PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars sign (edit: cut) Tebow

I was going to write a polite answer explaining why the two situations have nothing in common... then I saw your other post (first quote).

You are not interested in discussing the issue/story, you have a clear agenda and are one of THOSE people.

I'll just wish you a good day and move on.
Smart move!! This “person” would embarrass you with facts. You clearly could not grasp the context of my original post. You made it political.....and in true liberal fashion, you are butt hurt and can’t accept anyone else’s point of view.
The only comparable attribute that they share is their first initial.
Wasn’t comparing them....was bringing up the fact that people off write people off due to age....every preseason since 2014 we heard BRADY was done. Would be impressive if some of these ham brains could put politics aside and see what happens!

I'm sensing some extreme animus emanating from Casa PJ...my answer? When life gets you down, stare at a clown...a Tebow clown :p:p:p

TebowClown1.jpg
I enjoy watching a kapernik-less NFL....that brightens my day!

Wasn’t comparing them....was bringing up the fact that people off write people off due to age....every preseason since 2014 we heard BRADY was done. Would be impressive if some of these ham brains could put politics aside and see what happens!
Nothing political about Teblows NFL career at all. Nothing to do with age or some mythical comeback or comparing to Brady's age (which is a ****ing insult). Mostly just about religion as in one long Hail Mary prayer. But if he makes it, good for him. For me, he ain't a Patriot so I don't really care...just annoyed I have to see this goddamned thread through the summer, kinda like that Tampa Bay thread.

Nothing political about Teblows NFL career at all. Nothing to do with age or some mythical comeback or comparing to Brady's age (which is a ****ing insult). Mostly just about religion as in one long Hail Mary prayer. But if he makes it, good for him. For me, he ain't a Patriot so I don't really care...just annoyed I have to see this goddamned thread through the summer, kinda like that Tampa Bay thread.
There is a thread ignore feature. Ignore the thread. Takes less time than complaining.

There is a thread ignore feature. Ignore the thread. Takes less time than complaining.
I should say, "See Joker's post," but no, I will not ignore what I feel is stupid, especially off-topic stupid. Never will ignore a thread. Might not participate or like or agree with any post but doesn't mean not appreciate. Also, I have 1 guy on ignore and no, not him, or the other guy, or the 2 or 3 who feel everything is wrong with what's being done with the team, and not even all the guys who profess to know everything. That's all the good stuff. So I'll complain because I feel like it's the right thing to do as a Pats fan on a Pats Fan site. And if that doesn't make me from New England, well, just **** it and ignore me. Thanks.

It’s the odd...fairytale and non fairytale stories that make the season a little more interesting. I thought we should have kept AB last year. Could care less about his off the field antics. But we have too many delicate flowers in this town who can’t handle others private lives!

what the hell fun is that? I love complaining...makes me feel like I belong...

No worries. You belong everywhere. We all have an eccentric grumpy old Uncle Joe who conditioned us.

Tebow is one of the worst qbs I have ever seen, but I want to see if he can actually play tight end. Tight end is the position he should have been tried at from day 1. His age is overblown imo. He is probably healthier/faster etc today than the last time he was in the nfl. His body got a true vacation.

Wow! You really hate the guy and you’re wrong about his speed and athleticism. The guy ran a 6.66 3 cone drill. He was Edelman like quick in a broad, strong 240 lb body. There was a reason teams and scouts were salivating over the idea of him switching positions. He was an athletic freak with great instincts on the field. I doubt he can do it at this point, but why not try. He will be one of 90 on the roster. He won’t be a a traditional TE, but potentially a Taysom Hill type.
I'm indifferent to him. It's his delusional fans I am a sick of. Great instincts on the field? He couldn't even read defenses. There is no way in hell, even in his prime, Tebow would ever make it as a TE in today's NFL. And absolutely nobody was ever salivating over him playing TE. What most people said was that he was too small, stiff and slow. They were right then, and even more so now. This is a circus. Sorry the facts bother you. But it is what it is. There is a reason not a single team in the NFL offered him a tryout at TE except the clown who used to coach him who seems to think he's going to run the Jags the way he did college teams. This is snafu number two for him in a very short period

I think that this move shows that Urban Meyer is naive about the NFL. I suspect that Trevor Lawrence is in for a rocky road.

I think that this move shows that Urban Meyer is naive about the NFL. I suspect that Trevor Lawrence is in for a rocky road.
Tells me he’s looking for a guy to play the Taysom Hill role. I doubt Tebow makes it out of camp. He’s spent 8 years out of football and injuries haven’t been kind during his baseball try, but it’s still worth a shot. The worst that happens is he sucks and is cut before the season. At best, he gives the team a legitimate threat to keep defenses honest and a leader in the locker room. It’s not exactly like Meyer is gambling his mortgage on a game of Blackjack.

If Belichick had done this, the entire non-bigoted portion of the country would be calling it a brilliant move, pointing to last year's TE struggles, and talking about chess and checkers. As this thread shows, the bigots would be bigots under pretty much any conditions.

I’m rooting for him to make the team, based solely on the fact that I like to see things happen that almost never happen. A 33-year old switching to TE for the first time in his life, after a somewhat failed career as a QB and minor league baseball player, would be quite a story. It would seem like a really uphill battle for Tebow though, just based on a bird’s eye view if the challenge.

Also, the guy seems like a great person. I’m not a Christian. I view most organized religions, and especially the publicized ones, as hypocrisy. But you have to view everyone as an individual. Tebow has, by all accounts, walked the walk and is the type of person who makes the world a better place by giving back to society and being humble.

If Belichick had done this, the entire non-bigoted portion of the country would be calling it a brilliant move, pointing to last year's TE struggles, and talking about chess and checkers. As this thread shows, the bigots would be bigots under pretty much any conditions.
Not sure how speculating about fantasy people in fantasy land helps your argument in the real world, where Belichick paid real money to real TEs to avoid a repeat of last year's struggles.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back