PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Newhouse really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antdawg

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Serious question here and admittedly, I'm a little tired of seeing people bash a backup LT like this guy has been bashed. Yes, I'm sure compared to most 1st string LTs, he sucks. But as a backup, has he really been all bad? I know there are some snaps he's gotten completely worked, but I'm sure that happens to all OL from time to time. What do the stats show? Is Newhouse really that bad? Was he just an unfortunate backup LT who filled in admirably in Wynn's absence or did he truly deserve the abuse he received from some of the fans and media?

Stop beating a Dead Horse Yesss!:rolleyes:

At this point of his career, he`s a backup`s backup. Literally 3rd string LT, good for couple of snaps here and there to relieve somebody... unfortunately, he had to start every game and other teams were able to exploit his weaknesses to the fullest extent.

Serious question here and admittedly, I'm a little tired of seeing people bash a backup LT like this guy has been bashed. Yes, I'm sure compared to most 1st string LTs, he sucks. But as a backup, has he really been all bad? I know there are some snaps he's gotten completely worked, but I'm sure that happens to all OL from time to time. What do the stats show? Is Newhouse really that bad? Was he just an unfortunate backup LT who filled in admirably in Wynn's absence or did he truly deserve the abuse he received from some of the fans and media?

The time we were pursuing Adam Humphries we should have threw those $$$$$ at Trent Brown. Our O-Line would have been so much better with him.

The time we were pursuing Adam Humphries we should have threw those $$$$$ at Trent Brown. Our O-Line would have been so much better with him.

The Trent Brown getting sued for domestic violence who might get suspended?

Judge for yourself.

He is what he is. He’s a 3rd string LT that has gotten way more playing time that 3rd string LT’s should.

Judge for yourself.

He is what he is. He’s a 3rd string LT that has gotten way more playing time that 3rd string LT’s should.

Yes, but any LT who's good enough to be on an NFL roster has to be somewhat serviceable, right? Yes, he's gotten worked on some plays, but fans act like all of our issues on the OL will be solved once you swap in Wynn.

Judge for yourself.

Wow, Newhouse didn't even touch that guy until he got to Brady. He is bad.

Yes, but any LT who's good enough to be on an NFL roster has to be somewhat serviceable, right? Yes, he's gotten worked on some plays, but fans act like all of our issues on the OL will be solved once you swap in Wynn.

He is serviceable in very small doses, with noticeable flaws that get exploited a lot the more he plays. There’s a reason why he is playing on his 7th NFL team. Good LT’s don’t grow on trees and teams don’t let them leave.

The right side of the line is having a down season for a few reasons but swapping out Newhouse will have an immediate positive impact on Brady and the run game.

Yes.

He is very horrible. I dont need to watch replays of games to count the times he messes up.

He has 0 awereness. He is not physically great

He's the NFL version of "put him at OL cause he's big"

Might key word.

There's no 'might' to the $36,250,000 in guaranteed (real cap hit) money Brown is getting this year and next. Given the cap constraints the team is operating under there was no realistic chance of keeping him.

We had Wynn...there's no way to know he was going to get injured

There's no 'might' to the $36,250,000 in guaranteed (real cap hit) money Brown is getting this year and next. Given the cap constraints the team is operating under there was no realistic chance of keeping him.
I'd like to know what the Pats' thoughts were about extending Brown during the season last year, or possibly franchising him. But of course the difficult OL situation involves more than just Brown. Losing Andrews and missing on several other promising pickups have been huge.

Last edited:
Coming off a ACL really??

He didn't have an ACL injury. He tore his Achilles in 2018. He got put on IR this year for turf toe. You don't spend millions of dollars to replace a talent like Wynn. He played fine in the preseason up through the Dolphins game.

Last edited:
I don’t get feelings over a player getting criticized. Newhouse is paid to do his job and he doesn’t done well.

We need someone better, simple as that. People that criticize Newhouse shouldn’t disturb you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back