PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Baker Mayfield being a whiny b#%&! about Hue Jackson?

Mayfield had two college coaches ( 3 if you count Kingsbury at Texas Tech) Bob Stoopes and Lincoln Riley, both of whom have had great success at the college level.Maybe Mayfield looked at Jackson after those two and realized Jackson was a big step down....
Supposedly Jackson gave MAyfield the least number of reps he could in training camp because he decided on Taylor early on...
Anybody who watched the third preseason game vs Philly when Mayfield sat and Taylor was inept ( to be kind) and the Browns defense won that game ( 5-0) compared to the 4th preseason game when Mayfield helped score 25 points in the first half before being rested should have helped decide who would start. ( Yes I know it was the 4th preseason game but the Browns were playing some starters and it wasn't your typical 4th preseason game)...

As a competitor Tom Brady is an exemplar of many an axiom, perhaps none so much as "The best revenge is living well."

Also a good form of revenge is pulling off thr biggest historical upset in SB history during the season you were suspended for a fake infraction, while the entire stadium boos and mocks Ginger unmercifully. And kicking the living **** out of every team involved in the frame job for years to come.

Also a good form of revenge is pulling off thr biggest historical upset in SB history during the season you were suspended for a fake infraction, while the entire stadium boos and mocks Ginger unmercifully. And kicking the living **** out of every team involved in the frame job for years to come.

What part of that doesn't fit under the category of 'living well' from where you sit?
'Cause it's certainly part of what I meant by it.

Baker is a confident dude and great to watch but the NFL will humble him, it humbles everyone.

Guy gets fired, gets offered another job, takes the job. Mayfield snubs him like a child. Hey Baker, not everybody gets a $20 million signing bonus so they have to keep working to earn a living.

Maybe I'm missing something, guy seems like an ass.
Mayfield is very immature ....needs a lot of attention...reminds me quite a bit of manziel...I mean didn’t Jackson convince owners to draft him #1?! He Mayfield is making a kings ransom!!!.....Grow up Baker...and show some respect!

Mayfield may be a little off the limits but I think it was the last piss he threw at Jackson and that's it.

Hue Jackson, for whatever reason, said in the press that Tyrod Taylor was the starting QB before training camp, I think, if memory serves me, even before the draft.

It's very idiotic for a coach, supposedly an experienced coach, to take a decision like that so early before letting the chips to fall in TC. Mistake 1.

Not only that, Hue Jackson under the lights of hard knocks called Baker Mayfield in his office with the 3rd string QB to say he won the backup job. WTF? The guy is a 1st round pick you dumbass, what an idiottttt! Mistake 2.

Then, to not admit he was dead wrong, he kept Tyrod Taylor losing games and just replaced him because he got injured, and it was a very suspect concussion, he was so bad in that game against the Jets that I think he gave up, the line wasn't blocking for him and here it's just a guess but I think inside the locker room the players knew that situation was ****ed up and Baker should be starting.

Then Mayfield goes and wins the game in a spectacular fashion (which at the time was like a SB win for the Browns) and Hue goes in the press conference and says he doesn't know if there will be a QB change. Probably the best thing to say at the moment, but he could have said that in a million different ways, he was like that petulant arrogant guy again not admiting he was full of it. Mistake 3.

That's just what we know, I believe they may have had other beefs inside closed doors. Hue Jackson is the worst coach the NFL has ever seen and they would probably be 0-15 at this point if he kept coaching and starting Tyrod Taylor. It's just too much, I give Baker Mayfield the reason here, now someone should just give him some advice to calm down and play.

I think Mayfield needs to learn that he is a professional now. The guy you're lined up in the trenches with today is going to be on the opposite side of the ball tomorrow. Not a big deal.

- Hue is a terrible coach.

- I think Mayfield's thought was simpler than people think. Hue went to the rival Bengals right after. It'd be like Jacoby Ellsbury being fired/released from the Red Sox and immediately joining the Yankees .

Mayfield is very immature ....needs a lot of attention
Have you watched any NFL games this year, and what happens after a turnover, never mind a touchdown? Or even a tackle, even though the offense made a first down?

Have you watched a single NFL wide receiver, since Keyshawn Johnson was a rookie?

How exactly is Mayfield looking for more attention than any of the above?

...reminds me quite a bit of manziel...
You lost all credibility right there.
Mayfield is a polar opposite in every aspect other than the uniform.

I mean didn’t Jackson convince owners to draft him #1?!
GM John Dorsey's choice, not Jackson's. After going 1-31 Jackson had no say in the draft.

He Mayfield is making a kings ransom!!!
There's this thing called a rookie wage scale. The only thing rookies and their agents get to negotiate is offset language in case of injury. The salary corresponds to draft slot.

He's making $5.4 mil, which makes him the 29th highest paid QB in the NFL.

For some perspective his backup, Tyrod Taylor, is making $16 million.

Try to keep up....

.....Grow up Baker...and show some respect!
You forgot to yell "get off my lawn"!

It’s his ultra competitive nature. He sees it as a snub and probably resents him for what he sees as costing their team games early in the season and maybe even a shot at the postseason. It’s the same competitive nature that drives Brady. Hate it if you want, but history has shown that nature to be present in a ton of winners.

Brady is far less outspoken and does what he is told...

I like the attitude that Mayfield brings to the table but in no way shape or form should that be acceptable. Players should have proper sportsmanship. Now you're going to see kids in sports all across the country thinking it's ok to stare people down. Not cool.

Whatever other fans think, Cleveland fans love it right now. You can be competitive though and have a chip on your shoulder without being juvenile. I know, cause we have seen it for 18-19 years. He should want to be more like Brady and less like Kelce.

Hue Jackson is a horrible coach whose malfeasance cost the Browns a legit playoff chance. Everyone in the entire organization should have a huge beef with Huge Idiot Jackson.
Not to mention the Bengals fell way off the map once they brought Hue onto their coaching staff.

He's only 23, he's still young. I'm okay with him showing more personality than your typical 30 years old QB as long as it's not hurting his on-field performance (which it hasn't).

It's an entirely different thing for a veteran like Brady or Manning to trash talk another person. I think for the long term Mayfield will mature but that does depend on who's coaching Mayfield's development years.

After seeing Hue on Hard Knocks, I'm surprised more Browns players don't stare him down. Baker gets a pass on this in my book.

Regards,
Chris

Mayfield, just shut up and play.

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back