PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats are +6 with 21 takeaways and 15 turnovers
Titans are -3 with 14 takeaways and 17 turnovers

Not sure how anyone could say going into it that the Titans are more likely to win the turnover battle when it says NE is.
The Titans had all of their turnovers last week and got it out of their system. Just a Gambler's Fallacy on my part....

Why do you say this? Tennessee is -3 in turnover ratio we are +6.
They have thrown the 5th most Ints and we lead the league in taking ints.
Turnover battle looks extremely likely to favor the Patriots.
Replied above :)

See you on Monday night in two weeks. You'll be a man, won't you? Show your face in here. Don't slink away after the game.

When have I ever slunked away?

I'll say Allen is a formidable weapon on third down with his legs that very few teams have. That's hard to defend. Looking forward to the new and improved Patriots defense getting their first look at him.

Nope, no need to win out with the imminent AFC North/West divisional games coming in the final six weeks.

But beating Tennessee specifically with the Chargers\Browns games already in our pocket…increases the chances even more. If we get by Tennessee…which is no given as we likely will not win the turnover battle…we could split with the Bills and still take the #1 seed depending on the outcome of the Indy/Miami roadies.
The thing is there are a lot of teams with 5 or fewer losses. If someone goes on a hot streak it starts getting muddy with tiebreaker. I think if we lose 1 more game we probably end up with the 2 seed

I'm not worried about anyone. That being said, you don't have to be worried to lose. I think we can beat them. I think they can beat us.

Nope, we can sweep them.

That's brutal news for the Bills.

They get no sympathy from me. Pats have had major injuries preventing them from winning titles so that’s how it goes.

The Titans had all of their turnovers last week and got it out of their system. Just a Gambler's Fallacy on my part....
I don’t think you get turnovers out of your system. You turn the ball over when you are not making easy plays and succeeding on offense and have to press and do things you don’t do well.
Tannehill throwing 4 picks was about a mediocre QB with weapons depleted struggling to make decisions.
The fact that he is playing like crap without Henry has 12 picks in 12 games against us and 11 in 7 games in foxboro and that we lead thr nfl in Ints tells me it very more likely he throws up in his shoes than that throwing 4 picks last week means he won’t throw any because he emptied some mythical tank.
Your argument is almost akin to a bad team facing a good team should blow them out because they are “due”.

The Bills have shown the tendency to be soft against physical teams, so hopefully that continues. The Pats have to bully them on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes. Put a healthy fear and respect into them that lingers beyond the game. If the Pats can win the first one that way, the 2nd meeting will be easier IMHO.
I think they win this weekend and that sets up a very winnable game next Monday night. If they can win those two games, they're headed to the playoffs and anything is possible in a jumbled up Conference.

I don’t think you get turnovers out of your system. You turn the ball over when you are not making easy plays and succeeding on offense and have to press and do things you don’t do well.
Tannehill throwing 4 picks was about a mediocre QB with weapons depleted struggling to make decisions.
The fact that he is playing like crap without Henry has 12 picks in 12 games against us and 11 in 7 games in foxboro and that we lead thr nfl in Ints tells me it very more likely he throws up in his shoes than that throwing 4 picks last week means he won’t throw any because he emptied some mythical tank.
Your argument is almost akin to a bad team facing a good team should blow them out because they are “due”.

I agree.

I think Vrabel can manage it some by not passing as much. Successful or not the Titans have to run the ball more and lean on their defense. As you note, asking Tannehill to pass 50 times will not work out well - it never has with Tannehill.

I agree.

I think Vrabel can manage it some by not passing as much. Successful or not the Titans have to run the ball more and lean on their defense. As you note, asking Tannehill to pass 50 times will not work out well - it never has with Tannehill.
But if they can’t be successful doing that, which I suspect we can take away, they have no choice but to ask him to do that

But if they can’t be successful doing that, which I suspect we can take away, they have no choice but to ask him to do that

They tried that against the Texans and lost. Vrabel is smart enough to know trying the same thing against the Pats will not work. We will see all kinds of trick plays, sweeps, screens, etc. Vrabel has no other option. Running between or off tackle will not work, and Tannehill throwing 50 times will not work. Vrabel will watch film of what Josh McDaniels did last year when he had to limit the number of QB throws. :oops:

They tried that against the Texans and lost. Vrabel is smart enough to know trying the same thing against the Pats will not work. We will see all kinds of trick plays, sweeps, screens, etc. Vrabel has no other option. Running between or off tackle will not work, and Tannehill throwing 50 times will not work. Vrabel will watch film of what Josh McDaniels did last year when he had to limit the number of QB throws. :oops:
They “tried it” because they had to. When you have tannehill at QB a crappy running game and weak weapons it’s not a matter of “smart” its a matter of bad offenses need to take greater risks to try to put points on the board.
I hope you are right though because we will probably shut them out if that is their approach.

Bills are ****ed. White is the second most important player on the team.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back