Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Nate Solder has been a patriot for 7 years, but was injured before the playoffs one year.

In 6 years he has been to 4 SBs.
The patriots are 12-3 when he plays in the playoffs.

The patriots have won 8 straight playoff games that solder has played in.

Wish we could find a way to resign him but we have let players go before if they feel another guy's ready to take the reigns but we know how important an offensive line is.

i agree solder is important, but shaq mason, joe thuney and david andrews better block fletcher cox well
I agree (I also get this is not in the spirit of OP's post). The interior of the offensive line is what worries me most. Shaq Mason has probably been our best lineman this year but Thuney and Andrews worry me against Fletcher Cox and Timmy Jernigan. Interior pass rush is what cost us the Giants Super Bowls. I'm hoping they can neutralize Cox and Jernigan with quick crossing routes and screens.

Wish we could find a way to resign him but we have let players go before if they feel another guy's ready to take the reigns but we know how important an offensive line is.

If Solder wants to keep playing I don’t think the Patriots will have trouble re-signing him. I dont think he wants to leave New England at all, and I don’t think they will have trouble matching anyone who goes for him on the open market. Like Hightower it will be a process where he tests the market and they reach a deal with him that’s market value and incentive based. I’m hoping he sticks around, after missing this season Garcia won’t be ready, but Waddle may prove worthy as a bridge between Solder and Garcia.

The Pats have never lost a game when Dion Lewis had more than 5 rushing attempts. So...it's all about Lewis !?!

Here is a sad truth: the Pats never lost in 2010 or 2011 when BJGE was treated as the lead back.

Mainly, that was tied to the idea he never fumbled the entire time, which is an incredible thing, but it's just sad that in those 2 postseasons, he wasn't respected more by the coaching staff and for Brady to want to actually use him.

Give him 12 carries in SB 46, and we win that game, based on clock alone.

Sad, but true.

I can rattle off numerous big games BJGE had in terms of representing that balance we had, with clock control, no turnovers from Brady, etc, where it was a beautiful thing to watch.

BB/O'Brien/Brady never quite respected balance back in those days as much as they finally have now.

No one get bent out of shape for this opinion, please.

It's all about Krafty's sky box booster chairs.
When deployed, the Patriots W/L ratio is 2nd to none. The only mystery surrounding these secret weapons is when they find their rightful spot in the Patriots HOF. Robert Kraft may take his chair to the grave....giving him an eternal boost up.

Andrews allowed no pressures or hits up against Campbell, Jackson and Dareus last week and Thuney only allowed a QB hit

Yep.

I have no idea why some of our fans doubt BB/Scar and their analysis of our OL.

This all comes from a Felger/Mazz-derived anti-BB stance, where some of our fans have been brainwashed.

It's leek the Cannon thing. BB gives him an extenions, but people can't forgive him for trying to play through a foot injury in the 2015 title game. The gjuy was hurt. Do you start Fleming over Cannon there? Maybe. Certainlyu a fair question.

And, that brings me to Fleming himself. The guy filled in nicely on Sunday, didn't he?

How many teams can get down to a 3rd string Tackle and not really miss a beat?

Answer: Zero.

I happen to think Thuney was very impressive as rookie last year and has a great future ahead of him. Classic Scar style OL.

Andrews? Brady loves the guy and he's a captain. BB/Scar run a lot of West Coast induced sonze blocking schemes and they want athleticism/footwork/smarts more so than pure size and strength, outside of their belief in toughness.

How do you go to 2 SBs in 2 years with the same O Line, but it somehow is not elite? It doesn't make any sense.

The people that think Andrews or Thuney (they'll shift the blame to someone else later if they choose), would be starting here if they weren't any good, makes me laugh.

Those same people need to look at the playcalling and Brady's decisions, more so than the OL quality.

If Solder wants to keep playing I don’t think the Patriots will have trouble re-signing him. I dont think he wants to leave New England at all, and I don’t think they will have trouble matching anyone who goes for him on the open market. Like Hightower it will be a process where he tests the market and they reach a deal with him that’s market value and incentive based. I’m hoping he sticks around, after missing this season Garcia won’t be ready, but Waddle may prove worthy as a bridge between Solder and Garcia.
It could be a short term contract or lower upfront money if the rumors that he may not play a lot longer are accurate. If they believe Garcia can be the man 2 years may be good for all.

Here is a sad truth: the Pats never lost in 2010 or 2011 when BJGE was treated as the lead back.

Mainly, that was tied to the idea he never fumbled the entire time, which is an incredible thing, but it's just sad that in those 2 postseasons, he wasn't respected more by the coaching staff and for Brady to want to actually use him.

Give him 12 carries in SB 46, and we win that game, based on clock alone.

Sad, but true.

I can rattle off numerous big games BJGE had in terms of representing that balance we had, with clock control, no turnovers from Brady, etc, where it was a beautiful thing to watch.

BB/O'Brien/Brady never quite respected balance back in those days as much as they finally have now.

No one get bent out of shape for this opinion, please.

interesting take, i guess i never thought about that or realized that

Solder started this season a little shaky but has been playing like a beast when it counts lately.

I loved this one...

Yes, he's played really well lately. I sympathize if he was distracted earlier, it must be torture having to deal with all the treatments for his son.

Garcia against Clemson. Troy is a good, sun belt team, but Clemson is obviously top competition. I'm no expert at Oline play, but he more than holds his own here IMO. Draft profile page says he played at 290, maybe 280 in their opinion, so it will be interesting to see if his frame can carry much more weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back