PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars or Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Patriots fan my attitude has always been “bring on whomever!”. I don’t waste time worrying about pairings or matchups.

To win the super bowl, you have to win every game no matter who the opponent.

I don’t hope for anything other than Patriot victories and Home field advantage

Bring on the Ravens boys!!

Baltimore hasn't beaten NE since 2012, and the Jaguars aren't worth mentioning in any discussion about postseason threats.

Pats 2nd seed?
1st seed either will play KC or Ravens unless chargers or titans upset Jags . Somehow I fear KC's speed more than ravens. Or if chargers or titans upset jags than Pats play either of them , would be the best I think

Let's just play who we get. I forget the year, but the Pats once intentionally lost to affect the seeding and then we were beaten by the team they were trying to get (or got beat the next week - can't remember exactly what happened, but it left a bad taste - like we knew we weren;'t good enough and tried to sneak by, which to me is not the Patriot Way). Karma baby - be careful what you wish for. If we bring our A game on O and D, we should beat any of the remaining AFC teams. Both the Ravens and Jags could be a nightmare, or they could be a walkover. The Ravens seem to be our kryptonite in the playoffs but when I watched them earlier this year, they were awful. I can't believe they are going to make the playoffs at all, but Jump Ball Joe Flacco is probably still good for a couple of really costly PI calls per game. The Jags scare you on paper because they supposedly have a really good D (not to mention Tom Coughlin sharing his insight on how to beat Brady), but they just got lit up by some TB12-wannabee-QB who only has 5 or 6 NFL starts under his belt. On the other hand, they also managed to score 33 points and lose, which is a worry against our D.

The Pats should be focused on getting themselves in tip-top, take-no-prisoners shape (I don't think we can afford a first half like we had this past week in the playoffs, previous SB miracle be damned), and let the chips fall where they may. We already know we have a bye next week (playoffs already? can't believe it!), so right the ship this week, cruise next week, then be ready to sail into battle firing all cylinders the following weekend, no matter who comes to town. Go Patriots!

The one team I do not want to see at all are the Chiefs. An AFCG game at Gilette against the Chiefs is my biggest nightmare .

Jags...Bortles sucks..and that team imploded last week when losing..but they are a 1 and done team

The one team I do not want to see at all are the Chiefs. An AFCG game at Gilette against the Chiefs is my biggest nightmare .

Mahones is starting...so idk about that

Has Balt beat a team with a winning record this year?

Edit: the Lions. Not sure that counts.

Last edited:
If we can get just a bit healthier with the LBs and WRs, it doesn't matter; they're all meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes