PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Baker Mayfield being a whiny b#%&! about Hue Jackson?

I love Mayfield. He is a fierce competitor and he has a charisma that makes others follow him and he is what Cleveland has needed. They have been a laughingstock for so long and Hue was a big part of that. He is an awful head coach who probably cost the team a chance at the playoffs. Every since he left Mayfield has played really well and the team has won some games. I think part of Mayfield’s rift with Jackson is part competitiveness and partiatlly playing it up for the fans.

The perpetually offended generation locates another indignation opportunity...
Proper post-game man-love :)

Frankly, I like the kid's take-charge approach and confidence in his ability.
He recognized a difficult situation at Texas Tech and took control of his future by transferring...making the perfect choice in Oklahoma as his resume will show.

Then he arrives at another ****-show destination and once again takes a proactive approach....likely leading to the firing of the perpetual loser coach. He got that one right too.

Snubbing the guy who lacked faith in you....who also happens to now work for the in-state rival....big freakin deal.....and good for him.

Stop projecting Tom Brady's Way onto everyone else.

BB has snubbed (Mangini hand-shake....epic) ****-head coaches after games.....we certainly love that :)
BB blows off the Head Coach group photo op at every NFL annual meeting........we defend that too.

Not only that, Hue Jackson under the lights of hard knocks called Baker Mayfield in his office with the 3rd string QB to say he won the backup job. WTF? The guy is a 1st round pick you dumbass, what an idiottttt! Mistake 2.
This was was Hue Jackson’s worst moment he probably wants back. The look of embarrassment/confusion/anger on Mayfield’s face said it all. He was clearly the best QB from day one, yet the HC said you've earned the “backup job? Oh yeah and him rubbing it in saying “congratulations” was even more disrespectful. Sounded like Jackson was trolling at that point.

The stare down was exactly because of that basically saying “look at me/us now. Should’ve played me earlier”.

Last edited:
Hue had at least another year on his contract and coach contracts are fully Guaranteed. Hue would have been paid to sit out.

He didn't need to work for the money. But most coaches are obsessed. They don't walk away from the game until they don't have a choice in the matter.

This was was Hue Jackson’s worst moment he probably wants back. The look of embarrassment/confusion/anger on Mayfield’s face said it all. He was clearly the best QB from day one, yet the HC says you earned a “backup job? Oh yeah and him rubbing it in saying “congratulations” was even more disrespectful. Sounded like Jackson was trolling at that point.

The stare down was exactly because of that basically saying “look at me/us now. Should’ve played me earlier”.
Hue looked absolutely clueless on Hard Knocks. Even worse he looked like no one respected him based on his interactions with Mayfield and the coaching staff.

Too much being made of Mayfield IMO. Lost the biggest game of his career to date after leading 31-17 at half.

Any time you can work in an analogy to The Wire is the right time.
Still one of the best shows ever to hit TV.

Hah, right?? I only rewatch shows that were extremely good and it’s been so long that I forgotten a large portion of it. Unfortunately The Wire was so good that I remember damn near every line so haven’t been able to rewatch it yet :)

Hue took the team on a 1-31 run, and then threw all the players under the bus to the media on the way out. He went out of his way to trash Mayfield after he got fired.

Meanwhile they went 5-2 without him, and Mayfield is chasing the rookie TD record with a passer rating 0.3 points off Tom Brady's this year.

OF COURSE they hate his guts and want to rub it in every chance they get, and Hue 100% deserves it. He's both a terrible coach and a back-stabbing office politician garbageman. The second they replaced him with someone who's only mediocre instead of terrible they looked 10X better at everything.

Mr. “in your face” and “big mouth” played like crap in the 2nd half vs Georgia - came up small.

What does that have to do with this season?

What does that have to do with this season?
It was just one year ago. Could Mayfield turn out to be a big winner in the NFL - sure. But Kyler Murray just arguably had a better year at OU than Mayfield. Mayfield had an impact, as did firing Jackson. But the Browns are a much more talented team now - and 7-7-1 is a good, but not unbelievable record. I would pump the brakes on Mayfield.

It was just one year ago. Could Mayfield turn out to be a big winner in the NFL - sure. But Kyler Murray just arguably had a better year at OU than Mayfield. Mayfield had an impact, as did firing Jackson. But the Browns are a much more talented team now - and 7-7-1 is a good, but not unbelievable record. I would pump the brakes on Mayfield.

I don’t know of anyone who’s putting Baker in canton. But can’t argue he’s been head and shoulders above any rookie qb in 2018.

If I was Mayfield and for told that Tyrod Taylor was a better QB than me, i'd be pissed also.

He'll probably mellow out a little when he gets older, but a winning QB full of piss and vinegar is exactly what the Browns need.

I agree. Mayfield woke that franchise up but quick. They have a chance to finish the year with a winning season and Mayfield has a lot to do with that. Hopefully the Browns don't Browns this up and find a way to keep the franchise moving in a positive direction. Parting ways with Jackson is a good start. Now they need to shore up the offensive line and keep everyone healthy.

The Browns had a radioactive loser mentality forever. If any team needs somebody to throw touchdowns and tell their loser ex-coach to GTFO while flipping the double bird, it's Cleveland.

Crisp professionalism is great and all, but it's not the answer to everything.

The Browns had a radioactive loser mentality forever. If any team needs somebody to throw touchdowns and tell their loser ex-coach to GTFO while flipping the double bird, it's Cleveland.

Crisp professionalism is great and all, but it's not the answer to everything.
I agree. If ever a franchise needed a little "Rebel Yell" mentality to wake it up, needed a character at quarterback to break the mold and shake up the team around him, that franchise is the New Cleveland Browns. You can not ask a player to respect the team's tradition when the team's tradition is to fester in the basement year after year after year.

Willing to bet that Cleveland Browns fans are drinking this up. They don't care that their star QB is a little disrespectful, especially to a guy who won 2 games in 3 years for their team. they care that they actually have a star QB. That doesn't happen to that team. If on their climb into relevance, the Browns players publicly destroy a guy who kept them irrelevant for his entire tenure, if I was a Browns fan I'd be going "hell yeah!"

It’s getting old. Time to grow up and just be an NFL QB.

Why doesn’t he tack on ownership for keeping the horribly unsuccessfull coach around for so long?

I don't think Mayfield has ever recovered from this vicious tackle:D

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes!

The Browns have won more games this season than they've won in the previous 3 seasons. Anyone over there who's complaining needs to put things into the proper perspective.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back