PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Newhouse really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't have an ACL injury. He tore his Achilles in 2017. He got put on IR this year for turf toe. You don't spend millions of dollars to replace a talent like Wynn. He played fine in the preseason up through the Dolphins game.

Thanks for the injury clarification: that said Wynns career in the Pros so far have been checkered injury wise *He has missed more games than he's played*. IF he cannot stay on the Field and live up to his First Round billing we have No Chance! in the Playoffs. Brady's face says it all.

Dude isn't even a 3rd-stringer backup's backup...he is Unqualified to be an NFL player.

Bill wasted draft picks trading for OLmen who can't (or he refuses to) play...

What a Sh!tshow.

Thanks for the injury clarification: that said Wynns career in the Pros so far have been checkered injury wise *He has missed more games than he's played*. IF he cannot stay on the Field and live up to his First Round billing we have No Chance! in the Playoffs. Brady's face says it all.

Coming into this season Wynn had 1 injury in the pros. You can't give up on a talented player after 1 setback. And getting Trent William's would have killed our salary cap.

Serious question here and admittedly, I'm a little tired of seeing people bash a backup LT like this guy has been bashed. Yes, I'm sure compared to most 1st string LTs, he sucks. But as a backup, has he really been all bad? I know there are some snaps he's gotten completely worked, but I'm sure that happens to all OL from time to time. What do the stats show? Is Newhouse really that bad? Was he just an unfortunate backup LT who filled in admirably in Wynn's absence or did he truly deserve the abuse he received from some of the fans and media?
Is he That bad...….YES.

He’s terrible. That they’re trying to scheme around and away from him should give that away even if you ignore the fact that his man is often dry humping Brady and the RBs in the backfield. But he’s about what you should expect when you scrape through the scrap heap after your starter goes down in Week 1.

Coming into this season Wynn had 1 injury in the pros. You can't give up on a talented player after 1 setback. And getting Trent William's would have killed our salary cap.

I am not giving up on Wynn it's obvious the Patriots and Brady needs him. The question is in year Two can he stay on the Football Field?? IF Marshall Newhouse suits up again for a meaningful game we are in Trouble.

I am not giving up on Wynn it's obvious the Patriots and Brady needs him. The question is in year Two can he stay on the Football Field?? IF Marshall Newhouse suits up again for a meaningful game we are in Trouble.
Not real expectations but given the fear of health with Wynn I've been wondering if even a few weeks of Wynn could help straighten out the other 4 guys and build some confidence up in them even if we do eventually need Milhouse again.

Sony Michel has been disappointment too. The O-line is part of the problem but he has no physicality. We need a Corey Dillon type of back behind this line.

What I wrote last night

Dante can't save him.

This first step is so putrid Idk what else to say. It's not even a step. No explosion. Of course you're going to get beat up the arc after that. Ass is immediately out of position. Click on it slow. OL Ass should always be pointed at QB or you're getting beat by anyone that knows what their doing. This is just awful but unfortunately it's been happening all year.

Whether he's the worst LT, 5th worst, doesn't matter. That's a silly debate imo. He's awful & it's effecting so much. We've had multiple guys (RB/TE) chip or help. You can NOT expect any QB to be comfortable dropping back for a even a short amount of time w/out having to adjust or have doubt creep in abt standing tall.

Tbh I'm a lot more pissed abt the TE situation. We've known abt Gronk for years. Its certainly wasn't breaking news.
The LT situation sux but it is what it is when you consider the injury. Maybe we should have planned a lil better in terms of depth but again at least we had a plan w Brown going to Wynn.

As we've seen in the past it (TE) effects so many other players. Obviously the general run & pass game but again if you ever watched the A22 or just paid attention on TV you see how it helps the WRs release off the los in tight formations/think slot going underneath/motion. Those cracks, whams etc will always keep defenders on their toes at ALL times. Watching SF, Balt, even Phila to an extent you see the effect & what we used to have.

Both have been killers but I just felt like the LT situation is what happens at times. Sux but injuries... TE I thought we could have improved a bit more.

Great win though. Offense can't get worse & if it wasn't crystal clear before, we have an outstanding defense. Not perfect (DL will have some issues) but we've had as good of play from the DB/LB group as we've seen in a long, long time.

Might as well show some good as well. You can see the usefulness of martial arts training w a play like this. Check out the hand work/always active hands, eyes on ball but peep the way KVN transfers his weight to slide around his man. Just a really nice play. He's been so f'in good since coming here. Loved him in college & so happy he's found his niche.

Last night...
What a play here by KVN

hits him w a jab, takes it back so the OL has nothing to grab. Pulls around & rips underneath to get free. Great display of hand work & strength here.

He did this all the while keeping his eyes pinned on the ball.

Great play.

Which he injured in summer 2018. He was healthy this offseason

Yeah and only have Two Real NFL games to his credit need more than that.

This little groundswell of support for Newhouse is adorable. He’s terrible. I don’t care if he’s a first overall pick or a practice squad call up, he’s horrendous. God forbid Brady gets hurt I wonder how many “we’ll he’s doing his best!” posts we would see then.

We'll find out in the next two weeks if Wynn comes back and plays well...

This little groundswell of support for Newhouse is adorable. He’s terrible. I don’t care if he’s a first overall pick or a practice squad call up, he’s horrendous. God forbid Brady gets hurt I wonder how many “we’ll he’s doing his best!” posts we would see then.
Is it really support if the best people can say in his defense is “he’s not the worst LT that’s ever played for this team?”

Sony Michel has been disappointment too. The O-line is part of the problem but he has no physicality. We need a Corey Dillon type of back behind this line.
Yep.

More falling-down on first contact from Michelle yesterday.

Nick Chubb...what could've been...

And more draft Fail from Bill...what's really disturbing is that it's now becoming a 1st-round habit too...

Well he may be bad but it's the best the Pats could do for now.
BTW he seems to have the build for a guard but not a Tackle. That GIF that was posted previously shows how slow he is.

Didn’t he have an injury that kept him off the field for all of 2018 and then ANOTHER injury this year that has kept him out of 9 games?

so 2 injuries/setbacks, not 1

Didn’t he have an injury that kept him off the field for all of 2018 and then ANOTHER injury this year that has kept him out of 9 games?

so 2 injuries/setbacks, not 1

Yes, but @PatsFan2 is arguing we should have gotten Williams before Wynn's turf toe injury. And trading for him at the beginning of the year would have wrecked our cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes