PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

is too much trust being put into josh mcdaniels???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
since josh has been brought back... we have signed lloyd , fells, and hoomanuadi... and now danny, i will never be able to carry wes weklers jock; amedola..... alot of curious moves... but this team needs another 2 wr , not to mention cb help... but the point is bill putting to much trust into mcdaniels...also do you think floyd reese departure is hurting the contract negotiations for fa???

So Amendola is a bust and can never be close to what Welker was without ever even putting on a Pats' uniform? BTW, Amendola only played one part of one regular season game while McDaniels was the OC of St. Louis. Amendola tore his ACL on the first game of the year the only year McDaniels was OC for the Rams.

Fells was actually a good blocker earlier in the season. Heard rumors that he might have been hurt late in the season. We will have to see.

Lloyd had 74 catches, 911 yards, and 4 TDs. That is the best WR production by anyone not named Welker or Moss in a Pats' uniform in a long time (just so you don't have to go back and look it up, it was Branch in 2005 with 78 catches for 998 yards and 5 TDs). I don't know why people hate on this guy so much.

Hoomanawanui didn't have a good first season by any stretch of the imagination, but the guy wasnt expect to even be on the active roster each week. He was supposed to be a 47-53 man on the roster guy.

I think people are overstating McDaniels' role in the personnel decisions. The Pats are probably getting a lot of these guys because of their familiarity with McDaniels' offense and not necessarily because McDaniels is telling Belichick to get these guys over other guys. With all the guys who have come in and struggled with the Pats' offense, Belichick probably wants guys who he knows have a good understanding of it. Since McDaniels coached in both Denver and St. louis, it is an obvious place to get them.

since josh has been brought back... we have signed lloyd , fells, and hoomanuadi... and now danny, i will never be able to carry wes weklers jock; amedola..... alot of curious moves... but this team needs another 2 wr , not to mention cb help... but the point is bill putting to much trust into mcdaniels...also do you think floyd reese departure is hurting the contract negotiations for fa???

Llllllllloyd was fine.
Fells was an injured backup TE who played like an injured backup TE
Uh Oh was a late (9/5) signing who was brought in when Shiancoe went to IR
Amendola has been a fairly productive player when healthy, although he's not Welker.

If there's blame, (I'm not saying that there is or isn't) in the context of your post, put it where it belongs, which is on the boss' shoulders. If there's blame, it's all on Bill.

So Amendola is a bust and can never be close to what Welker was without ever even putting on a Pats' uniform? BTW, Amendola only played one part of one regular season game while McDaniels was the OC of St. Louis. Amendola tore his ACL on the first game of the year the only year McDaniels was OC for the Rams.

Just a correction. Amendola has never torn his ACL. The injury he suffered in the 1st game of 2011 was a dislocated Elbow.

Danny Amendola dislocates elbow, season in doubt | ProFootballTalk

The other two catasrophic injuries he had were the dislocated clavicle that could have killed him, but he lucked out that it missed his aorta by a millimeter or so and the Achilles injury he had.

McDaniels is the future coach of the NEP

Just a correction. Amendola has never torn his ACL. The injury he suffered in the 1st game of 2011 was a dislocated Elbow.

Danny Amendola dislocates elbow, season in doubt | ProFootballTalk

The other two catasrophic injuries he had were the dislocated clavicle that could have killed him, but he lucked out that it missed his aorta by a millimeter or so and the Achilles injury he had.

Sorry, I forgot what he was injured with and just for some reason thought it was his ACL. My bad.

Too bad it didn't happen a year later. JJ Watt showed that you don't even have to miss a game with a dislocated elbow.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors ... too much conjecture to answer.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors ... too much conjecture to answer.

The only player we know for sure in the history of his tenure with the Pats that McDaniels had a lot of influence on bringing him into the Patriots is Laurence Maroney. And that was because he listened to bad advise from his brother who coached Maroney in Minnesota.

Luckily for the Pats, Ben McDaniels now coaches for Columbia and there aren't a lot of high draft pick type prospects coming out of Columbia or the Ivy League Conference.

Sorry, I forgot what he was injured with and just for some reason thought it was his ACL. My bad.

Too bad it didn't happen a year later. JJ Watt showed that you don't even have to miss a game with a dislocated elbow.

Umm.. Watt and Ray Lewis, who both had dislocated elbows, had their arms in protective braces that actually locked them in a bent position to prevent further damage to them.

I'm pretty sure that a receiver needs to be able to bend his arm to catch the ball. That being said, he wouldn't have missed as much time as he did had the Rams not tried rushing him back. It was only after it was re-injured during practice that it required surgery to fix.

The only player we know for sure in the history of his tenure with the Pats that McDaniels had a lot of influence on bringing him into the Patriots is Laurence Maroney. And that was because he listened to bad advise from his brother who coached Maroney in Minnesota.

Luckily for the Pats, Ben McDaniels now coaches for Columbia and there aren't a lot of high draft pick type prospects coming out of Columbia or the Ivy League Conference.

I think that Belichick learned from the Maroney and Jackson debacles since it lost a lot of trust with the Scouts.

