PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins takes a shot at Pats on Instagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Collins's career is in a fragile state. Its not out of the relm of possibility that teams watching that pathetic excuse of effort he displayed yesterday might get scared them off and the bidding war is very luke warm. He would then be forced to take a decent (not big-tme) deal on a crappy team (like CLE) and be surrounded by crappy talent with a crappy coach and a crappy owner.

His career, once promising is now.....crappy.

It's amazing how quickly that happened, at least from our fans view. One day, we were discussing his extension, now if he'll have any market. The NFL really does stand for not for long!

Yeah, for what it's worth the Browns fans love him and think he's immediately stepped in and become one of their best players (even if that doesn't take much).

He probably is one of their best players. I remember calling my friend the Browns fan the day the Pats traded Collins. He hadn't heard about him and I was telling him what a good player he is. Too bad it never worked out here for him. He was fun to watch.

Doesn't matter,he wasn't with the program, or has a real effort problem. Either way, he had to go. BB doesn't let the 1 bad apple spoil the bunch, if he can help it.

BTW chatham, who's opinion I respect, says the tandem of McClellin and Van Noy got the job done. Not making highlight films, but if we have a defense that's co-ordinated, we can win. we'll score points.

current ass-hat Pat players liking that tweet too. Idiots

I can understand what must be going through a player's mind when he's looking at a possible contract that could improve his entire family's life for generations to come, I really do. I honestly could understand the mindset of freelancing and trying to showcase your talents for that contract. Not that that's what I would personally do, but I get it.

The lack of effort on the ODB play yesterday told me that he just doesn't care anymore. Turn it around buddy, or you'll never get to "where you need to be."
he will get paid enough to survive, poor baby

Judging by that embarrassing effort he made chasing OBJ... that feeling is mutual.

Come on. That was an all-out walk.

Collins won a Super Bowl ring with the Patriots and made the Pro Bowl last year. His career was in ascendency. He only had to continue doing what he had done before and he was guaranteed a big payday, either here or somewhere else. Evidently that formula was too complex for him to assimilate. I wouldn't be surprised at anything that comes out from such a player.

Last edited:
Hard to believe a winner would be happy playing fball in Cleveland. Makes me wonder what was so awful about being in NE. Especially since hundreds of players praise the way NE runs things.

He's not the Show. The team is the Show.

He's not the Show. The team is the Show.

So you suspect Collins wanted himself to be the highlight ? Instead of the team-first BB style ?

Thanking God for being 0-12?

hes going to get his money, and probably zero more wins this year.

Actually, I don't think he will be getting his money. His play has been questionable in Cleveland. If anything, I think by trading him to the Browns, the Pats destroyed his future.

hes going to get his money, and probably zero more wins this year.

You think the Browns can pull off the perfect defeated season?

They could get nervous and win in week 16, right when they appear poised to become, as the late great Junior Seau put it, "part of ever."

So you suspect Collins wanted himself to be the highlight ? Instead of the team-first BB style ?

Yeah, and I think the coaches were probably hard on him for it. Not everyone buys into BB, JM, MP, etc.

So what to make of someone I'd have thought was a good team player, Harmon, liking that post ? Am I just falling into the PC/social media obsessed 2016 abyss ?

jamie collins being in BB's doghouse still surprises me. A few years ago in the AFCCG after Collins intercepted Luck, he went to the bench and BB walked right up to him, patted him hard on the shoulder pads and said "thats why you're here." can't believe what has transpired since.

he will get paid enough to survive, poor baby
I get it.... "he gets paid way more than me, so I don't feel the need to empathize."

Tell me though, if you found out you would make between $5mil and $100mil on a contract between 1 and 6 years based on your performance over a 6 month span, that those differences wouldn't f*** with your head a little. I would like to think that I would stick with what got me there, but I could see how some people would overthink it and ruin their chances.

We're talking all college education, housing etc paid for down through to your great great grandkids. Esp considering where a lot of these guys come from, it's a lot of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back