PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Dont’a Hightower Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hightower should be fine inside. We do need Flowers to be healthy.

That’s not true.

"Pretty much" =/= every year. 2012 and 2013 have been exceptions.

2017: Sprained right MCL.
2016: Meniscus tear and knee strain.
2015: MCL sprain.
2014: Knee strain.
2013: None.
2012: None

College... tore his ACL, MCL, and meniscus in 2009.

Dont'a Hightower responds to Mike Lombardi saying he should switch to defensive end

“I think what New England needs to do is stop playing [Dont’a] Hightower at linebacker and just make him a defensive end because when he’s at linebacker they are really slow," he said. "They need to play him down at defensive end. Just make him a nickel rusher. Put his hand in the dirt and make him a nickel rusher because that is the only thing they are going to be able to get out of him. They are not going to be able to get space plays and they have to get faster guys on the field on defense.”

Hightower was asked about the comments and suggestion on Thursday.

"That's not my coach," he said. "I mean, if that's what Bill [Belichick] or Flo [Brian Flores] want to do, then we'll handle it at that."
At least Hightower admits now that he sucks as a LB...maybe there's some hope for him at MLB, but that's about it...likely it's DE or bust.

At least Hightower admits now that he sucks as a LB...maybe there's some hope for him at MLB, but that's about it...likely it's DE or bust.
Where did he admit that?

@captain stone BoneOnBoney Michel as a nickname?

I hope you can appreciate my humor. Lombardi reports that Sony has "bone on bone" and everyone seems to believe there is medical proof. Troy Brown even repeated it on TV. Just all absurd IMHO. I am amazed how the sheep flock to believe any scoop of a mistake that may have been made on a 1st round draft pick.

I didn’t quite pay attention to Hightower up close today. Saw that nice backfield tackle he made. Anybody have some more analysis on his performance?

I didn’t quite pay attention to Hightower up close today. Saw that nice backfield tackle he made. Anybody have some more analysis on his performance?
I am also curious of this. Overall the defense just looked drastically better, can't tell how HT was specifically.

He looked good against the run - no "My bad"s

Beast. But the whole defense looked great. I thought Jmac looked really good today the other guy everyone tried to retire.

Didn't watch the game, so did Hightower play better?

They must read the insight posted on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes