PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars cut Lenny Fournette

I’m betting that you are the kind of guy who think Cam will play at his 2015 level

At this point, people should just hope he makes it through a full season. He's not and will never be 2015 Cam again, and even that team had better a better offensive cast than the current patriots offense. He's at best an above average to top 10 QB. If he plays just average that'd meet my expectations this year.

I understand the excitement and it should be fun to watch, but it's so hard to win it all that you can't really say that. If they miss the playoffs then maybe you have a point but winning it all is very hard.

By getting "it done," I meant playing well...sorry for the confusion.

I would say if he can't get it done with this Bucs team then he's done...
Missed this one. But yeah, I’d agree. That offense is loaded and the defense was decent even considering the amount of short fields Winston put them in last season. If he can’t get it done with that cast, it’s time to call it a career.

At this point, people should just hope he makes it through a full season. He's not and will never be 2015 Cam again, and even that team had better a better offensive cast than the current patriots offense. He's at best an above average to top 10 QB. If he plays just average that'd meet my expectations this year.
Do you think he’ll make at least a half-assed effort to dive on a fumble during an important game now that he’s here?

Do you think he’ll make at least a half-assed effort to dive on a fumble during an important game now that he’s here?
I see alot of 3 and outs to start the year. I don't know why we didn't sign fournette or pick him up on waivers. I guess that's why I don't run the team.

Lol..what? He had no weapons from the middle through late in the year. Early in the season, he was playing great. Brady still has it.

His numbers the last 2 years have been on the decline. However, for 2019 specifically, he didn't play nearly as well once Gordon got hurt against NYG. I was at the Washington game and thought he played fine. Then the following week Gordon gets hurt.

I don’t see any anti-Belichick talk around here. I see people who are, rightfully, skeptical of the decision to move on until things play out over the course of the season. Of course, I could have missed something.

There's plenty here. Kinda comical actually.

AS for moving on - it was 100% Brady's decision alone. Not the team's.

Lol..what? He had no weapons from the middle through late in the year. Early in the season, he was playing great. Brady still has it.

When he started playing good teams then what happened?

Speaking of Cam in 2015... what great receivers did he have that year? Funny how it didn't seem to be a problem for him.

There's plenty here. Kinda comical actually.

AS for moving on - it was 100% Brady's decision alone. Not the team's.
Ah, so the narrative is going to be that Bill couldn’t do what it took to keep the GOAT behind center for two more years? Why not?

Ah, so the narrative is going to be that Bill couldn’t do what it took to keep the GOAT behind center for two more years? Why not?

Dunno. Someone should ask Tom - he left by his own choice.

Dunno. Someone should ask Tom - he left by his own choice.
Which a prior extension, as Brady reportedly requested, could have fixed. So yeah, the team definitely had a hand in it. “A year too early before a year too late.” I guess that’s only the narrative if it reflects well on BB.

I am curious to see how Bill adjusts now that there is going to be less of an incentive for players to take bargain deals for him. We kinda got lucky with Cam
Business as usual for him no doubt. We have done fairly well in free agency over the years, but if the brady advantage has disappeared, another thing that bears closer scrutiny now is drafting...

Speaking of Cam in 2015... what great receivers did he have that year? Funny how it didn't seem to be a problem for him.

Outside of all-pro Greg Olsen, a rag tag group mostly. You're also comparing a cam Newton in his actual prime to a 42 year old Brady, so it feels a bit disingenuous.

Outside of all-pro Greg Olsen, a rag tag group mostly. You're also comparing a cam Newton in his actual prime to a 42 year old Brady, so it feels a bit disingenuous.

Still did all right. Cam even got something out of the corpse of Jerricho Cotchery. People are worried about what we have now at WR so there's that....

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back