PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Baker Mayfield being a whiny b#%&! about Hue Jackson?

Brady only does that in public and I admit Baker might be wise to follow that example (and he probably will in time). But Brady’s leaked e-mails to his dad about Manning show the same competitive streak in private.

Private emails should really be off limits. Constitutional and personal rights are violated and in this case we got those emails because some sleezeballs made up lies to get them. You are right about the competitiveness though.

I think The Wire was a very good show if you remove the snooze fest that was season two. Even then, it would be on the back end of my top 10. I think many tend to overrate it with talk of “best ever,” etc.

I think we are all veterans of the really long and boring arguments/discussions on thread after thread here. People like AJ and DI inserting quotes, dissecting every single word. Nobody likes it, it throws threads way off topic every time.

But calling Season 2 of The Wire a "snooze fest" will have me quoting for the next 25 pages if I don't get an apology quickly.

Brady is far less outspoken and does what he is told...

Right and I mentioned that Baker could probably stand to do the same thing and more than likely will over time in another post. I'm just explaining his thinking on this issue.

I think he made himself look like kind of a prick, but he is a prick, so the only thing I really have a problem with is he didn’t have the balls to give a better reason that “he went to our rival”.

If you (and all your teammates) think he was a bad coach, if you think he screwed you and the team’s success by not starting you immediately, if you know you’re better off without him, and you want to be the badass anti-hero and run around the field mean-mugging the dude...then say THAT. If you’re not willing to go all the way then a simple “I would say our results since the coaching change speak for themselves” would be a lot more powerful than stare-downs and chastising him for taking a job with a rival team (where Hue spent many years working for Lewis in the past...like BB and Parcells except without any of the....winning).

Any time you can work in an analogy to The Wire is the right time.
Still one of the best shows ever to hit TV.

My wife and I tried to watch that show many years ago and she only got through a few episodes.

Then I convinced her to give it another try about a year ago and again she only lasted a few episodes.

That's when I decided to watch it myself and finished it a couple of months ago. I'll agree that it was good but the difference in years made a difference. It was a little outdated.

My wife and I tried to watch that show many years ago and she only got through a few episodes.

Then I convinced her to give it another try about a year ago and again she only lasted a few episodes.

That's when I decided to watch it myself and finished it a couple of months ago. I'll agree that it was good but the difference in years made a difference. It was a little outdated.

Interesting. My wife and I agreed on trade off binge watches. I agreed to sit through Penny Dreadful if she'd give The Wire a shot. I didn't hate Penny Dreadful anywhere near as much as I thought I would and she loved The Wire. It's one of her all time faves, when the subject of good shows comes up she always talks it up. It's right up there just behind The Americans as an all time favorite. Of course having raised 5 boys might have something to do with the evolution of her taste in entertainment, unlike a lot of husbands I haven't had to sit through many romcoms. Her favorite TV consists of Pats, B's & Sox and in that order. I am a lucky guy that way.

"Omar Comin' Yo"

omar.gif

Last edited:
\give

Interesting. My wife and I agreed on trade off binge watches. I agreed to sit through Penny Dreadful if she'd give The Wire a shot. I didn't hate Penny Dreadful anywhere near as much as I thought I would and she loved The Wire. It's one of her all time faves, when the subject of good shows comes up she always talks it up. It's right up there just behind The Americans as an all time favorite. Of course having raised 5 boys might have something to do with the evolution of her taste in entertainment, unlike a lot of husbands I haven't had to sit through many romcoms. Her favorite TV consists of Pats, B's & Sox and in that order. I am a lucky guy that way.

Breaking Bad.

Mayfield may be a little off the limits but I think it was the last piss he threw at Jackson and that's it.

Hue Jackson, for whatever reason, said in the press that Tyrod Taylor was the starting QB before training camp, I think, if memory serves me, even before the draft.

It's very idiotic for a coach, supposedly an experienced coach, to take a decision like that so early before letting the chips to fall in TC. Mistake 1.

Not only that, Hue Jackson under the lights of hard knocks called Baker Mayfield in his office with the 3rd string QB to say he won the backup job. WTF? The guy is a 1st round pick you dumbass, what an idiottttt! Mistake 2.

Then, to not admit he was dead wrong, he kept Tyrod Taylor losing games and just replaced him because he got injured, and it was a very suspect concussion, he was so bad in that game against the Jets that I think he gave up, the line wasn't blocking for him and here it's just a guess but I think inside the locker room the players knew that situation was ****ed up and Baker should be starting.

Then Mayfield goes and wins the game in a spectacular fashion (which at the time was like a SB win for the Browns) and Hue goes in the press conference and says he doesn't know if there will be a QB change. Probably the best thing to say at the moment, but he could have said that in a million different ways, he was like that petulant arrogant guy again not admiting he was full of it. Mistake 3.

That's just what we know, I believe they may have had other beefs inside closed doors. Hue Jackson is the worst coach the NFL has ever seen and they would probably be 0-15 at this point if he kept coaching and starting Tyrod Taylor. It's just too much, I give Baker Mayfield the reason here, now someone should just give him some advice to calm down and play.
All of this may be true, but wouldn't it have been better to run up to Jackson, slap him on the back with a big sheet eating grin and say loudly, "Hey Coach! How ya doin?" Mayfield should develop some style...

After the responses I've had it seems that Mayfield was unhappy with playing behind Tyrod Taylor, which is a natural reaction for a competitor. His response however was inappropriate in my opinion. He should have taken the high road instead.

Having said that, what do folks here think was the reason for playing Taylor ahead of him? It seems kind of natural since Taylor had been a starter in the NYFL and Mayfield was a raw rookie.

After the responses I've had it seems that Mayfield was unhappy with playing behind Tyrod Taylor, which is a natural reaction for a competitor. His response however was inappropriate in my opinion. He should have taken the high road instead.

Having said that, what do folks here think was the reason for playing Taylor ahead of him? It seems kind of natural since Taylor had been a starter in the NYFL and Mayfield was a raw rookie.

Stupidity. The kind of stupidity that comes when you're Hue Jackson.

"Omar Comin' Yo"

omar.gif

Yes, you are a lucky guy.

Top twenty

The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones are my top 3. The order probably depends what day of the week you ask me.

I didn't like this kid coming out of college for his antics, and I still don't.

BUT...

The dude can play football, and he's probably exactly what the Browns need to get them out of the funk they've been in since forever.

All of this may be true, but wouldn't it have been better to run up to Jackson, slap him on the back with a big sheet eating grin and say loudly, "Hey Coach! How ya doin?" Mayfield should develop some style...
Didn't one of the Browns players essentially do that when he handed Jackson ( now a Bengals coach) he ball after intercepting it??

Guy gets fired, gets offered another job, takes the job. Mayfield snubs him like a child. Hey Baker, not everybody gets a $20 million signing bonus so they have to keep working to earn a living.

Maybe I'm missing something, guy seems like an ass.

Hue had at least another year on his contract and coach contracts are fully Guaranteed. Hue would have been paid to sit out.

Not to mention the Bengals fell way off the map once they brought Hue onto their coaching staff.

Yeah, No

Jackson had 2 winning seasons as Bengals OC including the first 12 win season of Marv Lewis career.

2014 - 10 - 5 - 1
2015 - 12 - 4 - 0

Bengals dropped off with 3 losing seasons after 2016 when Hue was hired as Browns HC

2016 - 6 - 9 - 1
2017 - 7 - 9 - 0
2018 - 6 - 10 or 7 - 9

Bill Lazor is the Bengals OC right now calling the plays and not Hue. Jackson is not a HC, but a good coordinator like a lot of guys in the NFL including Charlie Weis and RAC.

Cincinnati Bengals Team Encyclopedia | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back