PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins Appreciation Thread

Betterthanmost

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Keep feeding Jamie, keep feeding....
His int vs the Panthers is a work of art.

usatsi_13544011-e1634137629345.jpg

Super athletic but disappears. I hope to see more of this type of play in the next few weeks, but it’s def not what I expect.
We are using the right way this season. He is not an every down LB. He will hold up this way.

Excellent player. One of the best pass defending LBs in the league. Was almost a defensive MVP in 2019. Give Collins all of Bentley's snaps asap.

Excellent player. One of the best pass defending LBs in the league. Was almost a defensive MVP in 2019. Give Collins all of Bentley's snaps asap.

No, this is how he disappears come end of season. I like how they are using the LBs situationally.

No, this is how he disappears come end of season. I like how they are using the LBs situationally.

The 2019 team collapsing was not because of Collins. Can you provide evidence that he has poor stamina or wears down over the season? He's a physical freak. He's one of the defense's best players.

That jumping INT is what happens when you’re playing QB in Madden and you shut it off because it’s unrealistic.

It was such a ridiculous play, that the announcers didn't even make a call because they couldn't tell what just happened. They were probably waiting to see the ball bounce somewhere on another batted pass.

Except for the AFCCG against the Broncos where he got scorched twice by Owen Daniels for a TD

We are using the right way this season. He is not an every down LB. He will hold up this way.
I think we’re finally to the point where he accepts this role. He’s worn out his welcome to rest of the NFL. We’re his best option now.

The 2019 team collapsing was not because of Collins. Can you provide evidence that he has poor stamina or wears down over the season? He's a physical freak. He's one of the defense's best players.

Evidence? I will just say that he has been accused of disappearing and my take is that, he gets worn down as the season goes on especially in the seasons where there was no Hightower and he had to play a lot. Do you agree that he disappears down the stretch or not?
Yes he is a physical freak but does not mean he is indestructible. Playing for the Pats the last twenty years meant you played a lot of games more than all these other teams. People are wondering what has happen to the Chiefs. My simple answer is that they are paying the toll for playing deep into seasons the last few years. The body breaks down and sometimes needs a recharge with a short season if there is no high turnover of players from year to year.

Bruschi made plays like this. Credited the coaching staff for forcing the lbers to catch bullets thrown from 1 yd away as a part of practice.

Nice to see the more things change ..the more they stay the same.

::Sheds tear::

Incredible INT. Did he get hurt on this play? It looked like he got up slow. Did he play much after this play?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back