PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins takes a shot at Pats on Instagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His flash is what causes some fans to wet themselves but the reality is this. He's pretty much the same exact player he was when he broke out against Indy and his tackles have gone down every year. I'm not breaking the bank for a guy that cares more an IG message than his play.

I'd take Thomas Davis over him anyday of the week. Davis is actually what people think Collins is without the inconsistencies and headaches. One of the most underrated players in the league.

Hard to believe a winner would be happy playing fball in Cleveland. Makes me wonder what was so awful about being in NE. Especially since hundreds of players praise the way NE runs things.

Ooooooh. Such burn.

Here's a tip for Jamie: you're on a team that might go 0-16.

I can understand what must be going through a player's mind when he's looking at a possible contract that could improve his entire family's life for generations to come, I really do. I honestly could understand the mindset of freelancing and trying to showcase your talents for that contract. Not that that's what I would personally do, but I get it.

The lack of effort on the ODB play yesterday told me that he just doesn't care anymore. Turn it around buddy, or you'll never get to "where you need to be."

Ooooooh. Such burn.

Here's a tip for Jamie: you're on a team that might go 0-16.

Maybe he's more comfortable that way. During his senior year, wasn't Southern Miss 0-12? o_O

Definitely a reference to football.

I think some of you underestimate the immaturity of some of these guys.

Still wish he was here, I believe his mere presence would be a benefit to the defense, at least in terms of forcing the opponent to adjust to what he was able to do, but what the hell do I know about what BB/MP believe is what is best for team and why.

With that said, I go back to a comment Patfanken made right away about Collins, which was that Collins may just not have been happy playing in New England. Maybe it was about money; more and more I think you are going to see guys treat their NFL career as a very short window in which they must maximize their income no matter what, prioritizing it above winning. That was my take with Derrelle Revis. As a fan I find it disappointing, but with the physical toll the game takes on just about everyone who plays it, who could blame him for that. Especially given what we see as an ever-increasing power grab by the owners and their Gestapo in the league office. Perhaps it was something else that was not directly related to the Patriots; issues involving his family, friends, cold weather, etc. I'm from here, have traveled extensively around the country and the world, lived here and there for brief periods of time on different assignments, but would never want to live anywhere else, but New England is not everyone's cup of tea by any means. And of course, it may just be that it was the organization. It is not an indictment of BB, the Krafts, or anyone else if a few of the players "just aren't into them."

I wish the guy well, in all respects, and appreciated the excitement his "flashes" would bring. Will it suck if he winds up with a hated rival like the NYJ or Donkeys, yes for sure but such is life and I'm confident the Pats system will continue to produce great results for us so long as BB and TFB are in the picture

That dude's agent ****ed him up. That's the only explanation I have how he went from a player who offensive coaches used to game plan around to a player coaches happily go after.

not a shoot at pats at all IMO and 34 tackles 1 sack and 1 FF in 4 games all while learning a new playbook and system says his a good player

Yeah, for what it's worth the Browns fans love him and think he's immediately stepped in and become one of their best players (even if that doesn't take much).

Still wish he was here, I believe his mere presence would be a benefit to the defense, at least in terms of forcing the opponent to adjust to what he was able to do, but what the hell do I know about what BB/MP believe is what is best for team and why.

I think the word is that the Pats wanted to use him situationally in a reduced role, but he wasn't very willing.

Yeah, it's too bad he didn't take the high road here.

Obviously we won't know what went down, but what we do know is that he went from a Super Bowl winning/annual contending team to a the O-fer Cleveland Browns. I can understand if he needs to vent a little bit. For him to try to convince himself that he is better off makes him look silly (no one is buying it), but I can understand why he frustrated.

If you take it as a shot at the Patriots then it's also a shot at his current team, which IMO is far worse. His poor teammates still have to put their bodies on the line for four more games, and he sounds like he can't wait to abandon them.

Not sure "used to be" is a term that could be used to describe a current situation.

in reality he regrets not being on the Pats right now

The Pats, through their "useful idiots" (a Fidel Castro term) in the media, have been take unveiled shots at Collins since the trade. Now you are aghast that he might be fighting back?

Who knows what he means, or what he is talking about, it could be his life in general, it could be relationship. But even if it is football related, can you blame him?
Actually if he cares about his career he should start acting like a professional.

I dont know if it is taking a shot or not...lots of ways to interpret that....but he looked real good yesterday ;) Im sure that contract is getting bigger each game he plays for the Browns...

Yeah, it's too bad he didn't take the high road here.
Well, given that NE management also didn't take the high road (by having surrogates come out of the woodwork and slam him only after he left) I can't really blame him.

It's never a good thing to watch talent go to waste but it's pointless having a million dollar body when it's run by a five cent head.

Brandon Spikes had said something about being in hell while he was here and a few years later couldn't wait to be back.... before he blew it.

I hope for his sake his career doesn't follow the same path, but Jamie's not off to a good start.

Brandon Spikes had said something about being in hell while he was here and a few years later couldn't wait to be back.... before he blew it.

I hope for his sake his career doesn't follow the same path, but Jamie's not off to a good start.

I think Collins's career is in a fragile state. Its not out of the relm of possibility that teams watching that pathetic excuse of effort he displayed yesterday might scare them off and the bidding war becomes is luke warm. He would then be forced to take a decent (not big-tme) deal on a crappy team (like CLE) and be surrounded by crappy talent with a crappy coach and a crappy owner.

His career, once promising is now.....crappy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents