PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars or Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

TbSB5

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If the Pats win the first seed they will face the Ravens, who are far better than KC, so expect Baltimore to move on, and they will face NE. We ALL know about the history between these two teams in the playoffs. Giants, Ravens, and Broncos are the only teams who have given Brady problems for years, and the Ravens eliminated NE twice in NE.

If the Pats win second seed they will face the Jaguars, because the Jaguars will blow out the Titans, Chargers or Bills. Don’t know much on the Jags. Are they a better match up against NE or is It Baltimore?

If the Pats win the first seed they will face the Ravens, who are far better than KC, so expect Baltimore to move on, and they will face NE. We ALL know about the history between these two teams in the playoffs. Giants, Ravens, and Broncos are the only teams who have given Brady problems for years, and the Ravens eliminated NE twice in NE.

If the Pats win second seed they will face the Jaguars, because the Jaguars will blow out the Titans, Chargers or Bills. Don’t know much on the Jags. Are they a better match up against NE or is It Baltimore?

Baltimore won't even make it past the first round. KC should take care of them.

Baltimore won't even make it past the first round. KC should take care of them,
KC is not that good honestly. I think the Ravens destroy them. Plus Flacco is Eli Manning AFC version in the playoffs for some reason.

Are we still ascared of the Ravens or is that not a thing anymore?
Other guy is right. No more Reed. No more Lewis. But idk it’s Baltimore and Flacco

Anyone who doesn't respect the Ravens in the playoffs is really a fool at this point.

Ravens @ Foxboro in Playoffs
W 33-14 (9-7)
2011 L 23-20 (12-4)
2012 W 28-13 (10-6)
2014 L 35-31 (10-6)

I'm assuming it's mostly the same people who arrogantly thought we would go into Denver in 2015 and beat them no problem, or that last week's game against the Steelers (who "suck") would be a blowout, etc. People will mention "No but THIS Ravens team is different, they [insert flaw]", as if any Ravens team we've played hasn't been flawed in some sense, as they usually are around 9/10 wins.

Of course I would favor the Pats and expect them to win, but the Ravens more than any team in the AFC have proven they have the ability to come here and either win or make it incredibly close.

Their mediocre 10-6 2014 team had two 14 point leads against our 2014 Super Bowl team. It's fair to say that the 2017 Patriots and the 2017 Ravens are about the same gap as the 2014 teams.

Give me the completely unproven Jags over the Ravens any day.

Anyone who doesn't respect the Ravens in the playoffs is really a fool at this point.

W 33-14 (9-7)
2011 L 23-20 (12-4)
2012 W 28-13 (10-6)
2014 L 35-31 (10-6)

I'm assuming it's mostly the same people who arrogantly thought we would go into Denver in 2015 and beat them no problem, or that last week's game against the Steelers (who "suck") would be a blowout, etc. People will mention "No but THIS Ravens team is different, they [insert flaw]", as if any Ravens team we've played hasn't been flawed in some sense, as they usually are around 9/10 wins.

Of course I would favor the Pats and expect them to win, but the Ravens more than any team in the AFC have proven they have the ability to come here and either win or make it incredibly close.

Their mediocre 10-6 2014 team had two 14 point leads against our 2014 Super Bowl team. It's fair to say that the 2017 Patriots and the 2017 Ravens are about the same gap as the 2014 teams.

Their offense has been mediocre at best. They have played nobody recently and the dolts even played close with them on the field. Not scared to play them. I expect the chiefs to handle them.

This seems to be the case any year they come in here, alas...

I am sure the pats won't overlook them. You can pass it on them. Losing jimmy smith was a big blow to their defense. We will see. I wonder if they would rather prefer facing the jags than the chiefs.

Honestly this year more than others, I think any AFC playoff team could go to the SB. Not a clear dominant team this year including us.

Honestly this year more than others, I think any AFC playoff team could go to the SB. Not a clear dominant team this year including us.

I see it the other way. I can only see us or pittsburgh ending up in the superbowl. We will see. Our defense has to step it up especially the secondary.

Disagree on KC and Baltimore, I would much rather see the Ravens than KC. Flacco sucks and KC poses more match up problems than the Ravens do.

I think Baltimore has feasted on backup quarterbacks and the Browns, i expect them to lose in Arrowhead.

I disagree with the take there's any proof they're better than Kansas City, this isn't the Ray Lewis/Ed Reed Ravens.

Kansas City is much more dangerous they have an offense that can come to Foxboro and move the football.

W 33-14 (9-7)
2011 L 23-20 (12-4)
2012 W 28-13 (10-6)
2014 L 35-31 (10-6)

We don’t play the uniform we play the players

I think Baltimore has feasted on backup quarterbacks and the Browns, i expect them to lose in Arrowhead.

I disagree with the take there's any proof they're better than Kansas City, this isn't the Ray Lewis/Ed Reed Ravens.

Kansas City is much more dangerous they have an offense that can come to Foxboro and move the football.

I agree, Smith can move the football and Hunt is the kind of back they have had trouble with all season.

I think we'll face KC, to be honest. Even though they beat us early this year, neither the Pats or Chiefs are the same team they were then.

Still, the Ravens/Jags have no game changers like Hunt, Hill, or Kelce. Hmmm.

Any way you look at it, the Pats have to beat 3 good teams to hoist the Lombardi again. Not much sense in worrying which ones we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back