PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins Appreciation Thread

what does that even mean? 90.1 what?

Using Jamie Collins sparingly allows us to deploy him like a 'secret weapon' where we put him in specific game situations where he can display/use his freak athleticism.

I don't want him at a full time role. Also think Bentley has been good. If it wasn't for Bentley we'd be in alot of trouble given the injuries / play of some of our other lbers.

A consistent grade of 80 across all games in a season would be an outstanding year for a player. So a grade of 90 (out of 100) means a really good performance for tha game.

Using Jamie Collins sparingly allows us to deploy him like a 'secret weapon' where we put him in specific game situations where he can display/use his freak athleticism.

I don't want him at a full time role. Also think Bentley has been good. If it wasn't for Bentley we'd be in alot of trouble given the injuries / play of some of our other lbers.
Bentley has been more than fine this year.

We love you, Jamie (at veteran’s minimum)

Rotating all the guys along the defensive front is smart, pass rush and man coverage are tiring. Rotating players in keeps them from wearing down.

As long as the Pat's offense doesn't turn the ball over, prevents penalties and sustains drives this is one of the best D's in the NFL. Collins is still a stud, nothing has changed with him. He and Judon on the edges are a menace and will only get better as the season progresses assuming health.

It’s a PFF rating. It’s inherently meaningless. Earlier this season PFF had Deatrich Wise as our best defender and Matthew Judon rated below Harvey Langi.

Just to put that 0.17 time in context, world class sprinters had an average reaction time of 0.16 in the first round of their races. In the final round it was 0.14. And reaction time to a sound is actually a bit faster than to a visual cue.

So in reality Collins anticipated the throw here. Still an amazing reaction time.

Just to put that 0.17 time in context, world class sprinters had an average reaction time of 0.16 in the first round of their races. In the final round it was 0.14. And reaction time to a sound is actually a bit faster than to a visual cue.

So in reality Collins anticipated the throw here. Still an amazing reaction time.
Even with the understanding that he anticipated, how the hell does one catch this? I still can't get enough. This is EA sports like.

Last edited:
Even with the understanding that he anticipated, how the hell does one catch this? I still can't get enough. This is EA sports like.

Jamie Collins is a freakishly good defensive player. He should be playing over 50 defensive snaps a game, not only 16 like last game. Give him all of Bentley's snaps.

Even practicing this 20 times with no OLine just a ball machine, this is an incredibly difficult feat even for a WR nevermind a linebacker.

Aaaand now he's on IR. Anyone know why?

Jamie Collins is a freakishly good defensive player. He should be playing over 50 defensive snaps a game, not only 16 like last game..............

".............................damn you McDaniels !!!! "

We are using the right way this season. He is not an every down LB. He will hold up this way.

You've gone and jinxed him. Go stand in the corner.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back