PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Peter King a dolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy Peter King and not just as an ironic way to own the libs. I just kind of enjoy his columns, he's like some football grandpa who might be wrong but he normally interests me.

I don't get the rage some people have for this guy but then again apparently most of you are forced to read his stuff as some sort of torture.
Sounds like Mike Franscesa lol. I hope he never goes off the air.

Peter King has managed to extend his shelf-life in a business that has moved in the direction of 24/7 tweeting and other social media. The world he knew has passed him by, but he still manages to hang around and earn a seven figure living. I don't always agree with him, but, ultimately, I just have to say "more power to ya."

Comments:

1.) I read King every Monday...and have done so for the last two decades or so.

2.) He is required weekly reading for anyone who follows the NFL. He is the one who sets the media agenda for the week, IMO.

3.) Yes, he has an inherent "liberal righteous indignation" bias in his column....but opinions are like assO's...everyone has one (shrugs).

4.) What I like is: His cofferness/beerness sections, links to great human non-football stories (although most are pay walled), the fact that he can text anyone in the NFL and get a response or meet up with players/coaches (e.g. Pederson and McVay before the last two Superbowls), his travel notes, and etc.... I was never much a fan of stories about his daughter's field hockey team...but loved his write ups about his dogs who passed away.

5.) Overall, I'd have a beer with him.....he's OK.

6.) Reiss is a beat writer like others have said in this thread....but he's by far my favorite...sticks to the facts/story. Curran is a favorite too even if he kinda went over the edge with Butler's benching. Florio...I really like his legal analyses with him being an ex-lawyer and how PFT breaks down contracts vs. the numbers in headlines.

7.) Will McDonough was the gold standard.....yeah I never felt that Will McDonough was a Patriot fan himself....but the man had his tentacles everywhere in the NFL and reported on stuff that nobody else would find out about. King's MMQB basically replaced McDonough's Sunday columns for me....not better...but it is what it is. RIP, Will.

8.) I'll have to check our Breer/MMQB.....not a big Breer fan myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes