PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags hire Urban Meyer.

Jimmy Johnson, Chip Kelly, Tom Coughlin, Jim Harbaugh, and Bill Walsh. But yes, the list of college coaches who came in and absolutely **** the bed is a long one.

EDIT: Oh and that buffoon Barry Switzer also coached at Oklahoma before he took Jimmy Johnson’s team and won a Lombardi.
This smacks of Rick Pitino to me. Coming in to a prime situation, and then doesn't get the guy he thought he'd get in the draft.

I do think they will get Lawrence, however. He has to be familiar with the Jacksonville area somewhat. It will allow him to stay in the same geographical area. Other guys have outlined why the Jags are a good fit for Meyer, and that is the same for Lawrence. This is an opportunity for them to have a transformative effect on the franchise, much like we've seen here in NE.

Or, Meyer will suck and Lawrence ends up being a good QB on a chitty team. *shrugs*

Well Jacksonville is the Ohio of Florida so he has that going for him.

It is? I think Florida is the Ohio of Florida. Everyone in the TB area is from Canada, Ohio, or NY. Lol.

But Jacksonville is behind in terms of being a great city. The Jags becoming a winning franchise could do wonders for the town

It is? I think Florida is the Ohio of Florida. Everyone in the TB area is from Canada, Ohio, or NY. Lol.

But Jacksonville is behind in terms of being a great city. The Jags becoming a winning franchise could do wonders for the town
Lol sorry I just hate your whole state. I lived in Tampa/St Pete for about 9 years and couldn't wait to get out by the end.

....with trophies
Touché.

If he does that in Jax : I will have tremendous respect for his accomplishments. I already find him to be "a winner" and an excellent college team builder... I wonder if he'll be able to acquire the same level of talent (relative to the league) as he did in college. My guess : no.

We moved to Jax a year ago January, and really like it here. I work with a radio group that carries the Jags games; we've got a private suite. I'm guessing 2021 will be a teensy bit busier in the suite than 2020. LOL

It depends on what the poster means by success, I suppose. He did take that 2013 Eagles team to the playoffs.
And defeated The Genius in 2015...in Foxborough...when he had absolutely No Business Whatsoever doing so...for his Last NFL win...

What do you think about City Council shooting down the Lot J proposal? I wasn’t wild about it being a tax-free loan, because Khan would never pay that back, but downtown needs some reinvigorating. There’s nothing but empty buildings and homeless people there. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve driven down Main St and have seen a homeless guy either with his **** out or taking a dump in the tall weeds that the city doesn’t maintain.

What do you think about City Council shooting down the Lot J proposal? I wasn’t wild about it being a tax-free loan, because Khan would never pay that back, but downtown needs some reinvigorating. There’s nothing but empty buildings and homeless people there. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve driven down Main St and have seen a homeless guy either with his **** out or taking a dump in the tall weeds that the city doesn’t maintain.
Downtown does need help. I was down there today at 9am at FedEx... and it was very quiet and weird. As Gertrude Stein once said about Oakland, "There's no 'there' there."

Downtown does need help. I was down there today at 9am at FedEx... and it was very quiet and weird. As Gertrude Stein once said about Oakland, "There's no 'there' there."
It’s a complete dump and the Baptists carry a lot of the blame for that. Around the time of the Super Bowl in 2005, a group of developers from Dallas (IIRC) wanted to set up a strip of restaurants, shopping, and nightlife down Bay Street along the River. The Baptists at the time owned those buildings and lots, and told that group they can only rent temporarily, but needed to clear out when the Super Bowl ended. They got laughed out of the room and that area has since been, and still is, a dead zone. But hey, at least the jail has the best view in the city! Waterfront property for our inmates.

...at leaving programs within a few years.
Haha, I think my post would have been better suited for a wrestling board. The Jaguars' owner's son (Tony Khan) owns All Elite Wrestling. Whenever they sign a new wrestler, they tweet a "(Wrestler Name) is All Elite" graphic to announce the signing.

Haha, I think my post would have been better suited for a wrestling board. The Jaguars' owner's son (Tony Khan) owns All Elite Wrestling. Whenever they sign a new wrestler, they tweet a "(Wrestler Name) is All Elite" graphic to announce the signing.
I've heard of All Elite but didn't realize that it & the Jags were owned by the same outfit either...Did they buy it after they bought the Jags?

I've heard of All Elite but didn't realize that it & the Jags were owned by the same outfit either...Did they buy it after they bought the Jags?
Yeah. AEW was created in 2019 by Tony and a handful of wrestlers (Dusty Rhodes's son Cody being one of them). I don't watch much wrestling these days, but I think it is far more entertaining than what WWE puts out.

I hope the Jags turn it around. The Khans seem like good people.

Jimmy Johnson, Chip Kelly, Tom Coughlin, Jim Harbaugh, and Bill Walsh. But yes, the list of college coaches who came in and absolutely **** the bed is a long one.

EDIT: Oh and that buffoon Barry Switzer also coached at Oklahoma before he took Jimmy Johnson’s team and won a Lombardi.
Jimmy Johnson is a good comparable. Coughlin and Walsh were nfl assistants for a long time and harbaugh a player. I don’t think I’d call chip Kelly a success. And yes Switzer was a buffoon figurehead.

Colleges coaches trying to transition to the pros always do really well. I don't see any way this could fail. Great hire.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back