I believe on that offensive PI call.

I think he thought you meant last week (Jets), not last game. He was targeted once against the Browns I believe on that offensive PI call.
Ah ok.

I think Jones is outperforming him so far this year. I think Jones has been our second best CB. He's one of the most underrated players in the NFL.

I think Jones is outperforming him so far this year. I think Jones has been our second best CB. He's one of the most underrated players in the NFL.

They’re all studs. It’s insane how good our secondary is.

And someone suggested trading him and a pick for the oft Injured TE Howard. I wonder if people actually think things through people they speak their mind.

And someone suggested trading him and a pick for the oft Injured TE Howard. I wonder if people actually think things through people they speak their mind.

Even better: the alleged rumor was a pick plus Jonathan Jones.

Duncan, Nowitzki, Kawhi

Agreed.
Lotta similarities between the championship Spurs teams and the Patriots.
But what stands out about Gilmore is most cbs are chest- beating loudmouths.
I'd also add Barry Sanders to that list.

I was actually just talking to a buddy about that today. He talks his trash like all top corners do. The difference is that he does it so damn calmly but his insults are actually pretty brutal lol. Absolutely love him.

Last week vs Browns with about a minute left in first quarter, Brooks was jawing with one of the Browns ( score was 17-0). Obviously couldn't hear what was said but Brooks just pointed to the scoreboard... trash talking with a mike drop.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back