PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports of the Bills' demise were premature. Yes, the Saints offense was truly an Atlanta look-alike yesterday, but Buffalo can play. Beasley, Knox, and Diggs are dangerous, They have a pair of good running backs, and Allen has to be contained (he's going on IR sometime soon with that attitude). Saints left end was running way too far upfield on his rushes yestercay, losing the lane, and Allen burned them repeatedly for it.

Pats have no excuses this Sunday. Titans are depleted. Have to win that one.

Then we get to see Mac in what very possibly could be his first truly miserable cold and windy, maybe snowy, night.

AFC power rankings right now for me:

Indy, Buffalo, Kansas City, Baltimore, Tennessee, New England...in whatever order you choose. This conference is wide open.

I'll give Indy and the Pats a bit of an advantage because of trend lines, with both teams improving, particularly the Pats because they've got so many more moving parts than anyone else and a growing QB (unless Jones hits that rookie wall).

And I'll give KC the biggest advantage because of the trend and because they've proven they can get there two years in a row now. They're going to win the west, with the Chargers having a very outside chance, and the playoffs might go through KC.

The good news is, we're coming into December and the Patriots are right in the mix for everything. Even Homer 50 here never expected that. Last year, I was barely watching the games by this point!

The better news is that this Patriots team is going to be truly scary next few years.

Bills can play, but I am not that impressed with Josh Allen. Sure, he can move around and he is in the top 15, but he makes so many bad decisions. I think Bill can make him his *****.

The Bills game in Buffalo will be the first time Mac plays in front of a really hostile NFL road crowd. Let's be real he hasn't really faced any yet and some of those "road" games like in LA were full of Pats fans and an indifferent home crowd.

Will be a great experience for him and if he can keep his cool in that environment maybe we really do have a special QB here.
He'll be fine as long as they don't concuss him with a bildo.

The Bills game in Buffalo will be the first time Mac plays in front of a really hostile NFL road crowd. Let's be real he hasn't really faced any yet and some of those "road" games like in LA were full of Pats fans and an indifferent home crowd.

Will be a great experience for him and if he can keep his cool in that environment maybe we really do have a special QB here.
I know you said NFL crowd but if anything at Alabama he played in front of larger more hostile college crowds, filled with younger more boisterous enemy fans vs. the corporate seat folks, yes even in Buffalo. I doubt that the crowd aside from the usual noise issue affecting the offense would be a special factor.

He played at Gainesville and Baton Rouge last year. Pretty tough and much larger crowds Than Bills Stadium. Not worried.

Reports of the Bills' demise were premature. Yes, the Saints offense was truly an Atlanta look-alike yesterday, but Buffalo can play. Beasley, Knox, and Diggs are dangerous, They have a pair of good running backs, and Allen has to be contained (he's going on IR sometime soon with that attitude). Saints left end was running way too far upfield on his rushes yestercay, losing the lane, and Allen burned them repeatedly for it.

Then we get to see Mac in what very possibly could be his first truly miserable cold and windy, maybe snowy, night.

Indy, Buffalo, Kansas City, Baltimore, Tennessee, New England...in whatever order you choose. This conference is wide open.

I'll give Indy and the Pats a bit of an advantage because of trend lines, with both teams improving, particularly the Pats because they've got so many more moving parts than anyone else and a growing QB (unless Jones hits that rookie wall).

And I'll give KC the biggest advantage because of the trend and because they've proven they can get there two years in a row now. They're going to win the west, with the Chargers having a very outside chance, and the playoffs might go through KC.

The good news is, we're coming into December and the Patriots are right in the mix for everything. Even Homer 50 here never expected that. Last year, I was barely watching the games by this point!

The better news is that this Patriots team is going to be truly scary next few years.
The Chargers and Raiders are only a game behind KC in the division. The Chargers also are undefeated in the division with a win over KC. I think it is possible that the Chiefs drop to a WC. If that happens and the Pats win the East then I can see us facing them in the wild card or divisional round which would be awesome.

Bills looked good against a depleted Saints team. But Allen still threw 2 picks. And saints did nothing with them.

I'm sure Patriots would capitalize on them

Not just his first time with that on primetime, but his first time with cold and possibly bad weather football.

It's another litmus test for him.

Bills looked good against a depleted Saints team. But Allen still threw 2 picks. And saints did nothing with them.

I'm sure Patriots would capitalize on them
The Saints appear to be in tank mode. Siemian is a terrible QB and they are really injured on top. I am not sure anything can be gathered by the Bills blowing them out other than they did what they were supposed to do but of course they did not do that vs the lowly Jags so I am not sure what to think. I believe the Pats are just a better team than the Bills. I do think Allen if he is one can be a difference maker so that does worry me but outside of that, I feel like our offense will be able to move the ball and score and I like to think our defense can force a couple of picks from Allen. I don't think it is a gimme by any means but definitely not as formidable as it appeared a month ago.

Jones did play in the SEC. He is used to playing against loud hostile crowds. I am more worried about the Buffalo weather (at least he can show he can play in the cold, wind, and snow) than the hostile crowd.

Jones did play in the SEC. He is used to playing against loud hostile crowds. I am more worried about the Buffalo weather (at least he can show he can play in the cold, wind, and snow) than the hostile crowd.
Very true.

Looked at the 14 day forecast there and for a next Monday it calls for 3 inches, temps near freezing and wind about 20mph. If that holds we'll certainly find out how good he is in that kind of weather. We know Brady was really good in it.

I don't think the Bills are done, but I don't think they are nearly as good as some think or thought they were. They have some definitive flaws and still really haven't shown they can beat a good team. The only good teams they faced and beat were KC in the middle of a streak where KC lost 4 of 6 games and the Saints who were without their starting QB, RB, and one of their best pass rusher not named Cameron Jordan. Over the last six weeks, they are 3-3 and their wins were over the Dolphins (at a point where they were 1-6), the Jets with Mike White a QB (as if the QB matters to beat them) and the severely depleted Saints. Meanwhile, during that time they lost to the Jaguars. The Jaguars.

Right now I think the Pats are the better team. I don't think the Bills can go toe to toe with a team that will play physical. They can beat up on the more finesse teams, but they have been losing to the teams that come in want to smack them in the mouth. I think the best the Bills will do is split the games, but I think the Pats can sweep the series.

The Bills are still a good team and should be taken seriously. But the Pats should be favored in both games. And I think they have a good chance of winning both games.

I said after the Pats crushed the Falcons, everything we saw in that game should be taken with a grain of salt because it was a Thursday night game. And I feel the same about last night's game. Nothing changed after last night. Hell, I will argue that if the Bills were really good, they would have 24-31 points in the first half. The Saints were doing everything possible to make that game a massive blowout.

Very true.

Looked at the 14 day forecast there and for a next Monday it calls for 3 inches, temps near freezing and wind about 20mph. If that holds we'll certainly find out how good he is in that kind of weather. We know Brady was really good in it.
To me that is another box for Mac to check. What makes Brady great in the bad weather is his tight spirals. I remember Bill mentioning that after we beat the Broncos when we were down 24-0 on a very windy and cold night. Mac appears to throw a very nice ball but not with a lot of velocity. If his spiral is tight then I think he will be able to do fine, if not then the flutter balls will happen on anything over 10 yards.

Snow could hurt Mac, but it would help us. The Bills running game sucks. Snow would slow down their passing game. Our running game is our strength.

Bills have a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft