PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2nd Best AFC Team in 2018? Jacksonville Jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a kitten, believe it or not, I participated in high school wrestling.
One day the coach made a sign that said "intensity is everything in wrestling".
A few weeks later, someone crossed out intensity and wrote in "injuries".

The Titans have sneakily put together a very complete looking roster. Plus, Vrabel is just a guy that I have to root for. It would not surprise me if they take the #2 seed.

Preface it with such.

Glad to know you’re still with us btw
So just to get this straight every time anyone use the word will they are guaranteeing everything that comes after it?

So just to get this straight every time anyone use the word will they are guaranteeing everything that comes after it?
Just all depends on how you’re using the term will.

If you preface it saying it’s your opinion, then no

Shame on you, dragging a guy back from the dead knowing he has to get the last word :rolleyes:

Looking around the AFC, it struck me that the Jaguars drafted two outstanding defensive rookies - DT Taven Bryant from Florida in the 1st round followed by S Ronnie Harrison from Alabama in the 3rd round to join a tough, young, successful defense that made it to the AFC Championship game.
While Taven Bryant may be a good player the Jags are falling into the same trap as other teams such as the Jest. Why do they want to collect D-lineman? Look how that worked out for them. You can only get so many guys out there. The Jags will be the 2015 Broncos.

The Chargers are a team I’d watch. They absolutely hit it out of the park getting Derwin James. They have a very stout defense (secondary is loaded), and an offense with an experienced vet QB throwing it to a WR core with strong depth.
Ugh, don't fall for the trap! Every year it's the same thing, mediots claim they are "talented" yet somehow have a losing record. Oh, and don't forget every year they get the title of "hottest team in the NFL" yet they are sitting at home in January. I agree they have a lot of talent on defense, but I think their offense still stinks and Rivers won't take them anywhere. Anyone that lives in the LA area knows the Chargers are a joke. See my next rant below.

Make no mistake, I do as well. I just think Rivers will have at least one more serious run before he retires. This is the best roster he’s had since the 2000’s.
In my opinion, Rivers is the most overrated QB in NFL history. He's a stat padder and his only good year was when Tomlinson had that monster year in 2006. He's protected when he has a dominating ground game. He's never but teams on his back and taken over games like a Brady, Brees, Manning, Rothlesberger, etc. Rivers has a loser mentality and throws fits every game. Also, his arm strength has been deteriorating for years.

???
Almost everything that is said is the opinion of the poster, unless the poster is simply posting information from a good source.

If I say that Andrews will be our starting center to begin the season, that IS an opinion. Maybe a well informed opinion, maybe not, but still an opinion.

If I say that Belichick will be the patriots coach in November, that is an opinion.

Bortles and the Jaguars beat the Steelers in the playoffs 45-42, in Pittsburgh. That's a complete football team. They added the fastest receiver on the board in the draft in the 6'3" kid from LSU that several people here liked for the Pats.
And they got better since the FA & the draft.

The AFC is definitely better this season, but who will rise is a question mark. I expect Miami, Indy, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Houston, Buffalo, San Diego, Denver, and Oakland to all be better team’s this season, but which one’s will have the depth the succeed all season remains to be seen. Pitt will be in the mix come playoff time, but they didn’t do anything to improve this offseason.

Bortles looked good to me in that patriots game
So didn't the Eagles back up QB
Hmmmmm
Wonder what the common denominator is ?

I've really loved what Tennessee & Jax have been doing & they both continued that in the draft.

Jax has as much talent as any team in the league. Keep improving & playing to ur strengths (Defense) & tinker w/ the O. Bryan gives them an even deadlier rotation up front. Harrison makes great sense from a vale/need pov & Chark is exactly what Bortles feeds off, fast wr he can hit on p/a.

Tennessee & Robinson just keep impressing me. That team could be so good. I'm a lot higher on MM than most on here & think this team could win a championship one day. Idk almost every move they've made recently I either wanted ahead of time or agree w/
From MM over Winston. Building from the inside, out. Focusing on protecting MM then giving him weapons & now the defense.

Their offense is so balanced & w/ the ability to strike very quickly. Their 2 deep everywhere. Lewis, Henry, Taylor, Davis, Smith &Walker.

Defense was the need though & they absolutely improved there. Evans, Landry & Cruikshank are exactly what they need. Drafting for need isn't a bad thing if you know what you're doing theres. I'm talent > everything for the most part. Theres nothing wrong with recognizing needs & filling them w/ talented players though.

Jaguars will revert back to 8-8 range this year

Yep...see the 2017 offseason threads on the unstoppable Oakland Raiders. I do think the Jags are a little more legit...they had had a +149 point differential last season (whereas the Raiders were actually out scored in 2016.). Still, the Jags have that similar look of a pretender who got all the breaks and rode an easy easy schedule. I think they will quickly break with a couple of inevitable injuries and a horrible QB.

Think you’re misreading the context of what I was saying.
Yep...see the 2017 offseason threads on the unstoppable Oakland Raiders. I do think the Jags are a little more legit...they had had a +149 point differential last season (whereas the Raiders were actually out scored in 2016.). Still, the Jags have that similar look of a pretender who got all the breaks and rode an easy easy schedule. I think they will quickly break with a couple of inevitable injuries and a horrible QB.

I see the jaguars getting hit with the injury bug next season. They played extra games in 2017 and had a short off season, they are not used to that. Add in a first place schedule and it could be a rough year for them.

I think the surprise team in the afc is Oakland, they may start slow, but I expect them to go on a tear come October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News