I am glad they brought Daboll back because I think he'll be a good addition in terms of working with the WRs.

Llllllllloyd was fine.
Fells was an injured backup TE who played like an injured backup TE
Uh Oh was a late (9/5) signing who was brought in when Shiancoe went to IR
Amendola has been a fairly productive player when healthy, although he's not Welker.

If there's blame, (I'm not saying that there is or isn't) in the context of your post, put it where it belongs, which is on the boss' shoulders. If there's blame, it's all on Bill.

BB makes the decisions. Whether McDaniels is fully trusted or not even listened to, or anywhere in between is irrelevant, the blame or credit is on the man making the decision, and that is BB.

That is overrated too. Part of the OC job is to offer an opinion on players. He doesnt pick them, and the decision to draft Maroney was based on a hell of a lot more than McDs brothers opinion of him.

Umm.. Watt and Ray Lewis, who both had dislocated elbows, had their arms in protective braces that actually locked them in a bent position to prevent further damage to them.

I'm pretty sure that a receiver needs to be able to bend his arm to catch the ball. That being said, he wouldn't have missed as much time as he did had the Rams not tried rushing him back. It was only after it was re-injured during practice that it required surgery to fix.

Ray Ray had to sit out a week or two or four. Watts never missed a game. Plus I don't know if Amendola was keen on snorting ground up deer antlers.

Yeah, it was a joke though. I don't think Amendola could have done what Watts or Ray Ray did.

That is overrated too. Part of the OC job is to offer an opinion on players. He doesnt pick them, and the decision to draft Maroney was based on a hell of a lot more than McDs brothers opinion of him.

I agree with that. Maroney wasn't a first round pick on most mock drafts and Indy's target with their first pick because Ben McDaniels was hyping him. Maroney had a lot of things going for him that made him the top target of the Patriots. I think Ben's recommendation probably carried a lot of weight, but I doubt it was the only or even most important reason Belichick selected Maroney.

I agree with that. Maroney wasn't a first round pick on most mock drafts and Indy's target with their first pick because Ben McDaniels was hyping him. Maroney had a lot of things going for him that made him the top target of the Patriots. I think Ben's recommendation probably carried a lot of weight, but I doubt it was the only or even most important reason Belichick selected Maroney.

Clearly that opinion and the one of McDaniels was enough to sway Belichick and Pioli to not put a lot of credence into what the scouts were saying about Maroney: Poor Work Ethic and Immature

Unfortunately for the Pats, the Scouts were right and the McDaniels brothers were wrong.

Just as the Scouts and Daboll were right about Jackson and whomever made the final decision on Jackson was wrong.

Maroney, Jackson, O'Connell are McDaniels picks

He ruined Denver (lost 16 straight), then St Louis (worst offense in the league that yr)

Greg Salas to NE was his call. Freezing Welker the first few games was his call. Getting Amendola and 3 other Rams players is his call

McDaniels is calling a lot of these decisions

Belichick is not making every decision. He may have in the past but not anymore

Maroney, Jackson, O'Connell are McDaniels picks

He ruined Denver (lost 16 straight), then St Louis (worst offense in the league that yr)

Greg Salas to NE was his call. Freezing Welker the first few games was his call. Getting Amendola and 3 other Rams players is his call

McDaniels is calling a lot of these decisions

Belichick is not making every decision. He may have in the past but not anymore

Can you sneak a recorder in to these meetings you are in with BB so we can all hear what he is saying?

He personally worked out Jackson and O'Connell
Somehow Maroney, Jackson, O'Connell were not the scouts' favorites yet they were still picked

Belichick clearly makes decisions based on the opinions of his staff and in certain cases there is evidence he went against his scouts

There is more evidence McDaniels is a bad evaluator given his disastrous trades and moves in Denver. Well chronicled

McDaniels even traded a 4th for Maroney

Traded for Greg Salas

Now there are 4 ex Rams guys he's brought
Brought Lloyd who wasn't an outside threat

Stop blaming everything on Belichick when it's obvious he's taking input and influence from McDaniels

Amendola was in 1 regular season game with JM I think his impact in this signing has been greatly overstated

He personally worked out Jackson and O'Connell
Somehow Maroney, Jackson, O'Connell were not the scouts' favorites yet they were still picked

Belichick clearly makes decisions based on the opinions of his staff and in certain cases there is evidence he went against his scouts

There is more evidence McDaniels is a bad evaluator given his disastrous trades and moves in Denver. Well chronicled

McDaniels even traded a 4th for Maroney

Traded for Greg Salas

Now there are 4 ex Rams guys he's brought
Brought Lloyd who wasn't an outside threat

Stop blaming everything on Belichick when it's obvious he's taking input and influence from McDaniels

1.) Name for us any perfect talent evaluator, besides yourself of course.

2.) Why are you choosing to ignore D. Thomas, Z. Beadles, E. Decker, J.D. Walton and the other great personnel choices made by McDaniels while he was in Denver?

3.) Belichick is the boss, and he has final say. That's been made clear time and again.

4.) Salas? Really? You went so far as to point to a player who was gotten for a 2015 7th round pick as an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes