PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Dont’a Hightower Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please indicate where the poster said Grigsby is a better linebacker than Hightower. I won't hold my breath.

To save yourself the trouble, I'll explain it for you: sometimes good players struggle for whatever reason(s), and trying another player in that role may produce better results, temporarily if nothing else. That does not mean the replaced player is, overall, worse than the player replacing them. It simply means they aren't playing particularly well at that point in time.
He suggested benching Hightower and playing grigsby.
To which I ASKED is he seriously saying grigsby is better than Hightower.
Evidently you feel responsible for answering for him, or else you just are obsessed with me.

Hightower looks old and slow. Then again nobody looked good on defense.

We are really lacking that athleticism at linebacker to stay with catching threats and wide threats out of the backfield.

We miss Ninkovich on the edge too. Such a reliable edge rusher. Hopefully Flowers comes back healthy soon and fills that void.

Pats got stomped. Looked bad on offense and defense. Not a lot of quick fixes available except to get healthy. Hopefully Josh Gordon makes an impact next week. Miami away is always a tough game for the Pats, could be looking at 1-3 if we're not careful.

Evidently you feel responsible for answering for him, or else you just are obsessed with me.

You are equating the suggestion of trying a different player in lieu of Hightower as meaning that 'different player' is better than Hightower in some overall sense. That's simply untrue, although Coolade should speak for himself.

Again, no one is arguing that Grigsby is a better overall player than Hightower. The suggestion is that, perhaps, Grigsby might be able to better do some of the things Hightower is very clearly struggling with, right now, at this point in time.

Hopefully Hightower rounds into form with time, because no doubt he is capable of better, assuming he is healthy.

You are equating the suggestion of trying a different player in lieu of Hightower as meaning that 'different player' is better than Hightower in some overall sense. That's simply untrue, although Coolade should speak for himself.

Again, no one is arguing that Grigsby is a better overall player than Hightower. The suggestion is that, perhaps, Grigsby might be able to better do some of the things Hightower is very clearly struggling with, right now, at this point in time.

Hopefully Hightower rounds into form with time, because no doubt he is capable of better, assuming he is healthy.
Why don’t you let the person who made the comment tell us if “no one is arguing grigsby is better than Hightower” since he is the one who wants grigsby to play instead of Hightower.
Or are you speaking for him?

Hightower struggling is still better than grigsby and his struggles are being exaggerated.

Hightower looks old and slow. Then again nobody looked good on defense.

We are really lacking that athleticism at linebacker to stay with catching threats and wide threats out of the backfield.

We miss Ninkovich on the edge too. Such a reliable edge rusher. Hopefully Flowers comes back healthy soon and fills that void.

Pats got stomped. Looked bad on offense and defense. Not a lot of quick fixes available except to get healthy. Hopefully Josh Gordon makes an impact next week. Miami away is always a tough game for the Pats, could be looking at 1-3 if we're not careful.
Good thing its home and not in Miami.

Why don’t you let the person who made the comment tell us if “no one is arguing grigsby is better than Hightower” since he is the one who wants grigsby to play instead of Hightower.
Or are you speaking for him?

Hightower struggling is still better than grigsby and his struggles are being exaggerated.

I cannot speak for anyone save myself. As I said in my post, Coolade is welcome to share his own thoughts; I don't claim to be a mind reader, only sharing my perspective.

Considering the fact that we've never seen Grigsby for an extended period of time, I don't believe you, or anyone else for that matter, except for Belichick, is in much of a position to make the claim HT as currently constituted is better than Grigsby. Evidently he thinks so.

I cannot speak for anyone save myself. As I said in my post, Coolade is welcome to share his own thoughts; I don't claim to be a mind reader, only sharing my perspective.

Considering the fact that we've never seen Grigsby for an extended period of time, I don't believe you, or anyone else for that matter, except for Belichick, is in much of a position to make the claim HT as currently constituted is better than Grigsby. Evidently he thinks so.
Then dint say things like “no one is saying....”

Are you honestly telling me that you think nic grigsby is a better football player than dont’a Hightower?
Hightower is Useless on the field right now, so yeah let's see what Grigsby can do with an increased role on defense. Too bad the Emperor didn't deign the inclusion of Marquis Flowers & Christian Sam (Foxborough Flu) worthy enough for this diddly-poo of a position. Not that those two are actually any good themselves either, but they sure beat the heck out of eLOLandon Roberts.

Hightower is Useless on the field right now, so yeah let's see what Grigsby can do with an increased role on defense. Too bad the Emperor didn't deign the inclusion of Marquis Flowers & Christian Sam (Foxborough Flu) worthy enough for this diddly-poo of a position. Not that those two are actually any good themselves either, but they sure beat the heck out of eLOLandon Roberts.
Are you making up that BB made a fake injury to complain about Bill? That's some inception level *****ing.

Dont'a Hightower responds to Mike Lombardi saying he should switch to defensive end

“I think what New England needs to do is stop playing [Dont’a] Hightower at linebacker and just make him a defensive end because when he’s at linebacker they are really slow," he said. "They need to play him down at defensive end. Just make him a nickel rusher. Put his hand in the dirt and make him a nickel rusher because that is the only thing they are going to be able to get out of him. They are not going to be able to get space plays and they have to get faster guys on the field on defense.”

Hightower was asked about the comments and suggestion on Thursday.

"That's not my coach," he said. "I mean, if that's what Bill [Belichick] or Flo [Brian Flores] want to do, then we'll handle it at that."

Last edited:

Do you feel Hightower's play shouldn't have him on the bench?

Hightower looks confused out there. He’s not sure of his assignments and because if that he is acting like a statue.

If we had a competent number 2 corner, we could blitz nonstop and have a better chance to get off he field on third down. A simple assignment like go get the qb might be the best thing for Hightower this year.

I heard Tom Curran mentioned Nicholas grigsby. I guess Tom is on top of this. Hopefully included is belichick.

Last edited:
Hightower looks confused out there. He’s not sure of his assignments and because if that he is acting like a statue.

If we had a competent number 2 corner, we could blitz nonstop and have a better chance to get off he field on third down. A simple assignment like go get the qb might be the best thing for Hightower this year.
I highly doubt Hightower just forgot the defense. He’s either tentative because of injury recovery or he’s lost a step. If it’s the former, he should regain his confidence as the season goes on. If it’s the latter, this team once again has the worst LB situation/corps in the NFL.

It could just be he needs a few games to shake off the rust, we'll see in a couple more games how everyone's doing before we start calling guys done. MP knew exactly how to attack this defense so I wouldn't put too much stock in that game. This week will be more telling, if they suck again I'll get in line on the Tobin with the rest of you but dont think that will happen.

Probably the same as Sony - "bone on bone".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes