PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Newhouse really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not that bad... he's worse.

giphy.gif

He's atrocious. Those trying to defend him should take the time to actually watch him play. Don't focus on anything but Newhouse and the way the schemes are designed to minimize him as a weakness.
Hold your horses, he has improved, this is what Carr had to deal with

He protected Eli for three years. I feel sorry for Eli. This Dante can't fix.

Judge for yourself.

He is what he is. He’s a 3rd string LT that has gotten way more playing time that 3rd string LT’s should.
If we can see that, imagine what other NFL teams are looking at during film study.

Coming into this season Wynn had 1 injury in the pros. You can't give up on a talented player after 1 setback. And getting Trent William's would have killed our salary cap.
Trent has health problems of his own. :(

Judge for yourself.

He is what he is. He’s a 3rd string LT that has gotten way more playing time that 3rd string LT’s should.

Looks like Fred Sanford.

On a run by Michel, with Bolden i think as a FB, this motherboi not only couldn't not get wrapped on the guy he suppose to brush, he literally LET a LB run by, on his face, without at least extending his arm

He is BAD. His awereness is beyond garbage, he gives up or cant reach a guy running around him. when forming a pocket

I really don't know how you can have someone worse than him on practices, but you really need to not be watching games to see how awful this dude is.

Of course i give Scar and BB the benefit of the doubt, but jesus what do we have as back-ups?!

Thank you for this very informative post. Thanks to you passing this information along, the entire country will know that Aaron Nagler is a complete fool.

Patriots have only lost 1 game with him too. *shrug*

Terrible take.
And that 15-1 was with Newhouse at RT instead of LT.

And with the other 4 offensive linemen all making a Pro Bowl during their careers.

Don't blame Newhouse; the guy was a street free agent who was cut for a reason - he's a back up at best. If you're looking to blame anyone, blame Belichick and the folks who decide to draft offensive linemen who get hurt constantly and simply do not play or flat out retire and the folks who decide to sign free agent offensive linemen who retire every training camp...

Don't blame Newhouse; the guy was a street free agent who was cut for a reason - he's a back up at best. If you're looking to blame anyone, blame Belichick and the folks who decide to draft offensive linemen who get hurt constantly and simply do not play or flat out retire and the folks who decide to sign free agent offensive linemen who retire every training camp...

I don't think anyone is blaming Newhouse for being Newhouse. I think everyone understands that he was thrown in way over his head. That doesn't mean that he's not total crap at his job, though. By the way, the Patriots beat the Eagles last night.

Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

That's what I'm saying. People need to back up off of Newhouse's ass. He is trying his best out there. We went 8-1 with him in there and it's not like the one loss is on him.

He is right. Hate to admit it, but he is. The offense was neglected during the offseason and we are witnessing the results. Maybe they just don't have the right personnel to run the offense. He is right about the lack of speed.

It's not even about the offense having been neglected, as much as completely mismanaged, because they ended up with a damn fine WR corps. For about 60 seconds.

This team's WR corps could look like

AB
Edelman
Gordon
Dorsett
Thomas
Harry
Meyers

if the team hadn't chosen to cut bait on 3 of those players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes