PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

is too much trust being put into josh mcdaniels???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats had an interest in Amendola prior to McDaniels working with him.
They got Fells from Denver. He NEVER played for McDaniels previously.

The Pats brought Lloyd, who excelled in PATS offense run by McDaniels both in Denver and in St. Louis.

They traded for Salas because he was an outside receiver who was drafted by the previous regime.

They added Hoomanawanui only after Shiancoe went on the in-season IR and there really wasn't a whole lot available to add from around the league.

Your wrong about all the other position coaches being revolving doors. Peppers has been working with the D-line and linebackers since he joined the team in 2001. This is Ivan Fears 12th year as the RB coach. Prior to that he was the Pats WR Coach from 1999 - 2001. McDaniel has been working with the Offense since he joined the Pats way back when.

The Pats are on their 3rd OC since BB got here. Yes, they are on their 4th DC, but that's because of the Mangini defection. They are only on their 2nd Special teams coach, I think.

The areas where they have had more than a few is among the defensive backs and the receivers.

Also the Spencer Larsen fb/te/lb guy.

I think BB is putting ALOT of the offensive decision making in Josh's hands.....for better or worse. I am not crazy about the direction we are going for WR at all. Lloyd is ok...not going to wow anyone very often anymore...Branch is cooked....Amendola will be great if he can stay on the field....Edelman? Once again, can he stay on the field....the rest are JAGS.....no idea what to expect right now....but Josh or BB better get their stuff together!!!

since josh has been brought back... we have signed lloyd , fells, and hoomanuadi... and now danny, i will never be able to carry wes weklers jock; amedola..... alot of curious moves... but this team needs another 2 wr , not to mention cb help... but the point is bill putting to much trust into mcdaniels...also do you think floyd reese departure is hurting the contract negotiations for fa???

I think BB is putting ALOT of the offensive decision making in Josh's hands.....for better or worse. I am not crazy about the direction we are going for WR at all. Lloyd is ok...not going to wow anyone very often anymore...Branch is cooked....Amendola will be great if he can stay on the field....Edelman? Once again, can he stay on the field....the rest are JAGS.....no idea what to expect right now....but Josh or BB better get their stuff together!!!

Getting past a poor record is one thing, but the arrogance, immaturity, inability to get along with star players (e.g. Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Peyton Hillis, Tony Scheffler, etc.) and not being able to work well alongside assistant coaches (e.g. Mike Nolan) McDaniels brings to the table cannot be sold to a fan base. Case in point: Chris Roling at Bleacher Report writes Josh McDaniels is a terrible candidate to replace Lovie Smith. It seems that McDaniels’ only supporter among the analyst community is Mike Lombardi.

The ceiling for some football coaches is being a good coordinator. McDaniels seemingly fits into such group, except per bigleadsports, McDaniels’ only coordinator job without the high tide of Tom Brady to raise his boat resulted in the worst offensive performance since the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 1976 Bucs averaged 8.9 points a game. Including those Buccaneers, the six expansion teams since 1970 averaged 14.2 points. McDaniels’ 2011 St. Louis Rams offense: 11.8 points per game.

If McDaniels is as smart as he thinks he is, then he won’t be leaving the New England Patriots anytime soon.

www.joshmcdanielssucks.com | Agent Bob LaMonte doing his best to prevent world from forgetting Josh McDaniels head coaching disaster Josh McDaniels Sucks

From a Broncos website created where over 17,000 Denver fans signed a petition wishing he got fired (but the site was still updated apparently)

When it comes down to it, BB is the head honcho and he is responsible.

The only player we know for sure in the history of his tenure with the Pats that McDaniels had a lot of influence on bringing him into the Patriots is Laurence Maroney. And that was because he listened to bad advise from his brother who coached Maroney in Minnesota.

Shanihan had the same take on Maroney BTW.

BB tends to keep his Coaches working on their own area, but JM is being used/treated differently.

If there is one, JM is clearly the Heir apparent. He's a lot like a young BB. Very smart, makes mistakes mostly around people and personalities. If BB is to hand over the reins, then he's got to deligate more and more to JM and see how he flies.

If this logic works out, I can see JM being the Coach first with BB as GM for a few years. BB than can decide JM is the right Coach going forward, and perhaps the right GM/Coach. Right after winning another title having the Pats set up with hand picked successor doing very well would seem to be BB's next most cherished task/accomplishment.

So no, I want to see JM's influence steadily increase and prove he is, or is not fit.

I like the idea of McD being the next coach. Since 06 I've liked him.

Yes he made mistakes in Denver; and hopefully he's learning from them.
BB wasn't a hall of fame coach in Cleveland either.

Pete Carroll was not a good coach for the Patriots, but he's put together a pretty nice Seahawks team.

Coaches evolve and learn over time. I'd rather have a fairly seasoned coach who has shown promise than a first time HC (too many things to learn, low rate of success) or a long time HC (game may have passed them by)

www.joshmcdanielssucks.com | Agent Bob LaMonte doing his best to prevent world from forgetting Josh McDaniels head coaching disaster Josh McDaniels Sucks

From a Broncos website created where over 17,000 Denver fans signed a petition wishing he got fired (but the site was still updated apparently)

McDaniels took the fall for Cutler, even though Cutler's issues pre-dated McDaniels. McDaniels took the fall for Marshall, even though Marshall's issues pre-dated McDaniels and Marshall flat-out stated that McDaniels wasn't the problem. Scheffler was a problem in the locker room who was complaining about his playtime and the way the TEs were being used, and Hillis has worn out his welcome in multiple locations.

17,000 idiot Denver fans is nothing, since most fans are absolute morons when it comes to actually thinking about the teams they follow. Those same people were cheering crazily for the McDaniels drafted Tebow when he got his team a win in the playoffs.

McDaniels took the fall for Cutler, even though Cutler's issues pre-dated McDaniels. McDaniels took the fall for Marshall, even though Marshall's issues pre-dated McDaniels and Marshall flat-out stated that McDaniels wasn't the problem. Scheffler was a problem in the locker room who was complaining about his playtime and the way the TEs were being used, and Hillis has worn out his welcome in multiple locations.

17,000 idiot Denver fans is nothing, since most fans are absolute morons when it comes to actually thinking about the teams they follow. Those same people were cheering crazily for the McDaniels drafted Tebow when he got his team a win in the playoffs.

And Hillis had one good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference