PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It’s all about Solder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrews allowed no pressures or hits up against Campbell, Jackson and Dareus last week and Thuney only allowed a QB hit

Go watch the Rams game from last year when the interior made a better DL Aaron Donald a non-factor

Andrews played an outstanding game last week, and Turning Point did a good job of highlighting that he made the key block in the 3rd and 18 conversion. I trust our line to get the job done.

Really hope waddle plays this game. Fleming let up 2 sacks of brady in the AFCCG. waddle is much more solid IMO

Really hope waddle plays this game. Fleming let up 2 sacks of brady in the AFCCG. waddle is much more solid IMO

This team is in the NFL "finals", and it has a choice of Waddle or Fleming as the starting right tackle. Thank you Josh, Scar, BB and TB, for overcoming that sort of thing, time and again!

Two weeks of Dante, two weeks of healing all the bumps and bruises very confident that Solder and the whole O line will be as prepared as they possibly can be.,..

An aspect difficult to quantify is the consistent and superior coaching, any Pats player will go into this game with the belief that if he follows the game plan.. things will be much easier.

Garcia against Clemson. Troy is a good, sun belt team, but Clemson is obviously top competition. I'm no expert at Oline play, but he more than holds his own here IMO. Draft profile page says he played at 290, maybe 280 in their opinion, so it will be interesting to see if his frame can carry much more weight.

I wouldn't bet Brady's health on the hope that Thin Tony Garcia can hold his own next season if Solder either retires or signs elsewhere.

Waddle is better but fleming played very well overall. He is the 3rd string tackle. If jax played any other teams’ 3rd string tackle, they would have 8 sacks and won the game.

I wouldn't bet Brady's health on the hope that Thin Tony Garcia can hold his own next season if Solder either retires or signs elsewhere.

That's the speculation, but he's had a whole year to do nothing but work out. Did you watch the video? That was some pretty good work against a top opponent whatever he weighed.

This team is in the NFL "finals", and it has a choice of Waddle or Fleming as the starting right tackle. Thank you Josh, Scar, BB and TB, for overcoming that sort of thing, time and again!

Pretty happy with our depth there considering a retirement and an injury. Nobody can acquire enough top tackles to go 4 and 5 deep on their roster given the draft picks and salary cap room necessary.

Just got off phone w Belichick about this thread. He wanted to add that the team has never lost when they’ve scored more points in the game than the other team

Solder has been at his best, recently. IMO

I hope he can forgive me for the occasional "#%*& Solder!", the last few seasons.

I've been impressed with his on and off field importance to the team.
He's been through a lot challenges, that show his physical and mental toughness.

I might not either but, if he leaves they will need to do something. If damn Waddle would stay healthy,he's not a bad stop gap LT. Cannon is too slow, better at RT. Fleming I don't trust at LT, but is a good backup. Maybe draft or acquire a swing tackle, we'll eed tackles anyway.

Last edited:
Andrews played an outstanding game last week, and Turning Point did a good job of highlighting that he made the key block in the 3rd and 18 conversion. I trust our line to get the job done.

Agree. Scar once again is the most important coach. I think the Pats will be fine loosing Matty P and Josh but not scar.

Agree about Solder; Shaq Mason, on the other hand...

Agree about Solder; Shaq Mason, on the other hand...

I've never seen Nate so agressive in pass protection. He went out and
delivered a jarring first blow and destroyed their de's. I know the guy
has a lot of problems with his child. Only he knows what is in his
family's best interests.

Shaq didn't play as bad as he did last year. Their DT just reached around. I don't think it would have been a sack if not for that. Tom prob steps away from that pressure. We have so many issues on defense. I'm fine with our OL if Solder
comes back. If not, LT moves to the front of any off-season needs.

Oline was great and pretty much dominated that overrated d line, as predicted.

Cox did nothing

I have no idea why our oline is so maligned

...Shaq didn't play as bad as he did last year. Their DT just reached around. I don't think it would have been a sack if not for that. Tom prob steps away from that pressure...
Mason also gave up the pressure (also to Graham IIRC) on the 4th/5 play in the 2nd quarter from Philly's 35. Brady was trying to hook up with Gronk down the right sideline (think SB49 near the end of the 1st half) but Graham was able to hit Brady's arm and cause the pass to fall short. Unfortunately, Gronk's momentum carried him away just enough so that he couldn't draw a more convincing DPI call on the DB covering him (Jalen Mills IIRC).

(IMHO, the 3rd- and 4th-down play-calls would've been better-used on earlier downs, and Skippy should've called 2 plays for sure-fire 3-yard gains instead. But that might be a subject for an All-22-type thread.)

Mason also gave up the pressure (also to Graham IIRC) on the 4th/5 play in the 2nd quarter from Philly's 35. Brady was trying to hook up with Gronk down the right sideline (think SB49 near the end of the 1st half) but Graham was able to hit Brady's arm and cause the pass to fall short. Unfortunately, Gronk's momentum carried him away just enough so that he couldn't draw a more convincing DPI call on the DB covering him (Jalen Mills IIRC).

(IMHO, the 3rd- and 4th-down play-calls would've been better-used on earlier downs, and Skippy should've called 2 plays for sure-fire 3-yard gains instead. But that might be a subject for an All-22-type thread.)

Who was beaten on the strip sack? I am hoping we resign solder. Don't mess with the o line.

Mason is 6' tall and barely 290 (I know he's listed at 310 but I seriously doubt that number)... He's a leverage player and that leverage serves him well in the running game and in terms of moving laterally to pick up pass rush stunts and late blitzes.

Unfortunately, his lack of size makes him vulnerable against the bull rush if that leverage fails him, ie he's surprised by the push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back