PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's helpful to look around the NFL and compare the Patriots to other contending teams

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score

Add to that list of contending teams losing at home despite being heavily favored --- the Steelers losing the to the Jags last week, with Rothelisberger throwing 5 interceptions - including two pick-sixes. Not to mention, questions regarding Pittsburgh's locker room and their star players being unhappy with their contracts, not getting the ball enough, the playcalling, the anthem, Big Ben's contemplating retirement.

Flawed as they are, Patriots must look around NFL and feel just fine. Lots of teams -- and supposed contenders -- are having to work out kinks.

My hope is that when all is said and done, the AFC team with the most talent (and fewest injuries) will prevail!

Add to that list of contending teams losing at home despite being heavily favored --- the Steelers losing the to the Jags last week, with Rothelisberger throwing 5 interceptions - including two pick-sixes. Not to mention, questions regarding Pittsburgh's locker room and their star players being unhappy with their contracts, not getting the ball enough, the playcalling, the anthem, Big Ben's contemplating retirement.

Flawed as they are, Patriots must look around NFL and feel just fine. Lots of teams -- and supposed contenders -- are having to work out kinks.

My hope is that when all is said and done, the AFC team with the most talent (and fewest injuries) will prevail!

We will get an idea of this team next Sunday night. They haven't played well at home. They need a good win against a high powered offense like the falcons. I think the falcons where looking ahead to us.

I can agree with all of this except the last. I don't care if we are in the basement of talent or injury-ridden; I want a sixth trophy this year.

The difference may just come down to coaching and that's the one area that ****dell and his cronies can't (yet) legislate into his parity scheme. We've got a head-and-shoulder advantage there, and that's going to help us tremendously.

While watching highlights this morning, I had the same thoughts. I was "Wow man, I am *****ing about the Pats and their slow-ish start, but we are not alone in that boat, NO one is dominant!"

I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse though. Did the league finally succeeded in bringing us back to the pack by cutting practice time?

We will get an idea of this team next Sunday night. They haven't played well at home. They need a good win against a high powered offense like the falcons. I think the falcons where looking ahead to us.
:)

The patriots will be among the very best teams as we approach the playoffs. We always "need" a win. This week against an NFC opponent is LESS important than most. We NEED to continue to develop, heal, and not add to add to the players injured.

While watching highlights this morning, I had the same thoughts. I was "Wow man, I am *****ing about the Pats and their slow-ish start, but we are not alone in that boat, NO one is dominant!"

I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse though. Did the league finally succeeded in bringing us back to the pack by cutting practice time?
As AJ said last week, PARITY!
Other than Cleveland, the league has succeeded after all these attempts.

Considering who their coach is, I highly doubt the Patriots are looking around the NFL and feeling just fine.

Considering who their coach is, I highly doubt the Patriots are looking around the NFL and feeling just fine.

LOL... of course!

This thread is for the fans though.

No one has been dominant this season. Only two teams have a better record than the Patriots do. And one of them (the 5-1 Chiefs) just suffered a significant home loss to a team it was favored to beat, while playing in football's hardest division (the AFC West).

:)

The patriots will be among the very best teams as we approach the playoffs. We always "need" a win. This week against an NFC opponent is LESS important than most. We NEED to continue to develop, heal, and not add to add to the players injured.

Well it will be nice to see the defense look good against a legit offense. We will see. Also they haven't played well at home in 3 games this season. I wanna see a good game against a likely hungry struggling falcons team.

Yes. That's perhaps the biggest culprit - along with teams disproportionately rounding their roster with players on the rookie salary scale. These games are played by guys on their rookie contracts that only have 10 padded practices the entire season.

Mediocrity is the end result.

It can not be overstated how big that KC loss is. I think that keeps first seed hopes alive. It is still unlikely right now but possible with that loss. The Pats have to make up 2 wins in 10 games. (2 cause of the tie breaker).

Next week will be huge for both teams. KC has an away game thrusday vs the Raiders who need this win to stay alive.

Pats have the Falcons at home (Falcons coming off a loss so desperate too but not as much)

Both will be tough for both teams.

It would be quite a reflection of this season of in the span of 5 days the team that has looked the best loses 2 straight games and falls back to the pack.

And one of them (the 5-1 Chiefs) just suffered a significant home loss to a team it was favored to beat, while playing in football's hardest division (the AFC West).

Are we sure the AFC West is all that good? The Chargers stink, the Raiders are wildly overrated and the Broncos just got their butts kicked at home by the pathetic Giants.

It can not be overstated how big that KC loss is. I think that keeps first seed hopes alive. It is still unlikely right now but possible with that loss. The Pats have to make up 2 wins in 10 games. (2 cause of the tie breaker).

Next week will be huge for both teams. KC has an away game thrusday vs the Raiders who need this win to stay alive.

Pats have the Falcons at home (Falcons coming off a loss so desperate too but not as much)

It would be quite a reflection of this season of in the span of 5 days the team that has looked the best loses 2 straight games and falls back to the pack.

Since 2013 the chiefs are 7-1 against the raiders. That's pure ownage. It would be nice if the raiders actually won a game against the chiefs.

Are we sure the AFC West is all that good? The Chargers stink, the Raiders are wildly overrated and the Broncos just got their butts kicked at home by the pathetic Giants.

I still think the chiefs are a good team especially on defense. Still had a chance to beat pittsburgh but it seems like a bad matchup for them. They basically bend over.

If Sunday didn't illustrate once again that "It's All About Matchups" I don't know if it ever will

Squealers with "Stick A Fork In Me" Ben defeating KC

Jints with all their missing players dominating the Donks...

I think this is the result of the reduced practice and pads time before the season. We are possibly seeing less players injured before the start of the season, but also teams less cohesive and needing more time to get into their game day rythym.

Well it will be nice to see the defense look good against a legit offense. We will see. Also they haven't played well at home in 3 games this season. I wanna see a good game against a likely hungry struggling falcons team.

That already happened in week 2 when they held the 4th highest scoring offense in the league to 20 points in their own stadium.

If the Pats play well against the Falcons, you will no doubt disregard the result again.

By the way, for context, the Pats have played 3 offenses that are in the top 7 in YPG, and 3 which are in the top 4 in PPG. To act as if they've been playing scrub offenses is absurd.

Since 2013 the chiefs are 7-1 against the raiders. That's pure ownage. It would be nice if the raiders actually won a game against the chiefs.

We will see. I think they will I would only add it should be 5-1 not 7-1. Carr and Mack didn't get their till 2014 so I see no need to count 2013. Still it a dominant showing.

Its a bit early to project, but should we win@PIT it would make the opening game loss to KC null and void with regards to tiebreakers by virtue of PIT beating KC yesterday too. I could be wrong though.

If Sunday didn't illustrate once again that "It's All About Matchups" I don't know if it ever will

Squealers with "Stick A Fork In Me" Ben defeating KC

Jints with all their missing players dominating the Donks...

I agree 100%. The Stiglers own KC. And the Pats own the Stiglers. And the Giants own the Pats and the Giants own the ....

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back